hulika

Author Topic: FILM MAKING / VIDEO EDITING *merged*  (Read 17550 times)

Offline SuperWeak!

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: FILM MAKING / VIDEO EDITING *merged*
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 09:31:08 PM »
kung gusto mo malaman ang in's and out's sa pagawa ng pelikula, kailangan mo ng imagination, diskarte at lakas ng loob. ako for technical stuff kinaibigan ko talaga yung mga gaffer, cameraman miski mga crew. sila kasi yung muscle behind the minds of the director, DOP etc. mas madami din akong projects na nakukuha dahil sabit ako kada may project sila na kailangan ako, not to mention nakukuha ko din yung services nila kapag may mga project din ako. be proactive and make an effort to learn each and every time. :wink:

yun nga rin ang pinag aaralan ko yung pagiging maboka whahaha para nga pag me project sila pwede ako sumabit salamat sa sa tip ser ;D  kayo baka me raket kayo ngayon whahaha joke :-D

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »
im the defualt video maker and editor for my band ... i dont want to do it, but sometimes you have no choice, hehehe

Offline blackTorotot

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 10:11:59 PM »
mga sirs at mam pano ba gawin yung ganitong klaseng editing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq0Z30rlAyI&ob=av3n

P4 1.8Ghz na 512mb (ram) lang kasi gamit ko sa bahay hehe...

tama si sir junkfazz, di uubra yung specs mo. Pero kung gusto mo talaga eh liitan mo yung composition size pero siguradong maglalamay ka parin sa pagre-render.

Offline chiqgarcia

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 06:33:05 PM »
mga sirs at mam pano ba gawin yung ganitong klaseng editing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq0Z30rlAyI&ob=av3n

P4 1.8Ghz na 512mb (ram) lang kasi gamit ko sa bahay hehe...

*apir* pareho lang tayo ng specs. at least you got your head straight - you choose your software according to your hardware. ulead mediastudio pro 8 ma-re-recommenda ko (or adobe 6) --- basta lumang software din. oo mahina yung specs pero people have been editing video since the pentium III with good results - basta dont let your creativity be limited by your hardware/software, don't readily give in to consumerism (unless you're filthy rich or you have the means). picture-in-picture kind of effect hanap mo... pagpawisan mo ng konti, try out the effects of your nle - hanapin mo, do your homework. good luck!

parang ganitong effect hanap mo diba...

other tips... download ka ffdshow chaka huffyuv na codec --- so far pinakamabilis na codec sa pag-render na nasubukan ko.
kung youtube video, dont go over 2200 kbps total bitrate, ideal compromise between quality and download speed ito (for me).
Postcoital bliss is not a government housing project in Quezon City.
VidProkEnMasse ~ video processing software
http://vidprokenmasse.blogspot.com/2014/07/vidprokenmasse.html

Offline chiqgarcia

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 05:46:24 PM »
DSLR. We use Canon 60d's, 7d's or a 5d. Although we like using the 60d more than the 5d. Check that one out, its pretty cheap. That, or a 600d or a 550d.

I like using the DSLRs more than a video camera nowadays. They're compact and you get to play wih the lenses. if we're using a video cam, we use the Panasonic HVX200 (P2) or the Sony EX3.

split screen?

put the video clips on top of each other on the timeline, resize and move them.

bro salamat sa tip (camera). thank you thank you!  :-)

Offline weedurpart2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 03:21:36 AM »
whahaha salamat sir di ko pa naman na try mag timpla ng kape pero incase me pam bwelata na ako :-D lakasan rin ksai ng loob eh noh hirap kasi i-approach ng director saka sa DOP naman patingin tingin lang ako sa camera whahaha pero nagtatanong din minsan nakakatawa nga eh tinatanong ko kung "magkano,gaano kalaki,pano dinadala" yung malaking camera nung sa star cinema di ko lang tinanong yung mga importanteng tanong whaha.   :-D

its okay to start as a PA, but i wouldn't really recommend going in, and telling everybody you want, and you're willing to be a P.A. --- because thats what you're going to get stuck with.

know exactly what you want to be going in. if you want to be a cinematographer, ask to be a grip or gaffer or a camera assistant. if you want to be a producer, go to the UPM's. if you want to be a Production Designer, get a job in the art dept.

if you want to be a director or a screenwriter... you will not learn it as a runner. i have never seen a PA spend time with a director to learn, because good directors don't have time to tutor PA's on a set.

i've honestly never started as a PA. never became one. with my first job, i applied as a writer -- because thats what i wanted to be and start out as. i was new and inexperienced, and my boss threw me in with the UPMs and producers and the writers, and i got a first hand experience at meetings where they would dissect scripts... thats where i learned how to write with money and time and practicality in mind. thats also where i learned to become a producer.

never sell yourself short, especially if you know you're very good at something. mayabang na kung mayabang, pakapalan na ng mukha... di uso ang pa-humble effect.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:23:58 AM by weedurpart2 »

Offline SuperWeak!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 10:18:16 AM »

its okay to start as a PA, but i wouldn't really recommend going in, and telling everybody you want, and you're willing to be a P.A. --- because thats what you're going to get stuck with.

know exactly what you want to be going in. if you want to be a cinematographer, ask to be a grip or gaffer or a camera assistant. if you want to be a producer, go to the UPM's. if you want to be a Production Designer, get a job in the art dept.

if you want to be a director or a screenwriter... you will not learn it as a runner. i have never seen a PA spend time with a director to learn, because good directors don't have time to tutor PA's on a set.

i've honestly never started as a PA. never became one. with my first job, i applied as a writer -- because thats what i wanted to be and start out as. i was new and inexperienced, and my boss threw me in with the UPMs and producers and the writers, and i got a first hand experience at meetings where they would dissect scripts... thats where i learned how to write with money and time and practicality in mind. thats also where i learned to become a producer.

never sell yourself short, especially if you know you're very good at something. mayabang na kung mayabang, pakapalan na ng mukha... di uso ang pa-humble effect.

whaha salamat sa tip ser kakapalan ko na mukha ko ngayon  :-D

Offline wannabeguitarist

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 11:10:35 AM »

split screen?

put the video clips on top of each other on the timeline, resize and move them.

pwede ba yan sir sa imovie? iMovie palang kasi ang nagagamit kond video software...

Offline rockizta123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 12:12:34 AM »
check out our cinemapua entry (2009 or 2010? I don't really remember. :lol:)

just used my sony t70 (non wide-screen shots) and two other digicams, meron ding isang ginamit na cam jan na ginamit ko lang, basta check nyo, edited it sa adobe premiere pro cs3 :D

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 01:12:22 AM »
check out our cinemapua entry (2009 or 2010? I don't really remember. :lol:)

just used my sony t70 (non wide-screen shots) and two other digicams, meron ding isang ginamit na cam jan na ginamit ko lang, basta check nyo, edited it sa adobe premiere pro cs3 :D

nakakaaliw yung asawa ni ramon haha,
ss10 kay sir agapito?
Quote from: Philmusic.com
News:
oh yeah, our search engine is powered by Chuck Norris as well

Offline SuperWeak!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 01:26:27 AM »
^ cute yung asawa ni ramon ah  :-D

best movie galing sa archives ng mowelfund  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline rockizta123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 01:28:50 PM »
nakakaaliw yung asawa ni ramon haha,
ss10 kay sir agapito?

humanities class yan, di ko na maalala kung anong subject, kay mam cortez, makati campus kami eh :D

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 12:56:12 AM »
humanities class yan, di ko na maalala kung anong subject, kay mam cortez, makati campus kami eh :D

ah haha,
Quote from: Philmusic.com
News:
oh yeah, our search engine is powered by Chuck Norris as well

Offline dariusbabylon

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 01:20:13 PM »
very amateur attempt, all footage filming done on the Samsung Galaxy Tab

Offline demonov

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 09:46:59 AM »
Sinong may free time ngayon to do a short film?
I am a hobbyist filmmaker, looking for a  production mate(s).
Contest to actually, eh katakamtakam na P100,000 ang premyo.
Sino gusto?  :-D

Offline weedurpart2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 06:17:56 PM »

what contest? details.

Offline IamChainess

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 03:55:44 PM »

taga san ka sir?

