hulika

Author Topic: Tele Love  (Read 1038377 times)

Offline mandoytz

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Tele Love
« Reply #2450 on: July 05, 2010, 11:57:37 PM »

Looks good with both bro, what's nice is you can just switch around them na lang depending on your mood :-)
 oo nga bro :-D thanks

Offline caloyburger

« Reply #2451 on: July 06, 2010, 01:56:30 PM »
Tele love!  07 highway one and 09 classic vibe 50's, all stock except for compensated brass saddles on the highway.  both are great guitars and each has its own distinct personality.  the cv is shimmery and jangly, it's got that classic tele twang.  the highway is punchier, more mids and cuts through the band like a knife. 

Offline itsallintheblues

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2452 on: July 06, 2010, 03:32:32 PM »
Tele love!  07 highway one and 09 classic vibe 50's, all stock except for compensated brass saddles on the highway.  both are great guitars and each has its own distinct personality.  the cv is shimmery and jangly, it's got that classic tele twang.  the highway is punchier, more mids and cuts through the band like a knife. 

Nice Tele's bro! I too am looking to buy my first Fender Telecaster on my birthday sa katapusan.. I hear great things about the Squier CV50's.. where'd you buy yours? I've been looking everywhere.. Pero hindi pako nakakapunta sa Yupangco main showroom.. so far my choice is a MIM Telecaster because, well basically it's everywhere.. so I've tested it already.. pero might change my mind if I test the Squier CV50.. hehehe.. I'll post it here as soon as I got one! hehe
You don't choose the guitar, it chooses you.

If at any point in time you cannot afford a particular guitar, don't play it. If it chooses you, you have to buy it.  If you simply can't beg, steal, or borrow, you will eventually die of a broken heart..

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2453 on: July 06, 2010, 08:11:21 PM »
hi guys need your opinion on which pickguard to use? :-D

Both looks good bro! Question is, ano bang "dating" ang gusto mo?

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2454 on: July 06, 2010, 10:48:47 PM »

nice collection caloyburger!

Offline mongz_dakila

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2455 on: July 06, 2010, 11:44:58 PM »
@caloyburger
nice tele, gusto ko na ulet magkaroon ng puting tele.
how much yung score mo dyan sir sa squier cv mo?

Saturn/Return

« Reply #2456 on: July 07, 2010, 02:30:42 AM »

Beautiful twang machines Carlo! :-)

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2457 on: July 08, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »
Pimped with Graphtech TUSQ XL nut and black TUSQ XL string trees. It's now freshly strung with Rotosound Pink (9-42) and I adjusted the intonation. I sanded the fretboard with steel wool, then applied lemon oil. It feels much better now.

Toanz is in teh turtlez. :-P :lol:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:31:24 PM by cayle »

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2458 on: July 08, 2010, 05:53:14 PM »
@caloyburger

i almost got that white one too. nice tele :roll:

according to another tele forum, CV's are snapped with oem Tonerider pickups. Strats uses safari and pure vintage set pups while tele uses Hot classics. It was believed that squier cv's & toneriders share the same pups factory.

my very first tele. Squier CV custom  :-D

@cayle

nice upgrade. tele tv rocks \m/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:00:59 PM by Rmansh »
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2459 on: July 08, 2010, 05:58:07 PM »
@Rmansh - salamat bro. Sana hindi ito ang huling tele ko.  :lol:

Nabasa ko nga din yang tungkol sa tonerider at squier CVs. I can't remember kung sa HC or TDPRI.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2460 on: July 08, 2010, 06:05:07 PM »
Pimped with Graphtech TUSQ XL nut and black TUSQ XL string trees. It's now freshly strung with Rotosound Pink (9-42) and I adjusted the intonation. I sanded the fretboard with steel wool, then applied lemon oil. It feels much better now.

nice cayle!  worthy upgrade!  sana sinamahan mo na ng TUSQ saddles!  ultimate sustain!  lulz!  :lol:
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2461 on: July 08, 2010, 06:30:58 PM »
nice cayle!  worthy upgrade!  sana sinamahan mo na ng TUSQ saddles!  ultimate sustain!  lulz!  :lol:

I've got a set of GFS stainless steel saddles on the way.  :-D

Offline mongz_dakila

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2462 on: July 09, 2010, 04:43:42 AM »
ui nice 100 page na ang tele love. keep em coming.

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2463 on: July 09, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
happy 100th page!

let's spread the tele love!!! 8-)
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2464 on: July 09, 2010, 07:05:55 PM »
greets :-D

Offline dark_7

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2465 on: July 09, 2010, 07:26:20 PM »
i want mr. jim root's tele.. :-D astig kasi :evil: 8-)
..every artist was first an amateur..

Offline dirt

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2466 on: July 10, 2010, 01:54:45 AM »
pa sali sa 100th page!

:evil:
YEAH I WANNA PLAY GUITAR EVERYDAY!!

