hulika

Author Topic: iOS DAW recommendations  (Read 1567 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
iOS DAW recommendations
« on: August 14, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
Ang dami nang DAW for iOS. From Garageband, Multitrack DAW, Meteor, NanoStudio, to Auria and everything in between... I'm using Garageband now on iPad but find it a little clunky and limited, even for a newbie in home recording like me.

Share naman kayo feedback sa mga nasubukan ninyo na, kung alin ang maganda or hindi. I'm particularly interested in recording audio, not so much midi or virtual instruments.

Thanks!

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: iOS DAW recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 03:59:47 AM »
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/10-of-the-best-ipad-iphone-ios-daws-and-workspaces-574065

Na try ko yung multitrack DAW, simple lang and straight to the point..

Tapos nakatry din ako dati ng FL studio.. Pareho ng FL studio sa pc.. Parang reaper..

Meron ding app na "audiobus" para ma link yung mga DAW at vocal processor/effects kung maraming apps kang ginagamit, malilink niya yun..
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline niroh

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:38:30 PM »
try mo yung presonus studio one, may free and demo version sila for you to try, daling gamitin. . .

pero it depends padin sa personal preferences mo. . .

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 02:30:31 AM »
Ang dami nang DAW for iOS. From Garageband, Multitrack DAW, Meteor, NanoStudio, to Auria and everything in between... I'm using Garageband now on iPad but find it a little clunky and limited, even for a newbie in home recording like me.

Share naman kayo feedback sa mga nasubukan ninyo na, kung alin ang maganda or hindi. I'm particularly interested in recording audio, not so much midi or virtual instruments.

Thanks!

you might still be better off with a full blown DAW software package like logic or garageband. i find that even with ipad as a platform being really flexible, the tools you can get with a DAW setup on a laptop -even a basic one- would be better in the long run.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 02:45:33 AM »
you might still be better off with a full blown DAW software package like logic or garageband. i find that even with ipad as a platform being really flexible, the tools you can get with a DAW setup on a laptop -even a basic one- would be better in the long run.

hi abyss! long time no see/hear! aren't you based in NY? anyways...

i hear you. i have Reaper and i've promised myself i'll learn on that platform as well. i've dabblled a bit and recorded some tracks now. but still have a lot to learn.  but convenience and ease of setup is high on my priority list so ipad-based recording really appeals to me. i have only about 30mins to 1 hr max in a small apartment for this hobby so i pretty much need to rely on what is quickest/easiest/portable to use (including trying to edit/mix while trying to at least be with your kids while kids watch tv, etc.).

anyway, as update to my initial question. i've downloaded Multitrack DAW and find it very easy to use. but it's only 8 tracks and i need to pay for $8 more just to get the full 24 tracks and not much additional functionality or plugins. total would be $18.

i also discovered that Auria has a very extensive user manual and found it a very good way to learn about this stuff. so i downloaded the app and using it now too. i know it's more than i can chew at this point but at least i will "learn from the best" immediately instead of collecting more apps and probably spending more just to slowly learn all this stuff. aside from a few bugs, it's going well and i'm learning a lot.  it's also very neat to be using/working with a piece of software that pros might use and would cost thousands of dollars in the real world. for what you actually get (not just the 48 tracks, but also included features/plugins), i think it's worth it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:47:48 AM by deltaslim »

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »
Not sure if Reaper is available for Mac, but I swear by its intuitiveness! Sobrang dali gamitin, and it feels like you're actually in front of a mixing board when  you're tracking and mixing.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 12:40:26 AM »
Not sure if Reaper is available for Mac, but I swear by its intuitiveness! Sobrang dali gamitin, and it feels like you're actually in front of a mixing board when  you're tracking and mixing.

uy, marco, long time...

yeah. i was able to import some old recordings, clean up noise, adjust eq and minor fx very easily. i learned and did these stuff in under 30 mins. i can't compare with other DAWs but this is fine for me. i don't have any plans buying a PC-based DAW anyway.