hulika

Author Topic: Gundam Kits and Mods  (Read 173177 times)

Offline suspendead

• Board Moderator
Re: Gundam Kits and Mods
« Reply #275 on: October 18, 2010, 12:24:07 AM »

All my kits are from Festival Mall! May Great Toys sa Festi sa 2nd floor. Ok na ok dun! Madalas mag discount at mas mura sa kanila kesa sa mga Toy Kingdom/Toys'R'Us/Toy Town.

What is the name of the store? Can you remember?

Sa Festi meron ding Special Toy Center, that's where I get my paints, topcoats(though after a while, I switched to Bosny Topcoats which can be bought at any ACE hardware stores) and panel markers. Nasa Festival talaga lahat ng kailangan mo para magstart mag Gunpla.

Which is better, hand painting or spray painting?

" I HEAR VOICES AND THEY DON'T LIKE YOU "

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #276 on: October 18, 2010, 02:45:19 AM »
What is the name of the store? Can you remember?

That would be Great Toys.  And yes, the kits are cheaper there than in TK or TRU.  We also have someone in the local Gunpla community who gets them online.

Which is better, hand painting or spray painting?

It will depend on your taste and skill later on.  Hand brushing has its limitations since in most cases consistency is an issue.  Spray can painting works for some, like myself, and gives a more consistent color spread, but is limited in terms of color choices.  Most prefer to use air brush.
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #277 on: October 18, 2010, 08:35:47 AM »
Here are my MGs, all of them painted, panel-lined, decaled and flat topcoated. Puro Seed, as of now kasi, I've stopped from collecting Gunpla, focus muna sa gear.

MG Aile Strike

MG Freedom

MG Strike Freedom

MG Infinite Justice

And yeahp, you can guess, I'm a fan of Kira. :lol: I like how his suits have all these guns, but they're only used for disabling opponents. He never kills his foe! Got the MG IJ 'cos I also came to like Athrun's character too.

Wow nice kits sir. Btw which do you prefer or liked the most, freedom or strike freedom. Kinda indentical... :grin:
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline omnicloud7

• Veteran Member
« Reply #278 on: October 18, 2010, 10:44:12 AM »
Wow nice kits sir. Btw which do you prefer or liked the most, freedom or strike freedom. Kinda indentical... :grin:

Hmm, tough question there. I guess when it comes to the Gundam itself, I like the Freedom more (of course I like the SF very much too) because of the so many things it has done in the show, also being Kira's longest Gundam used. However, in terms of the model kit, I'd definitely pick the SF, mas maganda yung pagkakagawa sa SF because it was released(2006) I believe two years after MG Freedom(2004).

Offline suspendead

• Board Moderator
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2010, 12:36:07 PM »
What is the difference between an PG and MG, aside from the PG is more detailed and bigger? Pricewise?

How much do they normally cost? MG and PG? Thanks

Offline suspendead

• Board Moderator
« Reply #280 on: October 18, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
I like the Gundam Astray [Red Frame], there is something about a Samurai looking robot that catches my attention hehehe.

Offline jpastorius

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #281 on: October 18, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »
@matanglawin: wow you can do it also sa wood pwede ba ko magpagawa sayo combination ng voltron at gundam kits and mods? hehehe

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #282 on: October 18, 2010, 03:49:17 PM »
What is the difference between an PG and MG, aside from the PG is more detailed and bigger? Pricewise?

How much do they normally cost? MG and PG? Thanks

MGs range from 1.5K to 5K or even more, depending on the complexity of a kit.  The Aile/Launcher Strike pack is about 2.5K or so.  The Sinanju (my favorite) is about 3.8K.  I got another one half built for 2.5K.

PGs technically have more detail and thus more parts, and are bigger.  The cheapest go for 6K (older PGs) and the most recent ones go to as much as 15-18K.

I like the Gundam Astray [Red Frame], there is something about a Samurai looking robot that catches my attention hehehe.

Get that.  I have both the NG, MG and the PG.

@matanglawin: wow you can do it also sa wood pwede ba ko magpagawa sayo combination ng voltron at gundam kits and mods? hehehe

Mahal ako maningil, especially if it's a sculpture.  And although I can work with wood, I prefer working on a kit and transforming it to what I want.  Wood also takes longer to shape.

Anyways, I don;t accept commission jobs as of yet.  I work slow, and have a few projects on my plate.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:51:17 PM by matanglawin »

New Manila Sound

Offline jpastorius

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2010, 03:53:37 PM »
@matanglawin, maybe you can post some of your works here man

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »
@matanglawin, maybe you can post some of your works here man

Duh.  Mag back read ka kaya.

