hulika

Author Topic: Learning Languages  (Read 8446 times)

Offline michiko.airashii

• i'm a girl
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Learning Languages
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 05:19:34 AM »

Learning Spanish, Italian and french since 2002 but stopped for 3 years but now self studying again.

Talking Italian to my Italian client and Spanish to my friend from Mexico.  I speak slow

and still taking some time to understand what they say though.

French has no difference

from learning any other languages. Same with the 2 said above and we all know that, it is the accent

Sì?

parlare in italiano

hablar en español

parler en français

makipag-usap sa Filipino

Hopefully Korean too since my mother lived in Korea for 10 lonnngggg years.

It would be a free lesson with the accent  harhar  :-D

Mommy EARTH!?!?!?!?!!!!! IMISSYOU!

BTT: Just finished Level 8 Spanish sa Instituto Cervantes de Manila. I need a ka-chika!

I want to learn Korean though because of Lee Min Ho.  :-D   

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 10:13:09 PM »
I'm planning to enrol in Ateneo for Chinese Language course, but have to wait for the next opening.

I also got to learn basic Japanese because me and my friends watched a bunch of anime since HS.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 07:55:32 AM »
malaking factor dito na dapat may nakakausap ka, or else makakalimutan mo rin.

when i was in africa, natuto ako mag arabic (basic), yung tamang usap lang.
sa head office naman dahil puro hapon, so nakakaintindi ng basic lang din na nihonggo.
ngayon na assign ako malaysia, 3 months palang pero puro about sa pagkain palang natututunan ko sa bahasa.
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline scuttlebutter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
hmmm... so far, i know english, tagalog, spanish, ibanag, and a little ilocano.

i tried learning italian before. very similar siya sa spanish so madali kaso wala naman akong kilalang marunong mag-italian so hindi ko rin mapractice. that's the biggest piece to the learning-a-new-language puzzle.

i also tried learning french but all i ended up learning was how to speak english with a french accent.  :-D

Offline Itsmeepeeetah

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 05:51:06 PM »
My mother is pure spanish and we lived with her parents(my grandparents) when we were still kids so i grew up conversing in spanish...Unfortunately i was enrolled in a chinese school ( anlabo haha pero kasi malapit sa bahay :P) so nahati yung brain ko trying to learn 4 languages at the same time growing up...sa bahay kastila maguusap ang nanay ko at mga lolo't lola ko then tagalog with my dad...tapos sa school may english, chinese and siyempre tagalog...hahahaha i wanna brush up on my chinese mandarin skills and my spanish skills though...my mom sharpened her spanish efficiency in Instituto Cervantes as well :D She works as a bilingual agent in a bank and also teaches spanish now in SPCP and ADB :D and she also accepts spanish tutorials. hehe  ^-^
God is good...
All the time!!

Offline belligerentsquirthead

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2013, 04:01:06 AM »
I've always wanted to learn Nihonggo, Español and French.

I know a few words in Japanese. Some of the basic ones. My girlfriend is currently enrolled in a Japanese learning center and when she's studying at home, nakikibasa ako. So I tend to remember some Hirigana and Katakana. Kanji is no joke though. They're very hard to remember and very confusing. I really wanna enroll myself as well dun sa school ng girlfriend ko but as of now, not on my list of priorities.
Maybe next time, since my girlfriend and I are planning to live in Japan some time in the future. :D

As for Spanish, I tried to self study back when I was 18. It's easier because some of the words are familiar to a Filipino ear since a lot of our commonly used words are originally Spanish. Some of the English words are quite similar to Spanish words as well. Although I have stopped my studying after quite some time. I would love to start learning again though.

French. Oh my. I love French films. Man, I'm a big fan of French films. I've always been curious about their language as well. It's not easy to speak and read french. I have known some French phrases through the movies but that's all. Man, if I were given a chance when I was a kid, I'd definitely study French. Sarap sa tenga e. Haha. It sucks na sa school ko wala man lang ni isang foreign language na subject. :(

Offline brantsinc

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 03:00:44 AM »
I tried French and it was really hard. at first you will really sound TH. Hahahaha! I got through the basics, although I did not know what happened. I don't remember a thing.

I Also want to learn Japanese, because I read and watch a lot of Manga. I don't know why,  but I never really learned while watching  :razz:
Apres moi, le deluge.

Offline pagalpan

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 10:06:57 PM »
i like singing in russian, especially songs from the band кино and каста.

Offline chip

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2014, 10:38:31 PM »
naalala ko nga college ako kasikatan ng ghost fighter.
e tagal ng episodes sa tv. isang araw may dala kaklase ko vhs
nung huling arc haha walang subtitle japanese lang talaga pinanood namin  :eek:

masaya magaral ng japanese kung mahilig ka sa anime
advantage ka kasi pwede ka manood ng episode or
magbasa ng manga kahit raw pa.  :razz:

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »
me nakilala ako tumira sa japan at nag aral mahirap daw kanji.
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline synapse1

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »
I can speak English   :mrgreen: