hulika

Author Topic: Anyone who's tried the Jimmy Page 21-tone wiring scheme?  (Read 1234 times)

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Anyone who's tried the Jimmy Page 21-tone wiring scheme?
« on: March 22, 2016, 11:50:03 AM »
I'm considering to do this on my project LP but the schematics and the work it requires is discouraging. Anyone who's done this to their LP? Is it worth it?
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline rayvelasco7

• Netizen Level
Re: Anyone who's tried the Jimmy Page 21-tone wiring scheme?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 09:11:13 PM »
Had Chino do it for me (the Seymour Duncan version of it)...it never gets old. :-D

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 12:03:24 AM »
I've been reading about it on Deaf Eddie's page. Interesting... Hmmm...  :wave:

http://www.deaf-eddie.net/pushpull/jp_setup.html

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 10:53:08 PM »
dati may LP copy ako, nasubukan ko itong wiring. oks naman for a person that wants different choices, fave ko yung reverse phase mode.

medyo tricky nga lang sa live setting, kelangan ng practice sa mga push-pull pot switchings, depende sa setup at needs sa tugtugan.

Offline walanakamingyelo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »
Subukan kong gawin to pag naka acquire ng 4 push pull pots hehe mejo matagal tagal na rin akong wala sa electric guitar scene maiba lang  tamang tama bagong palit ako ng P-up hehe
Heart, Mind, Hands

Offline ganjie

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 04:42:14 PM »
i did this Jimmy Page wiring on a Epiphone LP using SD JB/Jazz combo, orange drops and push/pull pots from Audiophile.

it gave me A LOT of tones to play with and it was versatile in it's own right.

what i didn't like though, the wiring (and i'm sure it was done right with nice silver wires) caused a bit of tone suck. it would do all these tones with the available combinations but at least to my ears, it was just not able to relay the components' signal at full potential.

after a month or so, replaced it with CTS 500k in 50's wiring with the same .22uf orange drops i used in Jimmy Page wiring and the guitar was more open sounding. i only got the standard LP tones but it was intrinsic.

hope this helps and if you ever decide on going through with it, i hope it works better on your guitar than it did mine...

Godspeed on the project,

-Jon

... pain is a purifier and suffering builds character ...
... Jesus Rocks! ...