Offline wannabeguitarist

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2467 on: July 10, 2010, 02:06:39 AM »

page 100

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2468 on: July 11, 2010, 12:18:08 AM »
LF: tele parts:

Vintage tuners, vintage bridge plate( ung pang tatlohan na saddles lang), brass saddles, oil capacitors, nice hot rails bridge and neck or nice50's tele pups

Offline caloyburger

« Reply #2469 on: July 11, 2010, 02:04:43 PM »
thanks sa mga comments :-)

Nice Tele's bro! I too am looking to buy my first Fender Telecaster on my birthday sa katapusan.. I hear great things about the Squier CV50's.. where'd you buy yours? I've been looking everywhere.. Pero hindi pako nakakapunta sa Yupangco main showroom.. so far my choice is a MIM Telecaster because, well basically it's everywhere.. so I've tested it already.. pero might change my mind if I test the Squier CV50.. hehehe.. I'll post it here as soon as I got one! hehe

Got the CV sa yupangco last christmas...with all the discounts tapos GC it came out mga 20k.  I was initially looking at the MIM but it felt too similar to the highway 1...same neck profile and finish, almost the same tone.  The CV is different, more vintage, brighter but the neck is thinner than the highway.  With that its a totally different guitar from the MIM.  Quality is excellent, comparable to the best MIM's and MIA's out there.  Squier did a really great job with this line.  Only issues I have is that the hardware tends to tarnish faster that i'd like and it's boat anchor heavy (9.2 lbs) compared to the 7.7 lbs of the highway.  But despite the weight its one of the most resonant guitars i've owned.  Lots of bass and vibration from the body.  Maybe heavy pine is a good thing?   

luvyoulen

« Reply #2470 on: July 11, 2010, 04:14:34 PM »
meron ako am deluxe tele  binili n mel pumunta sya 1 month ago d2 negros hehe...

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2471 on: July 11, 2010, 07:05:54 PM »
meron ako am deluxe tele  binili n mel pumunta sya 1 month ago d2 negros hehe...

pinagsisihan mo ba?

Offline itsallintheblues

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2472 on: July 12, 2010, 12:01:02 AM »
thanks sa mga comments :-)

Got the CV sa yupangco last christmas...with all the discounts tapos GC it came out mga 20k.  I was initially looking at the MIM but it felt too similar to the highway 1...same neck profile and finish, almost the same tone.  The CV is different, more vintage, brighter but the neck is thinner than the highway.  With that its a totally different guitar from the MIM.  Quality is excellent, comparable to the best MIM's and MIA's out there.  Squier did a really great job with this line.  Only issues I have is that the hardware tends to tarnish faster that i'd like and it's boat anchor heavy (9.2 lbs) compared to the 7.7 lbs of the highway.  But despite the weight its one of the most resonant guitars i've owned.  Lots of bass and vibration from the body.  Maybe heavy pine is a good thing?   

What I dislike about pine is it's soft.. well, I once used a pine custom made stratocaster that was lent to me by a good friend of mine from abroad when he came back here.. It was already in "user" condition, lots of dings here and there and relic'ed if that's the correct term..

Once I used it for church, I was directly at the back of the singer.. and then the singer raised both her hands in surrender and suddenly putting it down in a swing like manner, and her left hand hit the guitar body hard.. she was wearing a ring, the ring made an impression on the body.. good thing it was already relic'ed.. kung hindi patay ako sa hiniraman ko.. LOL.

I like fatter necks, kapag thinner and smaller necks ang gamit ko, na-ngangalay ang kamay ko.. I like the MIM tele's necks.. It feels right, though the frets needs some improvement..

a lot of people said that the CV50's has more "twang" than the MIM.. maybe because of the three saddle bridge and the alnico3 pups used.. The MIM's I've tried had more of a modern rock tone, a bit fuller sounding.. I wanted to get a set of Bill Keystones or Fralins pups and try it on my Peavey telecaster copy and see if I like it.. so if I do, those pups will go to the MIM and the MIM pups will go to my Peavey...

Did you change the pups on your Tele's sir?
You don't choose the guitar, it chooses you.

If at any point in time you cannot afford a particular guitar, don't play it. If it chooses you, you have to buy it.  If you simply can't beg, steal, or borrow, you will eventually die of a broken heart..

Offline caloyburger

« Reply #2473 on: July 14, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »
The pickups on the CV are stock and I plan to leave it this way to distinguish it from the hot pickups of highway 1.  The pickups are very good, lots of twang  and its hard to imagine a big improvement if I were to change it.  I hear about pine being soft but I have yet to dent this one. 

The MIM standards are exceptionally good guitars.  I just used one a while ago to try out a blues jr at PP parksquare and I was getting great tones easily.  This particular MIM standard was an easy player, felt very responsive and solid and the action was set up just right. 

IMO, CV = vintage, MIM std = modern.

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2474 on: July 14, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »