hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 494913 times)

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #2150 on: November 21, 2012, 04:37:24 PM »
Kamusta yung neck bro? Can you get it to go dead straight?

IMO, it's quite straight.  Haven't received any comments otherwise from friends and guitar techs like Mike and Arie throughout the years.  Am now wanting to buy a long straight edge and level to check just how straight it really is.   :-(

Offline eds1122

« Reply #2151 on: November 21, 2012, 04:51:55 PM »
Iam planning to buy a PRS custom 24 to join this club. :-D

Still canvassing though with my limited budget (bka may spare kyo dyan just pm me) :wave:.

hearing the trustrod problem in se guitar is becoming a little concern for me. :eek:
I'm a simple Christian guy who loves to sing and make music. A guy who's appreciative with beautiful and amazing things. A guy who has the heart to learn more about the matter of life..

Offline billx

« Reply #2152 on: November 21, 2012, 10:26:57 PM »
nag sign up din nga ako mga ser sa thegearpage.net parang philmusic din,yun nga sabi nila ok lng daw mag 12s drop b pero ibukas daw dpt yun nut sa neck at higpitan yan rod.pero bka mag 11s nlng ako in rdop c para just to be safe lng ,ehehheeh

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2153 on: November 21, 2012, 10:33:57 PM »
IMO, it's quite straight.  Haven't received any comments otherwise from friends and guitar techs like Mike and Arie throughout the years.  Am now wanting to buy a long straight edge and level to check just how straight it really is.   :-(

One time kasi may nawento rin sa akin si Mike regarding a PRS na ganun ang neck pag mataas ang gauge ng string..

Yung sakin hindi dead straight, may konting underbow.. pero hindi mukhang stable naman, naka 10s lang naman ako bro.. Pero hindi ako comfy sa truss rod ko, pag hinihigpitan ko pa, parang hindi na tumutuwid pa yung neck..  :-(

Pero mabuti na lang at maayos yung pagkaka set niya ngayon kahit may konting relief..

Iam planning to buy a PRS custom 24 to join this club. :-D
Still canvassing though with my limited budget (bka may spare kyo dyan just pm me) :wave:.
hearing the trustrod problem in se guitar is becoming a little concern for me. :eek:

Ok lang yan bro.. wag ka masyado mabahala, hindi yan masyadong hindrance.. kung sakali man na bumigay yung truss rod, papalitan mo na lang.. baka mas matibay pa yung maikabit na bago..  :-)

nag sign up din nga ako mga ser sa thegearpage.net parang philmusic din,yun nga sabi nila ok lng daw mag 12s drop b pero ibukas daw dpt yun nut sa neck at higpitan yan rod.pero bka mag 11s nlng ako in rdop c para just to be safe lng ,ehehheeh

Ay oo bro.. yung nut kasi ng SE naka slot pang 9s.. so definitely kung gagamit ka ng mataas na gauge, kailangan pa iwiden konti yung sides ng nut slot.. better yet, palitan nalang ng mas magandang nut..  :-)

Offline billx

« Reply #2154 on: November 21, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »
Mga berks email skin nng PRS customer support nila nag tanong kasi ako

Hi Billy,

Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. The SE Tremonti model should be able to accommodate a 12 gauge string setup. If you decide to make the change from the factory installed string gauges, please be sure to remember that the guitar may need to be set-up to accommodate this change. This may include checking the action, intonation, neck relief, pickup height, and nut slots of the instrument.

I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your continued support of PRS Guitars.

Matt King
Paul Reed Smith Guitars
Customer Service
380 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666
410-643-9970

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
NGD
« Reply #2155 on: January 09, 2013, 01:46:00 AM »
I have been searching for a Singlecut for a last hurray of 2012, but a lot of US sellers (tgp, prsforum, craigslist and ebay) are hesitant to ship outside of CONUS. Until I found this guy who seemed sure to ship the guitar internationally.

Negotiations thru emails have been made since November 27. Everything went on smoothly, my cash on hand is ready to be wired to his account and I am awaiting for him to return home from Thanksgiving. But then he disappeared and never replied to my queries. Just when I was ready to buy a Singlecut from Ebay, that he contacted me for the sale.

Then again, we went thru emails. but the series of unfortunate events keep on coming. When I need to do the paying part, and he sent me the invoice, I cannot seem to get pass paypal. Having a verified paypal account doesnt mean you dont have a max amount of funds to disperse thru your card. So I have to call the bank and authorize the transaction. To cut the story shorter, after 1 month, to be exact, the guitar was shipped thru USPS on December 27.