Offline demonov

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 08:58:21 PM »
Para sa Asian Development Bank yung contest sir..
Search mo adb.org/myview

taga pasig po ako mam..

Offline sem

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 12:46:29 AM »
Search mo adb.org/myview

taga pasig po ako mam..

Goodluck guys! sana makabuo nga kayo, gusto ko sanang sumali and sobrang interested din ako sa filmaking. wala nga lang akong stuff for them.

Offline mister_woods

• Netizen Level
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »
A Shameless Post:  :-D

This was my first short film at entry ko sa aming film fest last month sa school, actually project lang namin to sa isang minor subject, ako yung nagdirect nagshoot at nag edit nung film hehe  :-D here it is:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:25:14 PM by mister_woods »

Offline kaishin_zurcs

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 09:50:16 AM »
AKo? Aspiring.

Started in Making SDE's and prenups. :D using cs5 for editing. no budget to buy MAC yet :D

Medjo mahal ang hoby natin noh? GAS for musical instruments tpos and gears din for photograhpy/videography doesnt come cheap as well :D
My Faith Blog: Behind this Piercings and all :  http://jeremysauzacruz.blogspot.com/

my Photo Blog: http://thelowlycameraman.blogspot.com/

Offline kaishin_zurcs

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 09:56:28 AM »
*apir* pareho lang tayo ng specs. at least you got your head straight - you choose your software according to your hardware. ulead mediastudio pro 8 ma-re-recommenda ko (or adobe 6) --- basta lumang software din. oo mahina yung specs pero people have been editing video since the pentium III with good results - basta dont let your creativity be limited by your hardware/software, don't readily give in to consumerism (unless you're filthy rich or you have the means). picture-in-picture kind of effect hanap mo... pagpawisan mo ng konti, try out the effects of your nle - hanapin mo, do your homework. good luck!

parang ganitong effect hanap mo diba...

other tips... download ka ffdshow chaka huffyuv na codec --- so far pinakamabilis na codec sa pag-render na nasubukan ko.
kung youtube video, dont go over 2200 kbps total bitrate, ideal compromise between quality and download speed ito (for me).

I agree. if you have an old computer use an old software. and ana alam ko old softwares for P4 will have a hard time processing 31fps vids galing sa SLR cams. yung akin inedit ko yung isang vid ko galing slr ng 31fps sa P4 using ulead. Nag cracrash xa madalas. Good thing after a month God blessed me with a laptop that would also supprot mercury tech :)

I agree with the secopnd point that let not technology hinder your creativity. of course there are limitations on what you can do with an old gear but remember that these are only tools to enhance your craft and its not the sole basis of your art :)

My Faith Blog: Behind this Piercings and all :  http://jeremysauzacruz.blogspot.com/

my Photo Blog: http://thelowlycameraman.blogspot.com/

Offline bananagrahamskyflakes

• Veteran Member
Re: filmmaking.
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 11:07:50 AM »
is there a local online forum for indie filmmakers din?

Hi lovecore,

there's http://pinoyvideomaker.com/forum/

Sa mga tutorials, I like http://vimeo.com/videoschool.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:09:45 AM by bananagrahamskyflakes »

Offline bounceandjudith

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »
Search mo adb.org/myview

taga pasig po ako mam..

Sali ako taga Karangalan lang ako  Pasig

Offline chiqgarcia

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2012, 06:08:36 AM »
eto, presh na presh, bunga ng frustration at kabatuhan... isn't it annoying that windows explorer (xp) doesn't display the dimensions/duration of mp4 or mkv files?

eto PERSONAL solution ko...

GetVideoInfo.zip
http://sharesend.com/j3y3x

description: searches for videos (*.avi, *.mp4, *.m4v, *.mkv, *.mov) in the current folder & subfolders, extracts information (Folder, Video File Name, WIDTHxHEIGHT, duration in milliseconds), and creates a text file containing all extracted information.

oo corny lang ito and minimal yung info, pero when i'm converting over 200 files with ffmpeg in one go, this proves to be an indispensable tool.

pag ginanahan ako, share ko yung microsoft excel/ffmpeg video converter combo ko (naks!).

Due credit to MediaInfo - http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net

atin atin lang ito ah.  :-D