hulika

Author Topic: Do you see yourself changing your type of music when you get old?  (Read 40153 times)

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Do you see yourself changing your type of music when you get old?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:13:10 PM »
Yes and/or no. Only time can tell.  :-D
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:15:28 PM »
so Depende? pwede mag jump from any genre.... based on preference? what changes your preference as you grow old then?

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
Nope. But I do see myself becoming somewhat less capable of playing the stuff I used to be able to play kasi I don't have as much time for practice as I used to. It has already started happening.  :-(

But that won't keep me from trying to play it anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline sleepnot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 08:16:56 PM »
yung iba 60+ na death metal parin  :-o
\M/

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 08:17:20 PM »
Yep!  Very likely! That's why I picked a clean sounding amp.  Para pag nag-mellow ng konti ang preference sa music, hindi na kailangan ng new amp.  :-D

Offline FollowTheReaper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 08:19:49 PM »
Yes.. recently I've been into lighter stuff. Not really shifting genres but I guess exploring and adding more to the repertoire :)
Music Educator

Offline rakenrol

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 08:21:20 PM »
Actually, I already did. Kumabaga, para maiba lang. Ganun nga yata talaga. I mean, di naman talaga "pagpapalit ng genre", I just wanna try other stuffs. Pag umeedad, may natututunan kang bago. From there, may nagagawa kang bago.  :-D

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »
Nope. But I do see myself becoming somewhat less capable of playing the stuff I used to be able to play kasi I don't have as much time for practice as I used to. It has already started happening.  :-(

But that won't keep me from trying to play it anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

agree. Even professional players need to re-learn some of their songs (naalala ko slash not being able to play Sweet child,  :eek:)

yung iba 60+ na death metal parin  :-o

no comment ako dito though kung dun sila masaya, why not  :-D

Yep!  Very likely! That's why I picked a clean sounding amp.  Para pag nag-mellow ng konti ang preference sa music, hindi na kailangan ng new amp.  :-D

is it true na pag tumatanda na, ayaw na ng maingay?  :lol:

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 08:24:59 PM »
is it safe to say na as we grow old, we become better players, we play lesser notes?

sinu na nga ba nagsabi ng Choose your notes wisely?

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 08:29:05 PM »

is it true na pag tumatanda na, ayaw na ng maingay?  :lol:

I don't know yet kasi bata pa ako.  I just assumed na oo kaya clean amp lang.  Hahahaha! :lol:

Offline digs_boom

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 08:30:58 PM »
definitely.  i recall listening to heavy stuff way back in high school and i can do it all day long.  recently, i tried listening to the same songs and i felt like i had to change to mellower music after just 15 mins.  mejo na iingayan na ako - now i can relate to how my folks felt when i was in my teens!  so i think my taste in music will definitely change as i get much older.

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 08:31:10 PM »
I don't know yet kasi bata pa ako.  I just assumed na oo kaya clean amp lang.  Hahahaha! :lol:

heto proof  :-D

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:23 PM »
definitely.  i recall listening to heavy stuff way back in high school and i can do it all day long.  recently, i tried listening to the same songs and i felt like i had to change to mellower music after just 15 mins.  mejo na iingayan na ako - now i can relate to how my folks felt when i was in my teens!  so i think my taste in music will definitely change as i get much older.

masasabi ba naten na it's a phase we all go through? kelangan maingay muna until we start to listen to mellower songs as we get older?

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »
Yes. I currently like Justin Bieber.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 08:42:47 PM »
is it safe to say na as we grow old, we become better players, we play lesser notes?

sinu na nga ba nagsabi ng Choose your notes wisely?
Playing less notes and more space, more than anything, comes from realization that YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY ALL THE DAMN TIME, I think. But it is always nice to know that, when you feel like it or you feel like going that direction, you can. Kumbaga, when you learn to speak better, you learn that you don't have to use so many words to get your point across (but you can still spew 'em like JJ FAD if you have to). :lol:

I've lost a bit of speed (I was never fast to begin with) but my bends are more in-tune now and my vibrato is way better than it was when i was 10 years ago. And I've lost a lot of endurance so I don't splatter 3 minute solos with non stop runs anymore. Nangangawit na agad kamay ko :lol: but I have gotten better at dialing in my sound so I can now afford to let some notes ring out and sing.

Yung genre change, I think exempted nako kasi I started listening to and TRYING to play the much older stuff from the 60s and 70s over 10 years ago and, even though I've always listened to metal, I can't say I've ever sat down and tried to learn a heavy metal tune (heck, even Enter Sandman, parts lang ang inaral ko and I never tried to learn all of the song note for note). That genre is more a spectator sport to me (with me as a spectator) than anything.

But I do see myself trying to learn some classical stuff (just because I've never tried that). I completely suck at sight reading though so I'll have to work on that first.

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 08:46:56 PM »
so Depende? pwede mag jump from any genre.... based on preference? what changes your preference as you grow old then?

I'm open kasi to most genre except those Kpop churvalu thingy  :-D.

I'm into melodic metal and jazz genre right now. I listen to them but I can't play that good with these genre yet.

I can't still play bossa and all those acoustic guitar technique kaya I'm thinking on shifting to those genre someday. I think that as I grow older, I won't be using a plectrum anymore. If you know what I mean.  :)
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
meron talagang point na you have to re-assess your music, kumbaga may transition period, towards better playing, which i assume we all aim

anyway, nice insights, mahirap nga lang talaga mag transition in my case pag walang time to play, kelangan talaga hanapan ng time.

Offline monsterbot

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 09:23:10 PM »
I started liking blues when I was young, I guess I'll die loving blues.

Offline jannten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 09:26:39 PM »
parang ung mga ganto ay ung mga metal fans nung kabataan nila? hehe

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 09:27:45 PM »
i've gotten a lot better in transposing what my brain is telling me instead of muscle memory..

but wont give up listening to pantera any chug2x music  :)

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 09:35:04 PM »
I'll forever be listening to heavy stuff (Metal, ProgRock etc)...but my original songs will forever be POP.

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 09:43:27 PM »
Yes. I currently like Justin Bieber.
+1
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 09:54:42 PM »
Yes.

I believe I'm in a constant change in preference.

Last year was the "least metal" year so far, I got addicted to world/folk music.

Now I'm into ambient electronic stuff and other "no guitar" music.

Offline kctan666

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »
lemme see -- today in the car i listened to led zep, traffic, arctic monkeys (so parang dati)

but i listened to adele too

so yeah i guess may kaunting changes

re gnr, metallica, pixies, other 90's alt - can't listen to it straight straight nowadays