I curse the USPS tracking, as what others also experience. Due to the fact that the tracking is not real time,there are lots of horror stories being brought about by unhappy customers. Paranoia sets in, as the holidays would also mean a big traffic at the sorting facilities. Since New Year, the tracking never seem to budge a bit. But on the 4th I had the news that, after 9 days, it reached our shores. The string of unlucky events continue as I received an email that the package has been detained by customs for unknown reason.  Then I remember that the seller claimed it as a gift and declared a 400USD value. Now I am in deep [gooey brown stuff]

So I brave dare to storm customs w/ a Photoshopped invoice matching the declared value. Fortunately for me, nobody else but a lady officer to take my request. Without any further inquiries, she released the guitar and I paid a cheapo tax. (almost 1/4 of the total tax if I have given her the correct invoice). With a few moolah left, I have no choice but to take a cab home. 31lbs of a box load of gtr is not fun to hurl in the MRT or bus.

It took a while, but the delayed gratification is all that matters now. :-D

Here it is, I haven't gotten a good photo yet, but this came fr the seller:

2009 PRS TREMONTI II
-One Piece Figured  Maple top
-Shadow birds or New Birds or whatever they call it, silhouette birds
-Wide Thin Neck
-22 frets
-PRS tremolo
-came w/ free Jim Dunlop straplocks and 3packs of Daddario 11s
-OHSC, papers and case candies
-Vintage Natural Finish

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:50:04 AM by faceless »
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2156 on: January 09, 2013, 08:35:31 AM »
^^
Congratulations!  Looks amazing!  What a way to start 2013!   :drool:

If you don't mind - did it pass of as a gift and if so, how much tax was paid?  Also, nly if you know, how much tax is really levied on guitars entering our shores?

Thanks!

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2157 on: January 09, 2013, 09:45:44 AM »
Congratulations Faceless on that PRS :)

The top alone is worthy of all that trouble :)

I have been constantly telling myself not to ever, ever, send a package thru during the Holiday season as it has given me countless headaches, anxiety attacks, and crazy delusions on whether the item made it safely to our shores (as you have said, tracking is so much finicky during these times). The huge volumes of boxes that customs and postal services and parcel delivery companies have to go thru at this period is apt to make them careless at some point. And I have nightmares where I open the hard case and I see a cracked neck or a defaced finish, or worse, an empty casket (internationally scammed  :cry:)...

Guess what? I still repeated the same sin this 2012  :-D

So far USPS, JAC, FEDEX have all come thru for me these past years.

After all that effort, it's just not the monetary value alone that counts. It's the trials and hardships of getting the guitar which makes the whole experience even more worthwhile :)
FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2158 on: January 09, 2013, 10:49:38 AM »
Faceless,

Congrats on the PRS! You seem to be partial with "natural finished" flamed topped PRS guitars. Haha! NGD kayo pareho ni Jents ah.  :-D

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2159 on: January 10, 2013, 07:38:30 PM »

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

@curiosdcat
I am actually based in SG now. The seller shipped it here. The policies with customs all over the world are similar, if not, relatively the same, but processing here is pretty much upfront. Unlike sa Pinas, where bribery and red tape is always associated w/ the BOC. Here in SG, it's always 7% off the Invoice+shipping+insurance for items 400USD and above.

So if it has been with held by customs, then it's one or many things, either the seller did not include the invoice together w/ the shipping label for 400USD ++ or your item falls within the prescribed dutiable goods. Mine falls on the former, as I only need to produce the paypal invoice. They even asked me to choose which conversion rate they'll be basing the tax from. Either the paypal rate or their own. I chose the latter as it is cheaper by a hundred peso (3SGD). So even if its declared as a gift, as long as the declared value is 400USD and above, then its taxable. Unless if the seller included the invoice, then the post will deliver it on your doorsteps and you need to pay the tax.

I have my own share of international shipping and customs in Pinas back in 07-08. My first take was a direct address at my place in QC. So normally the post sends a notice and the item will be picked up in Paranaque (BOC office). It was quite a drag as the officials there have eyeballs of a peso sign. The customs official gave me a breakdown of the tax charges in a gibberish form, on a scratch paper charging me 8K to bring home the item. It was a guitar shipped from China worth 10K. So be ready with your negotiation skills, and try to look pitiful. I haggled for 1.5k instead. Sabi nga nila, mag tsinelas ka daw and pambahay na damit so they'd know you don't have the moolah :wave: :-D.

Anyhow, I devised a method. I found out that I can have the item shipped to provincial posts and have the item shipped to me thru LBC. If you have a friend, say in Cebu or Davao, then the posts there doesn't care of taxes. I got a friend in Tacloban who did this task for me, and the LBC cost was like 1K plus 30php for the post charges. I dunno if this can still work, but I had 3 guitars sent to me w/o  breaking a sweat. Also try the pseudo US address method. Manila Forwarders is highly recommended by some friends.

@maruzen

Tell me about it, man! Kahit saan lugar if its the Holidays, it would really yield a gruesome wait.

And those nightmares are true to some, fortunately for me and you, it never happened. Keep our fingers crossed! I guess getting the services of the private companies is a better option than the local post. Tracking is way better, but still, terrible things can happen. Be it human error or force majeure.

@Chino

I read an article before that the trans finishes especially amber, natural, light colored ones and the like do exhibit great tops. They choose the better looking flames for these. I find it  funny now that the Tremonti looks like a lovechild of the CU22 and the LP.
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2160 on: January 17, 2013, 09:00:09 AM »

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2161 on: January 17, 2013, 10:48:57 PM »
@ faceless

Thanks for the tip, man!   :razz:

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2162 on: January 18, 2013, 12:16:07 AM »
@curiosdcat

No problem, man.

@chino

The Tremonti SE Custom used to be a limited ed in UK (with a 200 pcs purple burst).

But they made it available already as part of their product catalogue (black cherry and gray black finish only). I read that a lot of PRS users in the states are complaining why UK gets the best limited ed, while the rest of the world are not (the quilted SE245 w/ yummy colors)

PRS said, these are special orders placed by Dealers, if demand is high, and marketability and profitability will come to play, then they can make these limited ed guitars part of their regular offerings. Looks like the Tremonti SE Custom made a great impact on sales. I also read that these new SE Tremontis have thicker bodies compared to the USA Tremontis, I wonder what's next upgrade they have in store for us. I guess they'll never match the deeper carve tops and will still use veneers so as not to counter their sales for their US models :)  But then again, we never thought they'd put those birds in their SE models :-D

Anyway, they're bringing back the CU22 for 2013, with 5 way blade selector switch. For the first time, both pups will be turned ON on this 5way config (the rotary never had this option, that's why lotsa players mod theirs to a 3 way switch ala LP)

http://www.prsguitars.com/custom22/specs.php

with options of wraparound or PRS trem, and an uncovered 57/08 pickups instead of the stock HFS and Vintage Bass
(unfortunately, there's no Dragon II's on these CU22)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:29:54 AM by faceless »
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2163 on: January 18, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »
^The 5-way switch is a winner!  That plus a coil-tap would make it have almost as much, if not all, of the 512's pickup combinations.  Also, note that they are offering it with a 57/08 pickup option - 57/08s are awesome, IMO!   :drool:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2164 on: January 26, 2013, 01:19:01 AM »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus

Offline billx

« Reply #2166 on: January 30, 2013, 04:05:55 AM »
WOW paid off din yun mga nangyari pre,ang ganda nyan ser

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2167 on: February 06, 2013, 10:47:39 PM »
My SE 25th Annivesary in action with my "backup" band  :-D

Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2168 on: February 07, 2013, 12:04:34 AM »

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2169 on: February 07, 2013, 08:06:00 AM »

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2170 on: February 07, 2013, 11:54:59 AM »
This was in Southridge last Feb. 2, 2013 during their Father's Day school fair. Since my son is a graduating student there, the band asked me to jam on "Giyang". I was a rock star for 8 minutes.

Cool! Saan ito bro?

Was that taken at CSA less than 2 weeks ago?
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2171 on: February 07, 2013, 11:00:02 PM »
WOW paid off din yun mga nangyari pre,ang ganda nyan ser

Late reply, but thanks man!

Nakita ko yung mga posts mo sa prs site, re: PRS 7 strings, hopefully mag include na sila ng regular models sa USA line. It's either Private Stock or the SE. Meron nagconvert from 22/24 strings to 7 strings, I wonder how that went. Dumaan ng PST so definitely costly din lol!
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2172 on: February 07, 2013, 11:04:26 PM »
Late reply, but thanks man!

Nakita ko yung mga posts mo sa prs site, re: PRS 7 strings, hopefully mag include na sila ng regular models sa USA line. It's either Private Stock or the SE. Meron nagconvert from 22/24 strings to 7 strings, I wonder how that went. Dumaan ng PST so definitely costly din lol!

May 7-string na sila from the SE line..  :-)

http://prsguitars.com/secustom7string/

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2173 on: February 07, 2013, 11:57:54 PM »
May 7-string na sila from the SE line..  :-)

http://prsguitars.com/secustom7string/

yup, I mentioned Private Stock and SE. Hopefully they will include a USA made one sa regular product line nila. A 7 string SE with wraparound seems a good idea too. Or a singlecut 7 strings. Nakita ko pa lang na singlecut 7 yung kay Munky ng Korn. Maybe some PS na rin.
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2174 on: February 08, 2013, 12:45:55 AM »
yup, I mentioned Private Stock and SE. Hopefully they will include a USA made one sa regular product line nila. A 7 string SE with wraparound seems a good idea too. Or a singlecut 7 strings. Nakita ko pa lang na singlecut 7 yung kay Munky ng Korn. Maybe some PS na rin.

Haha! Ok ok. Di ko nagets. Ang pagkakaintindi ko, akala ko ay hinihiling niyo na magka 7-string PRS kahit from the PS or SE line. ahahaha!