hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 495435 times)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #425 on: July 21, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »
bry?   :?

didn't dig the carved top as much as everyone else seeing as I started out with Fender copies... but the neck, finish, and the pickups are really damn good. neck p/u was smooth and dark, but not too dark. kahit hindi semi-hollow ay pwedeng pwede pang jazz.  :-D I played it through a Mesa Mark IV (I think, not too sure). hehe.

oh my, i'm so sorry sir.. post edited.

that was one gorgeous guitar that you got to try out.. i envy you..

Offline throwinshapes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #426 on: July 21, 2010, 11:13:22 PM »
bird inlays pa lang bro natalo na ako sa gitara.  :-D

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #427 on: July 22, 2010, 12:16:31 AM »
I like these 2!

hoy! ikaw GAS ka na naman! hahhaa! kung ako kukuha ng prs mo magkano mo bibigay sakin kapatid?  :-P
I play guitars for EMBERCORE | LITA'S CURSE | BLUNT CONCEPT

Offline throwinshapes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #428 on: July 24, 2010, 10:29:49 AM »
try it with a relatively treblier neck pickup bro.. Dimarzio D'Activator neck, Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro neck, etc..

yung aftermarket p/u's mo bro ay f-spaced? Nabasa ko na kailangan dapat f-spaced para swak yung pole spacing sa strings.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 10:46:42 AM by throwinshapes »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #429 on: July 24, 2010, 01:01:36 PM »
yung aftermarket p/u's mo bro ay f-spaced? Nabasa ko na kailangan dapat f-spaced para swak yung pole spacing sa strings.

yung stock bridge pickup ay f-spaced bro.. i just got an f-spaced bridge pickup to replace it para consistent ako.. the OC-ness of seeing the pole pieces align perfectly under the strings.. lol..

pero i've seen other PRS guys how slap in regular spaced buckers sa bridge.. very minimal lang yata ang change niya eh, not really noticeable.. kaya ayun.. OC lang talaga ako kaya gusto ko sakto.. minsan ko lang naman papalitan eh so kunin ko na yung tama..  :-)

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #430 on: July 24, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »
my steve's special is not f-spaced.. in the bridge position..
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #431 on: July 28, 2010, 12:05:32 AM »
Just want to update you guys. To all who have an SE with a wraparound tailpiece. I just recently got a brand new Wilkinson wraparound tailpiece from guitarfetish.com.

At first i was kind of hesitant to get one since i have no idea about its measurements, whether it's a replacement for metric bridges or US standard spec'd, but i pulled the trigger anyway. I needed to replace my stock bridge which was already oxidizing and the chrome plating was just being torn apart, literally..

Here's what I've found:
1. They're metric. The studs will fit directly on the bushings.
2. The hardware comes complete with the bridge, studs, bushings, and two allen wrenches.
3. Since the studs fit directly on the bushings, i did not have to use the bushings that came with the Wilkinson bridge.
4. The stock SE studs won't fit on the Wilkinson.
5. The Wilkinson has a wider length and is bigger overall, but the string spacing is just the same as the stock.
6. Both bridges are light, i got the Wilkinson since the G & B strings can be intonated separate from the rest.
7. I think this is the Wilkinson by Sung-il brand.. not the Wilkinson by Gotoh..
8. Radius of stock bridge is 10", radius of this Wilkinson bridge is 12". Am yet to see how the action and playability is affected.

some pics for comparison..

i put some teflon to make the studs tight in the bushing.. so they won't rotate and will be fixed on a certain height when i remove the bridge during restringing..

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:00:24 AM by r_chino18 »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #432 on: July 28, 2010, 12:41:27 AM »
Intonation nalang.. darn.. can't seem to get it right.. why is it always sharp? it sounds fine to me, but the tuner says otherwise.. crap..

i'll call it a night, mabye continue tomorrow.. but i like how the bridge looks.. it looks macho.. lol.. i mean, it makes the guitar look firm and ballsy!

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #433 on: July 28, 2010, 01:47:17 AM »
hoy! ikaw GAS ka na naman! hahhaa! kung ako kukuha ng prs mo magkano mo bibigay sakin kapatid?  :-P

Yup, inatake nanaman nga! Kaya lang parang ang hirap i-let go nitong PRS eh.

Hahaha, I'm still thinking about that.

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #434 on: July 28, 2010, 08:22:51 AM »
Just want to update you guys. To all who have an SE with a wraparound tailpiece. I just recently got a brand new Wilkinson wraparound tailpiece from guitarfetish.com.

At first i was kind of hesitant to get one since i have no idea about its measurements, whether it's a replacement for metric bridges or US standard spec'd, but i pulled the trigger anyway. I needed to replace my stock bridge which was already oxidizing and the chrome plating was just being torn apart, literally..

Here's what I've found:
1. They're metric. The studs will fit directly on the bushings.
2. The hardware comes complete with the bridge, studs, bushings, and two allen wrenches.
3. Since the studs fit directly on the bushings, i did not have to use the bushings that came with the Wilkinson bridge.
4. The stock SE studs won't fit on the Wilkinson.
5. The Wilkinson has a wider length and is bigger overall, but the string spacing is just the same as the stock.
6. Both bridges are light, i got the Wilkinson since the G & B strings can be intonated separate from the rest.
7. I think this is the Wilkinson by Sung-il brand.. not the Wilkinson by Gotoh..
8. Radius of stock bridge is 10", radius of this Wilkinson bridge is 12". Am yet to see how the action and playability is affected.

some pics for comparison..

i put some teflon to make the studs tight in the bushing.. so they won't rotate and will be fixed on a certain height when i remove the bridge during restringing..

Whoa! Aint that cool!
Nice review sir chino!

