hulika

Author Topic: Microsoft confirms that it will buy Nokia mobile division for US$7.2 billion  (Read 2511 times)

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus

Microsoft confirms that it will buy Nokia mobile division for US$7.2 billion

In what may be a shocking news story breaking today, Nokia is getting out of the phones business with the company signing a deal with Microsoft to sell to Redmond its entire mobile devices division and licensing its patents and mapping technologies for US$7.2 billion. The deal will see the disconnect end between Microsoft Windows Phone 8 and Nokia‘s Lumia brands, and have them come together.

“It’s a bold step into the future – a win-win for employees, shareholders and consumers of both companies. Bringing these great teams together will accelerate Microsoft’s share and profits in phones, and strengthen the overall opportunities for both Microsoft and our partners across our entire family of devices and services,” Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO, said in a statement.

“We are excited and honored to be bringing Nokia’s incredible people, technologies and assets into our Microsoft family. Given our long partnership with Nokia and the many key Nokia leaders that are joining Microsoft, we anticipate a smooth transition and great execution.”

In an investors presentation, Microsoft acknowledged that the deal with Nokia was to accelerate market share growth with Windows Phone – the OS, according to Microsoft, has grown 78% year-on-year and has outsold BlackBerry in 34 markets.

http://techgeek.com.au/2013/09/03/microsoft-confirms-will-buy-nokia-mobile-division-us7-2-billion/
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
Tech forum??

Sent from my Avaya phone using Tapatalk 2
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline e-guitar

D@mn!!! Wala na atang pag-asa para sa Android Nokia Phone!!! :(

Well atleast this is a good move for Microsoft. Under the same roof na ang Hardware and Software ng Windows Phone nila... Just like Apple's integration of it's Hardware, Software and Services...

Pero gusto ko pa rin ng Nokia Phone na Android!!!
DEAL REFERENCES: larry.galang, bass13man, mb.la13.

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pero gusto ko pa rin ng Nokia Phone na Android!!!

yes, ako din. Lalo na yung bagong nokia na asha 5** I forgot. Yung "pocket power" sabi nila ahahaha. Yun nga lang hindi android. para sakin kasi pinakamagandang mobile OS na ang android.

OT: Ayaw ko pa rin ng BB. hehe

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Nokias employees are screwed..
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis