hulika

Author Topic: The DS-1 Mods  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Arth14

• Netizen Level
The DS-1 Mods
« on: May 07, 2007, 11:41:15 PM »
I've heard there are lots of DS-1 mods out there.. such as Monte Allums.. Tri-gain, Recti mod and the ever popular DS-1 Ultra Mod/ Seeing Eye Mod by Robert Keeley.

Anyone wanna share on how do we go on modding our DS-1's? Share some schematics? Tutorials maybe?

Thanks in advance! Im sure all DS-1 owners will find this thread very informative if not helpful.  :mrgreen:

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
Re: The DS-1 Mods
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:35:04 AM »
ok ba i pa mod ang ds-1? IMO the ds-1 sounds great at the right settings... although iba-iba tunog niya depending on the amp... tweaking the gain of the amp and distortion of the ds-1 for is the best way to set it up.

as for the mods... sobrang laki ba ng difference?

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 01:40:11 AM »
Keeley mods for SEM and Ultra are splattered all across the Internet. Monte Allums, you get it by buying his mod kits. Analogman...I think those are unavailable unless someone reverse-engineers them.

But the mod recipe's are the easy part. The harder part is kinda the Basic Electronics thingy...proper soldering technique, reading resistors and caps, identifying diode types and etc. It takes a while to teach and learn, and when I do, I could have my guys doing the mods for me.

But there's nothing impossible to those determined to learn !

PS there's a thread somewhere around here where they discuss all that electronica. Alternatively, you can get yourself the book Electronics Enthusiasts Projects and Circuits Volume 1 at Alexan. It's got everything to get you started in the wonderful world of electronics.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 01:41:49 AM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 01:43:44 AM »
ok ba i pa mod ang ds-1? IMO the ds-1 sounds great at the right settings... although iba-iba tunog niya depending on the amp... tweaking the gain of the amp and distortion of the ds-1 for is the best way to set it up.

Ah fingertapperer...you haven't experienced one yet have you ? :D

Yes, malaki ang difference. You will never tell, auditorily, anymore whether a pedal is a DS1 or an MT2 or an HM100. I mean on the real heavy mods and not just the TS9 to TS808 type mods.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Targa_midbass

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 03:13:21 AM »

oh yes. emphasis on the "sobra", depending on how much you modify. :wink:
paano mapipigil ang isang damdamin
kung ang sinisigaw, ikaw ang lahat sa ahakin!