hulika

Author Topic: The Indie rock thread  (Read 72792 times)

Offline cky

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The Indie rock thread
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »
coachella na!!!! :roll:

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2010, 04:59:44 AM »
check out vanillatrainwreck... 8-)

i have a cd of their album titled "sounding to try like you" di ko trip Mordecai album nila eh

Offline cymor

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 03:48:03 PM »
Joy Division, The Lapse... :lol:
"No crab shall witness my downfall for I will always be victorious" - aaroncymor

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 11:49:54 PM »

Offline dayee

• Netizen Level
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2010, 06:20:58 PM »
Radio Dept., Rocking Horse Winner,Pappas Fritas  :-D

Offline juneluvs

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2010, 04:01:46 PM »
nakapost na ba ako dito?  :lol:  anyway, i like bloc party, YYYs, the kooks, metric, neutral milk hotel, death cab for cutie..
yeah...no.

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2010, 02:42:31 AM »
Went record shopping in Manila while on vacation out in The Philippines recently.  If you're willing to put in the work, go record shopping at various places in the area.  I managed to find two albums that I've enjoyed spinning recently:  The Long Blondes' Singles collection and The Wake's Here Comes Everybody.

For those unfamiliar with The Wake, they were part of the set of bands that Joy Division/New Order manager Rob Gretton signed to the Factory label.  This band opened for New Order on some of their shows in the UK and sound so very much like them if Bernard Sumner actually sang on-key long enough (strangely though, I enjoy New Order off-key vocals and all).  To me, this band was the actual forebear to music being made by the likes of The Radio Dept and The Philippines' own Moscow Olympics.

Read more about The Wake here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wake_%28band%29

Offline jose roberto

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2010, 01:02:20 PM »
Got entangled with The Appleseed Cast, Minus the Bear and Sherwood. I dont want to get out.
Transactions:
RonnieA/ modmod/
alrak 1114/Zazza-/Goody-/mau_stratman-/ gunslinger13-/markv-/stinkyshaft/kenzu0911/kiiimpoiii/hanzapitan/

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2012, 05:34:52 AM »
buhaying ang thread na to  :)

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 08:23:16 AM »
Someone here has probably got plans to attend the Death Cab concert, yeah?  Anyone?

Nga pala...dinig ko din, paparoon sa Maynila rin si Morrissey.

Offline juneluvs

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »
^^^ ang mahal ng ticket sa show ni Morrissey.. :c  hehe makapag ipon na nga..
yeah...no.

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »
Just realized I'll be seeing Radiohead less than four weeks from now.  First time to see the band so this will be frakkin' awesome!

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline eros00

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 09:13:15 PM »
The Pauses!  :wink: or anything that is featured on SXSW. (Note: Taken by Cars is featured on SXSW 2012 as well.)
How many bassists does it take to change a lightbulb? Doesn't matter, they're never in the light anyways...

FSO: Ibanez RGA 42 Heavily Modded 27K NEGO!

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2012, 04:03:44 PM »
pasali, hehe. my favorite indie rock bands are:

arctic monkeys
the rascals
the last shadow puppets
franz ferdinand
milburns
the enemy
the automatic
interpol
editors
at ang band ko dirty hate: www.facebook.com/DirtyPopMusic  (love your own syempre, hehehe)

Cheers Mates!
You...Soft and Lonely, You...Lost and Lonely, You...Just Like Heaven

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »
Just realized I'll be seeing Radiohead less than four weeks from now.  First time to see the band so this will be frakkin' awesome!

Radiohead.. Radiohead... when will i see you  :)

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2012, 05:18:51 AM »
From what i know, and i dont know much, yung c86 mga indie noon, sa mga banda dun Close Lobster , Soup dragons , Primal scream, Mighty Lemon Drops, Bodines lang talaga ang alam ko.
Yung Close Lobster at Mighty Lemon Drops ang nagka album ako

Yung mga Creation Records din paborito ko tunog ng mga banda dun

Eto mga recommended ko, cream of the Crop mga to:

Adorable
Nine ways to Sunday
The Ocean Blue - one of my fave
Riverside - eto, ang lupit neto
The Church - especially the HEYDAY album
Railway Children
The Chameleons - medyo darkwave to
Stone Roses - madchester/baggy tunog nila
Inspiral Carpets - madchester din

Marami pa pero yung iba kase medyo sikat kaya parang hindi na indie lol, tulad ng my bloody V, lush, ride, slowdive - i think gaze ang mga to
If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2012, 06:41:30 AM »
hi guys, sorry but i always wondered, how did "indie" become a genre again? indie is short for "independent" or "unsigned" right? paano sya naging genre? be gentle :)

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2012, 04:35:39 AM »
hi guys, sorry but i always wondered, how did "indie" become a genre again? indie is short for "independent" or "unsigned" right? paano sya naging genre? be gentle :)

oo nga , naisip ko na yan, basta ako noon nakagisnan ko na indie yung mga binaggit ko, ngayon di ko alam kung ano indie na bago. :)
If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2012, 07:33:05 AM »

Sensitive ang issue na to kasi its very open for interpretation depending on the people you're asking. Ang "indie" nga nagkaron na rin ng maraming sub-labels(post-punk, college rock/alternative, jangle pop, twee, lo-fi, shoegaze, britpop, early grunge, early post-hardcore/emo, post-punk revival, etc.)... at unti-unting nagevolve eto into a genre because it is celebrated by like-minded people and small record labels(so they are signed by an independent record company, hindi big/popular label kaya limited ang means of distribution) with the DIY ethos and whose attitude are mainly to be against the typical lifestyle(sex, drugs and rock n' roll) and sound of corporate cock-rock. Sobrang "off" siya sa mainstream rock kaya nagstart siya sa small record labels say Factory Records(think Joy Division, etc.), Creation Records, Rough Trade Records(think The Smiths, etc.), Matador(think Pavement, etc.), Sub-pop(think Mudhoney, early Nirvana, The Shins, etc.), Dischord(think Fugazi, etc.), local - Terno Recordings (think Up Dharma Down, Radioactive Sago)...nung tumagal ang mga bands na influenced by these artists on different umbrellas naging "indie" na rin ang sound kasi eto mga main influences nila e. Nagrrockout sila not for the sake of wanking on their instruments but to create "new sounds"(think Velvet Underground, The Cure, Sonic Youth, Radiohead, Minus the Bear, Wilco, Arcade Fire) and may not necessarily be heavy or dark and evil...so mapa-independent signed man sila or mainstream(think Sandwich), yung essence ng indie naging part na ng music nila. Kaya di ka makakita ng pointy Ibanez or BC Rich guitars sa set nila or topless groupies. Nowadays, indie bands play in cool-organized productions and small intimate venues(say Saguijo) and they're physically identified with the hipster look, cool retro or offset guitars, re-emerged early 90s plaid tops or may hawak-hawak na Vinyl (joke joke joke)  :-D ...bottomline: mas poging punk rock!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:41:17 AM by paltic »

Offline rtf_axeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 07:41:57 AM »
Sensitive ang issue na to kasi its very open for interpretation depending on the people you're asking. Ang "indie" nga nagkaron na rin ng maraming sub-labels(post-punk, college rock/alternative, jangle pop, twee, lo-fi, shoegaze, britpop, early grunge, early post-hardcore/emo, post-punk revival, etc.)... at unti-unting nagevolve eto into a genre because it is celebrated by like-minded people and small record labels(so they are signed by an independent record company, hindi big/popular label kaya limited ang means of distribution) with the DIY ethos and whose attitude are mainly to be against the typical lifestyle(sex, drugs and rock n' roll) and sound of corporate cock-rock. Sobrang "off" siya sa mainstream rock kaya nagstart siya sa small record labels say Factory Records(think Joy Division, etc.), Creation Records, Rough Trade Records(think The Smiths, etc.), Matador(think Pavement, etc.), Sub-pop(think Mudhoney, early Nirvana, The Shins, etc.), Dischord(think Fugazi, etc.), local - Terno Recordings (think Up Dharma Down, Radioactive Sago)...nung tumagal ang mga bands na influenced by these artists on different umbrellas naging "indie" na rin ang sound kasi eto mga main influences nila e. Nagrrockout sila not for the sake of wanking on their instruments but to create "new sounds"(think Velvet Underground, The Cure, Sonic Youth, Radiohead, Minus the Bear, Wilco, Arcade Fire) and may not necessarily be heavy or dark and evil...so mapa-independent signed man sila or mainstream(think Sandwich), yung essence ng indie naging part na ng music nila. Kaya di ka makakita ng pointy Ibanez or BC Rich guitars sa set nila or topless groupies. Nowadays, indie bands play in cool-organized productions and small intimate venues(say Saguijo) and they're physically identified with the hipster look, cool retro or offset guitars, re-emerged early 90s plaid tops or may hawak-hawak na Vinyl (joke joke joke)  :-D ...bottomline: mas poging punk rock!

errrr ok. :)

carry on good sir.  :wave:

Offline sgt_chibog

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2013, 06:50:55 PM »
i dont know if these are "indie" pero :

Cage the Elephant
Toe
IG|Twitter: @aaaagar

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2013, 05:13:55 PM »
BRING THE JANGLES!
Offset guitars for life.

Offline dennispalle

|Paul Cochrane's Timmy Overdrive|Neunaber Stereo Wet reverb|2010 Fender Telecaster MiM|Boss DD7|EB Volume Pedal jr|Ibanez TS9|Korg Pitchblack| Strymon Timeline |

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 02:11:58 AM »