hulika

Author Topic: Yamaha DTXPRESS II to Reason  (Read 2209 times)

Offline nerodrumpsycho

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Yamaha DTXPRESS II to Reason
« on: April 27, 2005, 05:59:53 AM »
I have a Yamaha DTXPRESS II vdrum set.  I am trying to get it to trigger a redrum module in Reason.  I have the midi set to channel 10...and it is now apparently recognizing my hi hat controller.  However, it is not recognizing any of the other pads on my drum kit.  Can anyone help me out?

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:01:53 AM »
pards
change the midi note assignment so that it can trigger your sound module
Music is art in sound...

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:23:05 AM »
+1 on what Baldo says.

It doesn't matter what midi channel the DTX is assigned to because reason usually receives in omni mode. I know that the DTX is usually mapped to GM note numbers so you can probably explore that option. If not, it should have a provision where you can assign specific note numbers to pads. Even my SPD-11 does this. You can also try MidiOx to do some remapping, but I frankly haven't explored that option as I didn't need it.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:23:31 PM »
well said Kitc.. 8) like me.. i don't explore what i dont NEED hehehehe.. i use a roland R8 to get those sound modules working, let ROLAND do the drumming  :lol:
Music is art in sound...