hulika

Author Topic: V-Picks Users Thread  (Read 17354 times)

Offline huangalden

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: V-Picks Users Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2010, 03:41:04 PM »
helo guys got 4 different picks from Boosted thru LBC to Cebu, been using all kinds of traditional picks and lately the Jazz III red small 1.38mm and liking it.

1. small pointed lite 1.5mm  x 1pc.
2. medium pointed lite 1.5mm x 1pc.
3. large pointed ultra lite 0.8mm x 1pc.
additional item:
4. medium pointed 2.75mm x 1pc.

the large pointed 0.8 is for my seagull cutaway acoustic using guage 0.011inch Elxir and the tone is brighter compared when using my Tortex or Alice picks
Oh my, the 2.75mm v pick produces big sound with minimal force andmy forearm pain disappeared, but i'm more comfortable with the 1.5mm since i just came from the 1.38mm Jazz.
I'm still in between choosing the small or the medium 1.5's since both are nice, once i got hold of the v pick, its just like, it become part of my hand, it will not slip even when our skin becomes oily, i can play and practice scales happily, when i get back to try the Jazz picks , its seems like a foreign object, yes one of our brothers said the v pick glides and the power chords becomes clearer and distinct. Wow i'm glad i got this v picks after 3 yrs of learning and playing guitar, thanks Chris and forumites for the posts. Its still one day use of the V picks and i'm not concern anymore if the pick angle and position is aligned or not.
Very minimal grip force and nice different tone.
I like also the 2.75mm medium but i'm just amazed and in awe of the thickness and loudness, sometimes i'm afraid i can hit 2 strings at same time or the pick might not get through in between strings. :)

thanks
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 10:34:26 PM by huangalden »

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2010, 05:51:04 PM »
thanks for the review alden! got your pick a day after you ordered right? :) thanks again! enjoy your vpick! :D

Offline juan sinko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »
I tried a 2.75mm V-Pick this afternoon. Yes, Mico is right; it's somehow less strenuous for the right hand as compared to other picks. The pick just glides, yet produces a fat tone.

I also find it easier to do that "simulated wah-wah effect" with it.  :-D

V-Picks: Dax tested... Chuck Norris approved   :lol: :lol: :lol:

bili ka na dax hehehe
JUAN SINKO UPPERS CLUB<br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako <br />Upping is not a crime

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2010, 10:07:37 PM »
thanks for the review alden! got your pick a day after you ordered right? :) thanks again! enjoy your vpick! :D

dude, i think i should try the 1.5mm small pointed. might be the one for me as im used to the jazz 3 thickness and i have small hands. hmmm... text kita. :)

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »
It's been a month since I switched to V-picks. All i could say, these picks will last you but it depends on how you play them. My screamer pick, i think i massacred it lol!!!. The screamer has 3 pointy sides. So it doesn't really matter where your pick lands on the strings, good thing they are equal. So during gigs are practice just grab it and pick away.

In one month this is what my v-pick looks like. I've included a photo of a new v-pick beside the worn one.

On the left is my beat up v-pick with all the side rounded off by wear and tear. And yes it looks smaller now as compared to the new unused v-pick on the right.

Pic of the new v-pick screamer: Shiny, pointy and smooth.

Pic of the beat up v-pick screamer: Dull, rounded and smaller (Refer to first pic for difference)

Pic of the uber beveled edge of the used v-pick:

I only discovered the damage done only today looking for the other screamer picks, and I was shocked to see the damage done. 7 string guitars will really devour the v-picks specially those tremolo picking on the low register.  But on regular 6 strings, they will fairly last longer. But for the record, i'm still happy with what i hear. For the chirpy issues, when you're v-pick is massacred so does the chirpyness...it goes buh-bye. =)

Looks like you have a new model:

V-Pick Screamer Rounded!  :-D

I've kinda semi-massacred my large rounded. It's mitigated some of the chirp but i get a swoosh coz of the serrated edge.

Do the notes sound slightly fatter now that you're hitting the strings with more surface?
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2010, 05:58:37 PM »
I have medium pointed 2.75  :-D

I compared it with my Jazz III XL and Fernando 1.25 which I usually use.. Iba talaga tunog nito, mas may kagat yung tone compare sa Jazz III and my fernando pick... Wag lang mawawala sa pocket ko to...  :-D

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »
I have medium pointed 2.75  :-D

I compared it with my Jazz III XL and Fernando 1.25 which I usually use.. Iba talaga tunog nito, mas may kagat yung tone compare sa Jazz III and my fernando pick... Wag lang mawawala sa pocket ko to...  :-D

may hiyaw ba? yung umiikot-ikot na umaano-ano sa tenga mo?  :lol:
Yes, I'm no longer affiliated with TMS

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2010, 01:08:08 PM »
meron bro hehe :D

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2010, 01:12:47 PM »
haven't been able to try out my v-picks.  so many things happened in a span of 4 days.  i'll be able to finally try it out tomorrow, and i'll post a review.  :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »
meron bro hehe :D

haha! actually, as I aforementioned, madaling gawin yung "simulated wah effect" with a V-Pick Screamer..  :-) ayus na ayus!
Yes, I'm no longer affiliated with TMS

Offline ytse_neil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2010, 01:59:56 PM »
may hiyaw ba? yung umiikot-ikot na umaano-ano sa tenga mo?  :lol:
:-D meron boss dax.. hehehe.. sumusundot sundot pa..  :lol:

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2010, 02:04:14 PM »
v-picks used:  screamer for electric and large ultra-lite pointed.

acoustic - the ultra-lite pointed v-pick turned out to be brighter than the one i use, dunlop nylon thin.  this is highly recommended for dark sounding guitars to bring out the clarity in the notes.  but for bright guitars, it will be a bit too bright for my taste.

electric - i just loved the screamer.  i can pick more solidly in solos and i can do more expressive strumming because of the grip.  i can hold it lightly and it will not slip from my fingers. 

overall - worthy upgrade.  i think i will be using these for a long time (assuming they don't go to pick heaven prematurely.  LOL).

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2010, 02:17:44 PM »
Buti pa kayo nasisiyahan kayo hehe. I find it hard to "jive" with my v picks. got 3 of em, small pointed, medium pointed, and medium rounded, tone wise = big different, pero yun feel, iba pa rin yun confidence ko sa EJ Jazz III - mas feel ko mas secure sya e. dumudulas sakin un v picks. darn sweaty hands...  :-(
zzzzzzz

Offline noobie-doobie

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
Very interested in the "Stilleto" and "Switchblade" variant, any chance na magkaroon si sir Boosted ng stock nito?  :-D thx

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »
Very interested in the "Stilleto" and "Switchblade" variant, any chance na magkaroon si sir Boosted ng stock nito?  :-D thx

may thread siya sa classifieds bro.  refer ka dun for his incoming stocks.  :-D

Offline noobie-doobie

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2010, 01:05:49 PM »
may thread siya sa classifieds bro.  refer ka dun for his incoming stocks.  :-D
Thx  :-D

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2010, 11:42:26 AM »
GUYS!!! Check out the switchblade and stiletto v-picks... i only have 4 of each model right now(5 dapat kumuha ako tig isa for myself :)) ) .. will get more if magustuhan ninyo :)

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »
gusto ko itry yung stiletto at yung screamers

umm naka jazz III XL ako ngayon anu marerecomend nyo na v-pick :-D
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline Symbolic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2011, 07:46:26 AM »
me want teh Switchblade V-picks!