hulika

Author Topic: Instruments or Toys?  (Read 2397 times)

Offline musicianurse28

• Philmusicus Addictus
Instruments or Toys?
« on: June 18, 2016, 12:17:23 PM »
Would you collect or invest in toys for displays such as action figures or invest on upgrading your instrument?

I've always been into music, then Hot Toys came. I started collecting my favorite fictional character Wolverine. May mga collectible items na ng mga Wolverine before, then eto nga, iba dating ng Hot Toys collectible figure. It is something that you would really want to have as a collector. Then my budget for music gears got affected because of it.

Years later, I came to a point where I realized that I'm not into collecting toys pala kasi I can't use them or play with them. Wala lang. Display ko lang sila. Whereas kung sa musical instrument, I can hold it, play it, make use of it, entertain myself with it, and most specially learn something from it.

I just realized that among the possessions that I have(toys and instruments), I want to physically play with it rather than just watch it stand on a display cabinet and do nothing about it.

So now, I'm gradually disposing off all my toy collections and started fixing my budget for my first love, musical instruments.

What are you into?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:27:15 PM by musicianurse28 »
Planning for a Band Rehearsal Studio business. Baka may alam kayong space for rent around QC area lang. Please PM me. Thank you.

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Instruments or Toys?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 11:07:39 PM »
I'm into collecting anime figures from my favorite series (evangelion / code geass to name some), gunpla, aircraft scale models and die cast cars (mostly jdm) hot wheels, as well as getting various pieces of gear.

Sa kin bro, ok ako with displaying them only because I find it enjoyable to look at my collection, and they give me a more physical connection to the things I like. Sometimes pag may mga anime / pop culture cons, I loan out some of my figures to be displayed alongside others from similar interest groups. Hindi na din kasi ako mahilig maglaro, more into collecting and displaying na lang talaga.
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com