New Manila Sound

Offline jpastorius

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
Duh.  Mag back read ka kaya.
dame mashado naglolog pa PM

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2010, 06:14:40 PM »
dame mashado naglolog pa PM

mabagal lang koneksyon mo kaibigan :P heheheheh back read lang yan hehehehe wag tetemed temed :P
AMMK!!!

Offline jpastorius

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
mabagal lang koneksyon mo kaibigan :P heheheheh back read lang yan hehehehe wag tetemed temed :P
hehehe hindi naman MEDYO lang hahaha TEMED TELEGE EKE hahaha

Offline omnicloud7

• Veteran Member
« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2010, 07:39:57 PM »

Okay na okay yan! Definitely get the MG. :wink:

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2010, 12:06:44 AM »

Have you seen the Musha's? Mas old school pagkasamurai nung mga un. I also plan to get that MG Shin Musha and the MG Red Frame tpos paglalabanin ko sila sa isang diorama entitled "last samurai standing" or "the last red samurai" :) ... Aint that cool? Of course red frame is the victor... Ganda eh. Ung first kit ko eh NG Green Frame, maganda din kaso wlang inner frame.. But with fair articulation.

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2010, 08:05:25 AM »
Hmm, tough question there. I guess when it comes to the Gundam itself, I like the Freedom more (of course I like the SF very much too) because of the so many things it has done in the show, also being Kira's longest Gundam used. However, in terms of the model kit, I'd definitely pick the SF, mas maganda yung pagkakagawa sa SF because it was released(2006) I believe two years after MG Freedom(2004).

Thanks sa tip... I like winglike backpack kasi. I might get SF din in the future pero ung full burst mode ver. Eto sana ung kukunin ko kaso mas nagustuhan ko bigla ung Lucas' strike e + iwsp. Ganda nung backpack parang ung AS at IJ mo. Ung Destiny swabe din lalo ung extreme mode ver parang mariposa.

Offline suspendead

• Board Moderator
« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2010, 12:49:17 PM »
Have you seen the Musha's? Mas old school pagkasamurai nung mga un. I also plan to get that MG Shin Musha and the MG Red Frame tpos paglalabanin ko sila sa isang diorama entitled "last samurai standing" or "the last red samurai" :) ... Aint that cool? Of course red frame is the victor... Ganda eh. Ung first kit ko eh NG Green Frame, maganda din kaso wlang inner frame.. But with fair articulation.

You are right! The Shin Musha Gundam do look good, is it still being sold here? It looks cool!

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2010, 10:33:15 PM »
eto pa pala yung isang kit ko ^_^
Masamune Date Gundam
sakit sa ulo paint nito hehe

Offline suspendead

• Board Moderator
« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2010, 10:40:39 PM »
Masamune Date Gundam

Ang cute talaga ng SD hehehe... Teka bakit may Lego sa taas hahaha...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:42:13 PM by suspendead »

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2010, 12:39:48 AM »
You are right! The Shin Musha Gundam do look good, is it still being sold here? It looks cool!

Yeah! I guess so.. Medyo bagong labas naman ung mga kit ng musha. Ung kulay gold na may sungay kalalabas lang. Kung malapit ka sa greenhills madami sa greattoys at wasabi toys sa shopsville ata un.. Pag wla dun ung hanap mo sa best toys naman sa virra mall kaso mahal ng konte dun sa dalawa. Wag ka bibili sa toy kingdom or toys r us. Sobrang laki ng patong, about 500 to 800 pesos. Tapos majority eh gundam 00, ung mga astig na kits sa seed astray wing eh mahirap mahanap.

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2010, 12:44:04 AM »
Masamune Date Gundam

:lol: Lol... Bakit may nakatuhog?

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

eto na si SD stargazer hehehe actually white paint sana yan kaso lang madumi, kaya sand sand sand hehehe tapos black na lang hehe

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #297 on: October 20, 2010, 07:41:03 PM »

eto na si SD stargazer hehehe actually white paint sana yan kaso lang madumi, kaya sand sand sand hehehe tapos black na lang hehe

It actually looks good in black.  Are you entering that?

Anyway\s, sneak pics of the Chimera.

New Manila Sound

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »
Thanks.
Baka isali ko na to. Ginagawa ko pa yung hands. Flat clear and panel lines na lang,still thinking kung anong gagawin ko sa rifle nito. Mukhang guyver na yan unicorn ah.

Offline suspendead

• Board Moderator
« Reply #299 on: October 22, 2010, 06:32:47 AM »
It actually looks good in black.  Are you entering that?

Anyway\s, sneak pics of the Chimera.

Unicorn??? Gundam Unicorn? Did you modify it as well? I see 3 horns but I could be mistaken. I believe Unicorns only have one horn hehehe... Update naman on that, it looks cool in the pic, very mysterious...