hulika

Author Topic: Suggestion for noob on PA setup  (Read 906 times)

Offline koykoy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Suggestion for noob on PA setup
« on: October 31, 2014, 09:28:54 PM »
Hello mga masters, Im getting my first PA setup next week.  I have been into car audio and home theater setups for quite some time but no pro audio experience yet.  My plan is to get the most versatile setup that's good for (a) Office/house parties with music and speech and maybe some seminars; (b) Outdoor/beach/street parties like sinulog (here in cebu) and (c) Loud music while working out at home (bike trainer/light weights).  I listen mostly to old school rock as well as house/rave music.

I have auditioned in some music stores here and I have narrowed down the choice to the Beta 3 active speakers (either the U or TS series).  Problem is I dont know what size to get.  The 15's sound fat and nice, especially with house and reggae music but muddy in the mids for rock; the 12's sound clearer but seems to lack the thump.  The 15" B3 is also very heavy so thats an added con especially if it wont be a permanent setup.  Budget right now is 40-50K.

So what might be the best choice?
1. Get 2 x 15" (around 40K) and just sacrifice the mid frequencies
2. Get 2 x 12" (35K) and add a 15 or 18??? active subwoofer later (30-35K)
...or this is too much overlap and a better choice would be to
3. Get 2 x 10" (25K) + 15" active subwoofer (30K)

Added bonus of the 10" is ease in wallmounting though since it has lower power than the 12/15, they might be "bitin" during outdoor use.

Comments will be very much appreciated.   :?