hulika

Author Topic: Lets see those RIDEs!  (Read 20733 times)

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Lets see those RIDEs! and description thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 10:01:36 PM »
Okay i have 2 rides

20 K Custom Dark Ride Very versatile. Perfect for Crash and Ride combo!

22 K Constantinople Light Ride Super dry character with right amount of wash kasi 22". Sarap sa Low Volume Setting.
"I BELIEVE IN CHRIST LIKE I BELIEVE IN THE SUN. NOT BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT, BUT BY IT, I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE....."

Offline timpanista

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 05:30:45 PM »
22" Zildjian Avedis Medium Ride. loud bell sound. can be used for jazz or bigband to rock music. although not that good if you want to crash it.

21" Zildjian Avedis Sweet Ride. not as loud as the medium ride for bell but defenitly crashable.

i also used Sabian B8 Pro Heavy Ride before. defenitly not crashable. bell sounds not really good. bow sound is bit ok but i don't like it.
Pearl Session Custom SMX  Pearl Prestige Session SPX  Roland TD6KW V Drums  Axis A-L2CB Dynasty DFX14

Offline epinephrine_sevenfold

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 08:31:26 PM »
80's 22" planet z ride- im not really sure of when my uncle aqquired such garbage of a cymbal, but he just wouldnt hand it down to me, because of the saying planet z cymbals that survive throughout the years sound unique, this particular cymbal has sweat marks that seem like rust all over it, it gives it a dry mellow sound and far from the brand new planet z cymbals, it sounds more like a K zildjian dark ride, it's bell sounds super dry, crash is trashy....abstract hehe hard to explain since it's been a while since i've seen it, it's still alive...err.. rotting in my uncle's garage, i'd still call it garbage...smells like too
pogi tayong lahat

Offline ushuaia

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 08:48:26 PM »
problem with machined hammered is consistency of sound. like if you want an old k sound like tony williams. you cant produce 10,000 cymbals with that same sound with one kind of hammering bec every alloy or blanks sounds 8-) diff. wonder why zildjian cymbals with the same model sound diff from each other? thats why even if you buy that bill stewart dry complex or you want the sound of erskines k con. you wont have it. zildjian calls it uniqueness 8-)

Offline plep

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 10:58:21 PM »
22" A Zildjian Medium Ride a.k.a. PIG
Strong bell, solid ping, just enough wash, and a big, powerful crash. Sobrang versatile. Pwedeng pang jazz, pwedeng pang metal.

20" K Zildjian Pre-Aged Dry Light Ride
Actually it's not as dry as advertised. Woody stick sound with a swelling dark wash, topped off with a large, low-pitched bell. Amazing huge dark crash. Great as a ride for jazz and light rock, and as a crash for louder rock and metal.

Offline powercharge

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 11:58:54 PM »
20" Zildjian K Jazz Ride

Obviously great for Jazz but fits Rock music very well. It's trashy with lots of warmth. I used it as a crash for rock and it just cuts through the music.

I got it at JB Music in Cubao across Fiesta Carnival way back in 1993. I seldom see anyone who uses this model.  :-D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 11:15:17 PM by powercharge »

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 09:56:33 PM »

okay :D

here are some of the rides i have used in my one year of drumming :D

Name: B8 Ride 20" (pre-2004)

manufacturer: SABIAN Cymbals and Percussion  Canada
Cymabl Type: Ride Cymbal - medium bell
Finish: Traditional Finish
Metal: B8 Bronze

Review:

this ride is a very good choice of a ride cymbal for beginners who want a bright sound with matching good durability. this was the b8 before the new one of sabian. i can say that even that this is b8, the cymbal was pretty sweet and it can satisfy my necessities for a ride cymbal.

Name: K Jazz Ride 20"

Manufacturer: Zildjian Cymbals
Cymbal Type: Ride Cymbal - Big Bell
Finish: traditional
Metal: b20 bronze

Review:

im playing jazz right now, and it's name certainly lives up it's name: JAZZ ride. it is really perfect for that genre but the funny thing is, the guy who owns this is a rock player! so he thought the cymbal was trash. but for jazz players, it is really the best jazz ride i can vouch for.

Name: 101 20" Ride

Manufacturer: PAISTE Cymbals
Finish: Brilliant Finish
Metal: Brass

Review:

of all the brass cymbals i have used? the PAISTE 101 ride is certainly the winner of it all. durable, decent sounding and easy on the budget are my descriptions for this cymbal. my friend (cymor) owns this one and it has been a year and 3 months and this cymbal is still in mint condition provided that cymor and i are prog players :D

Name: DH EXO Dry Ride 21"

Manufacturer: STAGG Music
Cymbal Type: Ride - Medium, RAW bell
Finish: Brilliant Bow - RAW BELL
Metal: B20

Review:

Quality yet affordable. perfect description for the STAGG DH EXo. i used this during the MAPEX drumfest at club dredd thanks to JP buduan of forerunner. at first, i was cynical with its sound, but as i got to play it, it was really sweet with my jazz fills and chops. i wanted to get this cymbal, but i opted to get a different one for i wasn't satisfied with the bow of the cymbal (medium low with a long decay) because i was looking for a cutting ride sound with a fierce bell :D
but all in all, this is a good buy :D

and this is the ride cymbal i use as off now :D

Name: Larrie Londin Signature Ride 21"