Magkano quote ni bossing boss jan? Parang gusto ko na din umorder ah...
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #435 on: July 28, 2010, 11:56:02 AM »
Whoa! Aint that cool!
Nice review sir chino!

Magkano quote ni bossing boss jan? Parang gusto ko na din umorder ah...

didn't get it thru him bro.. tapos na kasi yung shipping niya and i didn't want to wait.. pinasabay ko kay grasyaps nung umorder siya sa guitarfetish..  :-)
this costs more or less 2k siguro kay bossingboss.. pero i'm not sure ha, hindi ako nagpaquote directly sa kanya..

anyway.. done with the intonation and action adjustment.. tweaked my truss rod a bit.. i'm all set! guitar plays fine.. i dunno if i'm deaf or i just didn't notice a change in tone of some sort, or i just didn't bother if it changed.. my purpose for replacing the stock bridge was because it was already falling apart..

good replacement bridge.. i like it.. i hope it lasts longer than the stock one, or else i'm really going for tonepros!  :lol:

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #436 on: July 28, 2010, 08:01:30 PM »
didn't get it thru him bro.. tapos na kasi yung shipping niya and i didn't want to wait.. pinasabay ko kay grasyaps nung umorder siya sa guitarfetish..  :-)
this costs more or less 2k siguro kay bossingboss.. pero i'm not sure ha, hindi ako nagpaquote directly sa kanya..

anyway.. done with the intonation and action adjustment.. tweaked my truss rod a bit.. i'm all set! guitar plays fine.. i dunno if i'm deaf or i just didn't notice a change in tone of some sort, or i just didn't bother if it changed.. my purpose for replacing the stock bridge was because it was already falling apart..

good replacement bridge.. i like it.. i hope it lasts longer than the stock one, or else i'm really going for tonepros!  :lol:

:lol:  Tonepros? Oks na yan...akala ko kay bossing eh...you mean no noticeable change sa tone? Grasyaps, that guy, siya ung nakascore ng murang prs diba?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #437 on: July 28, 2010, 08:05:13 PM »
:lol:  Tonepros? Oks na yan...akala ko kay bossing eh...you mean no noticeable change sa tone? Grasyaps, that guy, siya ung nakascore ng murang prs diba?

or maybe something better than tonepros!  :evil:

hmm.. i dunno, pareho lang sila nung stock bridge ng weight (halos).. they're also made of aluminum as far as i know.. so tingin ko halos pareho lang.. mas marami lang chrome coating itong wilkinson ayon sa mga nabasa ko.. hmm.. yep, that's him..  :-)

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #438 on: July 28, 2010, 10:14:24 PM »
mahirap naman talaga madinig ang change in tone pag yang bridge ang pinalitan, tapos almost same pa ng material.. unless ang tenga mo ay parang animal, na napaka talas..
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #439 on: July 28, 2010, 11:32:22 PM »
Excellent review on the wilkinson bridge chino!  :-)  That's useful information on fit for the folks contemplating a swap.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #440 on: July 29, 2010, 07:14:18 AM »
mahirap naman talaga madinig ang change in tone pag yang bridge ang pinalitan, tapos almost same pa ng material.. unless ang tenga mo ay parang animal, na napaka talas..

hahahaha.. true.. siguro if if were stainless steel or any other heavier and more massive bridge, baka mas maramdaman ko pa yung difference..  :-)

Excellent review on the wilkinson bridge chino!  :-)  That's useful information on fit for the folks contemplating a swap.

Thanks siore! also posted this sa PRSF..  :lol:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #441 on: July 30, 2010, 06:17:45 PM »
Am selling the Wilkinson bridge. lol.. if any of you wraparound guys want it, drop me a message..  :-)

why? i'm gonna get a bridge where every string is intonatable.. lol.. change of heart..

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #442 on: July 30, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »
i want a PRS SE Tremonti. Sabi nung JB may stock daw nasa Davao. Kaya lang babayaran ko yung shipping magiging 34k sya, waaaa! Kulang ang pera ko. :cry:

Offline oiyTrEmOnTi

« Reply #443 on: July 30, 2010, 06:57:59 PM »
i want a PRS SE Tremonti. Sabi nung JB may stock daw nasa Davao. Kaya lang babayaran ko yung shipping magiging 34k sya, waaaa! Kulang ang pera ko. :cry:

me too..:D same problem..hahaha

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #444 on: July 30, 2010, 08:15:29 PM »
Am selling the Wilkinson bridge. lol.. if any of you wraparound guys want it, drop me a message..  :-)

why? i'm gonna get a bridge where every string is intonatable.. lol.. change of heart..

:lol: nyahaha!. Ganun lang kabilis. Sayang to. Guys bilhin nyo na. Kung wla lang akong gas na pinagiipunan kukunin ko to!

Offline throwinshapes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #445 on: July 31, 2010, 08:25:49 AM »

tonepros na yan! haha!

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #446 on: July 31, 2010, 09:10:48 AM »
:lol: nyahaha!. Ganun lang kabilis. Sayang to. Guys bilhin nyo na. Kung wla lang akong gas na pinagiipunan kukunin ko to!

Go for it.. lol..  :lol:

tonepros na yan! haha!

Sssshhhh.....

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #447 on: July 31, 2010, 07:10:37 PM »
PRS SE Standard tone test, clean and dirty.. more to come!  :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAcWRbkUS4

Offline paulo0027

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #448 on: July 31, 2010, 10:10:04 PM »
Hindi ako makabili ng PRS kulang pa sa talent.

nice demo chino.
akala mo
MARIA CLARA yun pala MARIA OZAWA

Offline mrslow96

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #449 on: July 31, 2010, 10:11:11 PM »