hulika

Author Topic: AFTER more THAN 8 YEARS I HAVE FOUND THE TONE!!!!!!!  (Read 3639 times)

Offline balta

• Veteran Member
AFTER more THAN 8 YEARS I HAVE FOUND THE TONE!!!!!!!
« on: April 09, 2006, 03:12:46 AM »
Today I decided that i badly needed money to buy bugoy's tascam midi/usb interface which i badly need! BADLY! hahaha

Even if i didn't want to dispose anything, I had to so I thought what were the least equipment i had that could be sold and would be of little damage/sacrifice to me. It were my other amp since i have 2 marshalls now, the marshall vsr15 valvestate and my Boss ce-3 chorus.

So i posted away in the buy and sell forum checking if what i could get for these two... So i researched on the net the value of these 2 just to check how much i should expect from selling or trading them. Doing so
I got to read on people's reviews about the ce-3 and it was strange to see how many people would say "THIS IS THE PEDAL IS WHAT MAKES MY TONE!!!! IF I COULD ONLY CHOOSE 1 PEDAL THIS WOULD BE IT!!!" something like that...

So i was like "??????" Man I have had this pedal since grade school and its not as special as these people has hyped it up to be. Then i read the secret of damn pedal!!!! --> stereo out!!  And that why people thought the pedal wasn't great because it was being used as mono.

So went down to the studio. Hooked up 2 jacks to make it stereo into both of my amps (here is where the other amp becomes important)

and ......... PUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHHAAAAAAAA yan!!!!

Since elementary pa ako nasa akin na yung saktong mga gamit na to tapos ngayon ko lang na diskubre yung todo KA astigan nya!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
all i needed was there all along!!!! sobrang bili pa ako ng bili ng mga gadget tapos trade pa ako ng trade tapos tapos tapos!! waaaa

anyway , sorry natutuwa lang talaga ako .. at sorry kung mahaba gusto ko lang i share hahaha. So tama pala yung isang guy sa isang review na nagsabi na "I will never ever play in mono again!!! the ce-3 makes my sound big and right THERE!"

man i never knew my sound would become this beautiful! the ce-3 even cleans the slight bad aftertaste of my dd-2 and ps-2 delays. demnnn

so if u have stereo outs from your pedals try to experiment with it . MAAAAAAN di ko alam kung mababadtrip ako kasi after 8 years ngayun ko lang nakita yung ka astigan ng gamit ko or matutuwa hahahhaha

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 03:20:19 AM »
Funny :)  Nice Story tol...
I think the CS3 is much much better than the CH1..whether in stereo or mono... but I found both chorus pedals not "WET" enough, kaya I settled for the wettest chorus i could find...EHX small clone..

pero tama ka, it does make a difference pag naka stereo yung chorus, but problem is di practical in a gig situation to have 2 big amplifiers na naka stereo :)

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 03:25:00 AM »
congrats balters! HEHEHE! :D parinig! :D

Offline balta

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 04:44:33 AM »
i also read that the chorus of ce-3 is subtle so its just for the tone not as a pure effect!

Thats why now I wouldn't want to be in a band with another guitarist in it unless there are 3 guitar amps in a gig!!! hahahhaahahha

yeey!

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 05:06:03 AM »
Quote from: balta
i also read that the chorus of ce-3 is subtle so its just for the tone not as a pure effect!

Thats why now I wouldn't want to be in a band with another guitarist in it unless there are 3 guitar amps in a gig!!! hahahhaahahha

yeey!

HAHAHA! you got that right!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 06:34:08 AM »
hey...my digitech delay and Chorus Ensemble has stereo output...and i have 2 amps...... :idea:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 07:18:39 AM »
congrats...the pn2 and dc2 also needs to be in stereo to fully unlock its potential.  8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 08:08:10 AM »
Quote from: Phil
hey...my digitech delay and Chorus Ensemble has stereo output...and i have 2 amps...... :idea:
it sucks....the 2nd output sounds like crap when I use the delay.....parang may delay pa ang delay...like the settings are in 2 repeats...it would sound like 4 repeats...I give up......it colors the sound a bit and the hummmmmm...yuck...thats why I only use effect in the loop.

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 09:56:05 AM »
Balta's story reminds me when I first played my Big Muff. I was totally dissapointed because I wasn't able to imitate Dimebag and those heavy chugging  sounds I hear back in 90's. I soon realized that it is a two way road. Guitar effects or gadgets should slso be combined with a quality guitar and amplifier to bring out the best in your fingers.

Now, I threw away my MT-2 in favor of the Muff and I'm very satisfied with the fuzziness im getting.  :twisted:
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 11:11:24 AM »
i love the sound i make when its plugged to a chorus pedal, im satisfied at this time , kasi i havent tried other kinds of pedals,, basta may chorus ok ako,

so dude, good for you that youve found the tone that you really like.  :)
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 12:18:17 PM »
Quote from: knightburn
Balta's story reminds me when I first played my Big Muff. I was totally dissapointed because I wasn't able to imitate Dimebag and those heavy chugging  sounds I hear back in 90's. I soon realized that it is a two way road. Guitar effects or gadgets should slso be combined with a quality guitar and amplifier to bring out the best in your fingers.

Now, I threw away my MT-2 in favor of the Muff and I'm very satisfied with the fuzziness im getting.  :twisted:

Man, that pedal is MEAAAANNNN.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 12:18:35 PM »
Another Holy Grail story. Perfect for Easter. :D
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline balta

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006, 01:29:54 PM »
haha yeeheeey! Ow yea phil I also tried the stereo of dd-2 and it sucks ass... its wierd.. in my case one amp has the non-"efffected" guitar sound and in the other the delay only.. panget!!!! haha

subtle chorus into stereo sound (2 amps) is the way!!

Balta's story reminds me when I first played my Big Muff. I was totally dissapointed because I wasn't able to imitate Dimebag and those heavy chugging sounds I hear back in 90's. I soon realized that it is a two way road. Guitar effects or gadgets should slso be combined with a quality guitar and amplifier to bring out the best in your fingers.

same here knightburn! first time i tried the bigmuff i was like "this is [gooey brown stuff]!!" but then i discovered that the gain of the amp was ultra important since the amp i tried it first with didn't have any gain thats why it sounded bad and weak. So yun a dirty (gain up) channel plus Big MUff is CHAMPION!!! haha

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2006, 03:14:40 PM »
sir ilang taon na ba kayo? gaano katagal yun? grabe grade school? hehe. pero mahirap din kasi ng naka stereo set-up. sa gigs mahirap yun kung magdadala ka naman hassle. sa efx loop ba di pa maganda output from there?

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
Re: AFTER more THAN 8 YEARS I HAVE FOUND THE TONE!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 03:32:21 PM »
Quote from: balta
Today I decided that i badly needed money to buy bugoy's tascam midi/usb interface which i badly need! BADLY! hahaha

Even if i didn't want to dispose anything, I had to so I thought what were the least equipment i had that could be sold and would be of little damage/sacrifice to me. It were my other amp since i have 2 marshalls now, the marshall vsr15 valvestate and my Boss ce-3 chorus.

So i posted away in the buy and sell forum checking if what i could get for these two... So i researched on the net the value of these 2 just to check how much i should expect from selling or trading them. Doing so
I got to read on people's reviews about the ce-3 and it was strange to see how many people would say "THIS IS THE PEDAL IS WHAT MAKES MY TONE!!!! IF I COULD ONLY CHOOSE 1 PEDAL THIS WOULD BE IT!!!" something like that...

So i was like "??????" Man I have had this pedal since grade school and its not as special as these people has hyped it up to be. Then i read the secret of damn pedal!!!! --> stereo out!!  And that why people thought the pedal wasn't great because it was being used as mono.

So went down to the studio. Hooked up 2 jacks to make it stereo into both of my amps (here is where the other amp becomes important)

and ......... PUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHHAAAAAAAA yan!!!!

Since elementary pa ako nasa akin na yung saktong mga gamit na to tapos ngayon ko lang na diskubre yung todo KA astigan nya!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
all i needed was there all along!!!! sobrang bili pa ako ng bili ng mga gadget tapos trade pa ako ng trade tapos tapos tapos!! waaaa

anyway , sorry natutuwa lang talaga ako .. at sorry kung mahaba gusto ko lang i share hahaha. So tama pala yung isang guy sa isang review na nagsabi na "I will never ever play in mono again!!! the ce-3 makes my sound big and right THERE!"

man i never knew my sound would become this beautiful! the ce-3 even cleans the slight bad aftertaste of my dd-2 and ps-2 delays. demnnn

so if u have stereo outs from your pedals try to experiment with it . MAAAAAAN di ko alam kung mababadtrip ako kasi after 8 years ngayun ko lang nakita yung ka astigan ng gamit ko or matutuwa hahahhaha

=) thats y im bidding for it! well good for you! meron yun freind ko d2 kaya lang d nya ma explore. pero parang yaw ibenta. 8)
ahhh.. cege pa koya! agoy!

Offline balta

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 04:30:22 PM »
hahaha oi sorry talaga shadowmoon! biglang astig pala eh hehe .

college ako ngayun fingertapper so mga 8 years ago ko nakuha yung pedal. Pero since hand me down sha ng isang guitar god nung dating panahon mga late 80's/early ninties sha nakuha kaya astig nga may dd2 ako haha .
GAling nga ok pa rin di pa rin sira hehe

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 01:31:36 AM »
....heeey you guys are talking about Bugoy's mixer that looks like this?