Manufacturer: SABIAN Cymbals and Percussion Canada
Finish: Brilliant Finish
Metal: B20 Bronze

Review:

of all the ride cymbals I have used, this is the cymbal which certainly got my taste. it has a clear stick definition, very crashable, big bell, pronounced volume and a mid-range frequency. all in all combined to have that sweet, smooth tone. personally, i would recommend this cymbal for use on alternative music, mellow and jazz. but sadly, i think i'm the only one in the country who owns this cymbal for the SABIAN company only produced 600 pieces of this cymbal. all-in-all, this ride cymbal has the versatility to fit any genre of music.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 10:01:59 PM by raLpH_pEtRucCi »
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 05:36:13 PM »
nilalagnat ata ako...ang lamig.... :roll:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »
nilalagnat ata ako...ang lamig.... :roll:

is it me?

whats the problem man?

look, if you have a problem, take it up with me straight, and not by bashing me in the forums. i'm just trying to give an idea.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:43:36 PM by raLpH_pEtRucCi »
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »
wow galing ng mga review :)

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 06:03:45 PM »
naku, you want me to be straight with you? napaka YABANG MO! kahit saan nalang. iniitindi kita kahit sa YM, pero sus! naman! di ako mainitin ulo...sobra na lang kasi kayabangan mo...sana magbago ka. yun lang!

AYAN DIRETSO YAN RALPH. :lol:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 06:11:57 PM by kibohead »

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »
COOL! :lol:

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 06:13:09 PM »
OT...  No flame-baiting please, especially here in Pinoydrums.  

kibohead and raLph_pEtRucCi, if there's something between the two of you, please deal with it outside Philmusic.com.  If you continue this here, we'll be issuing a warning.

Okay, back to topic.  Geez, what's wrong with some people here in Philmusic Forum nowadays?...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 06:14:29 PM by drumster »

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 06:18:57 PM »
OT...  No flame-baiting please, especially here in Pinoydrums. 

kibohead and raLph_pEtRucCi, if there's something between the two of you, please deal with it outside Philmusic.com.  If you continue this here, we'll be issuing a warning.

Okay, back to topic.  Geez, what's wrong with some people here in Philmusic Forum nowadays?...

MR. anthony dio, i apologize.

what i only did was state the ride cymbals that i have used and owned in the past. after all, thats what this thread is for, and yet, the guy is still insisting on me bragging about some thing. i have no hard feelings, let him have it his way. if it is power-tripping he wants because he has established names in this forum, Fine, i'll stop posting here to make the guy happy.

Offline el Brutal

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 06:20:05 PM »
i use zildjian 20" custom ride...:D

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 06:26:31 PM »
sino kaya ang may pangalan dahil sa "kayabangan" :roll:

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 06:28:03 PM »
Enough.  Back to topic...

Offline CDodrummer

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 05:56:33 AM »
K custom medium ride

I don't have pics right now but its a good versatile ride. its not to jazzy or too noisy, it fits rock well.
the bell screams jazz though, clean attack but more suitatble for jazz than rock
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 11:16:08 PM by CDodrummer »
Duct tape has a light and darker side. Like the Force, it holds the world together

Offline prjm14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 12:51:18 PM »
request: paiste naman diyan.. :lol:

Offline drewLAKANDULA

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 02:50:57 PM »
Mga sir pics naman jan ng mga ride niyo...hehehe..gusto ko makakita ng iba't ibang ride...hehehe...salamat!! :evil:

Offline Chopstix

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »
Mga sir pics naman jan ng mga ride niyo...hehehe..gusto ko makakita ng iba't ibang ride...hehehe...salamat!! :evil:

para medyo lite naman, siguro dahil summer na kaya medyo naiinitan mga brod natin dito..

sir, gusto mo talaga makakita ng iba't ibang ride huh :-) eto ang ride ko.

actually pwede rin maging tunog snare yan kung gusto ko.

Offline CDodrummer

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2008, 11:18:02 PM »

ill post pics of my ride when I get home.(im out of town, dont have pics) :)
Duct tape has a light and darker side. Like the Force, it holds the world together

Offline black_panther

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2008, 04:32:28 PM »
i have only one ride which is the sabian aax stage 20" ride, but yeah lately i've been playing a lot if stagg cymbals, and the vintage bronze and dh exo raw bell ride are currently my favorite, the vintage bronze produces dark sound like those k's and the exo dry rides reminds me of those aa raw bell dry ride, cheers :wink:   
SPL AUDIO MARKETING QUIAPO, MANILA
TEL#735-54-40
 HI-FI LOUNGE ALABANG FESTIVAL MALL  TEL#842-81-33  THE MUSIC SOURCE EDSA  TEL#376-4598/ 415-03-66

Offline epinephrine_sevenfold

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »
sir how much po yung VB? may balak po akong bumili in the near futuristic future
pogi tayong lahat

Offline black_panther

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2008, 10:20:18 AM »
sir how much po yung VB? may balak po akong bumili in the near futuristic future

vintage bronze ride is 9,995
SPL AUDIO MARKETING QUIAPO, MANILA
TEL#735-54-40
 HI-FI LOUNGE ALABANG FESTIVAL MALL  TEL#842-81-33  THE MUSIC SOURCE EDSA  TEL#376-4598/ 415-03-66