hulika

Author Topic: brand new korean made guitar or pier junk?  (Read 2307 times)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
brand new korean made guitar or pier junk?
« on: March 04, 2006, 11:16:13 PM »
i went to raon and pier today looking for a bass and a strat copy for home use.

im very impressed with the korean strat copies i've seen at salonga. priced at 4800, the finish and neck are flawless. im not that much into tone (because im a drummer) so soundwise, it still sounds like a strat. i would have bought it right then and there but i held off since i want to check out pier too.

the guitars at pier suck, a functioning strat copy costs at 5000 and up while junks start at 3500. there was one strat badly mutilated which was repainted in violet by brush and broken tremolo selling for 3500 calling out for a refinish. i wanted to buy it because the hardware was very good, gold plated and the headstock does not have a brand on it. i thought this would make a good project guitar but the guy at the store wouldnt even let me take it home for 1500 even if it was virtually unusable. bawal tawad :(

on a side note for tokai fanatics, there's a red tokai limited edition strat on the same store. needs a little work too and has a missing backplate. the store does not have a name but they have a yamaha ez-g hanging at the front. they also have the most number of guitars on sale.

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
brand new korean made guitar or pier junk?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:40:38 AM »
dude san yang pier? from pasay rtd pano ako punta jan?
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
Re: brand new korean made guitar or pier junk?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 12:44:30 PM »
Quote from: peeves24
on a side note for tokai fanatics, there's a red tokai limited edition strat on the same store. needs a little work too and has a missing backplate. the store does not have a name but they have a yamaha ez-g hanging at the front. they also have the most number of guitars on sale.

How is the Tokai strat selling for?

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: brand new korean made guitar or pier junk?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 06:32:48 PM »
Been a long time since this was asked, and figured it might be worth mentioning:

1. Several enterprising folks have already caught on to the pier act - PC Park Japan, among others - and as such, the good pier surplus stuff is already taken and/or being sold at obscenely jacked up prices by said folks.

2. Manufacturing and QC in Korean and Chinese factories have improved in the last 10 years, I would say.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.