hulika

Author Topic: Joe Satriani: Strange Beautiful Music  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
Joe Satriani: Strange Beautiful Music
« on: March 21, 2005, 12:38:26 PM »

Released: June 2002
Genre: Rock
Style: Guitar Virtuoso

Tracks:
01. Oriental Melody
02. Belly Dancer
03. Starry Night
04. Chords of Life
05. Mind Storm
06. Sleep Walk
07. New Last Jam
08. Mountain Song
09. What Breaks
10. Seven String
11. Hill Groove
12. The Journey
13. The Traveler
14. You Saved My Life
15. The Eight Steps
16. Slick

I have been listening to a lot of Joe Satriani lately. Admittedly, all of Satch’s albums are amazing. There is something about the Strange Beautiful Music, however, that just makes it more accessible and entertaining. This is the sort of instrumental work to which even a non-guitarist can relate.

The biggest reason for the universal appeal of Strange Beautiful Music is the simplicity behind the melodies and Satrani’s focus on pure emotion. Strange Beautiful Music shows a guitar virtuoso at his musical best. Nothing is overdone, but everything that needs to be expressed is definitely present. The Grammy nominated “Starry Night” is perhaps the foremost underscore of how slow, conscious playing can say so much to so many. Of course, the fast legato lines and tasteful shred licks that have made Satriani so popular among guitarists are still there. Things even get a little heavy in songs like “Mind Storm” and “Seven String,” but the melody always stands out.

The album has a more “produced” sound than previous releases. Layers of guitars and orchestral parts add incredible depth to most songs on Strange Beautiful Music, specifically in “Oriental Melody“ and “Belly Dancer." Honestly, these songs must be crazy live!

When it comes down to it, the bottom line is this. The songs on Strange Beautiful Music are the kind of songs that you will catch yourself humming or whistling. You won’t think about it, but it will happen. I highly recommend this album to all guitar freaks! Keep it up Satch!

Rating: 5/5

Rock on!  :-({|=
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc