hulika

Author Topic: More electronica?  (Read 3691 times)

Offline bLitZed

More electronica?
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:36:23 AM »
Hello! Can anybody help me find more (I'm not really sure if this is the genre I'm looking for) electronica? I have been listening to this kind of music for a long time now but I am exposed to just the mainstream type and I would really love to know this kind of music more. I know there are still a lot of great artists that I'm missing. Btw, here are the artists that I love to listen to so you would know what to recommend: Bjork, Massive Attack, Mandalay, Portishead, The Postal Service, Frou Frou, Coco Rosie, Telepopmusik, Jamiroquai, Radiohead, Psapp, Lamb (and many more, but they are the only ones I can think of right now... )
THANKS! :-)

Offline mersonthepopo13

Re: More electronica?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 05:00:14 AM »
hi!
no idea what to call it also..from your list i have telepopmusik,mandalay,Frou Frou,Jamiroquai..

maybe youll like:

Air
antipop (telepopmusik member)
imogen heap (froufrou singer)
latenight alumni
kaskade
chungking
freezepop
de phazz
royksopp
moloko and roisin murphy's solo work
goldfrapp
homogenic (the malaysian one)
moony

also try:

bitter:sweet
tipsy
combustible edison
de phazz

dref40cc

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 02:35:46 PM »
ambient. trip hop, electronica, rave, chiil out, di ko na alam kung ano ang pagkaiba ng mga iyan.  Pero i listen to them.  ok yung tangerine dream, infected mushroom, carl cox, tatu ,yung mga iba nabangit na

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 07:23:37 AM »
If you're looking for something similar to a kid that just discovered the joys of cussing, you'll want to listen to Peaches.  Her album The Teaches of Peaches is a riot.  One of her songs was featured in Sofia Coppola's Lost In Translation (specifically the scene at the strip club).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4yndU6NqUE

If you want something harsher and more headbanging than that, I recommend listening to NY's Mommy and Daddy.  They're a husband and wife combo (the girl half of the duo is half-Vietnamese--really hot lookin' too  :-D) only have a bass guitar and a portable sequencer/drum machine.  They take turns singing and playing the bass.  His vocals sound like a more demented version of The B52's Fred Schneider while her vocals sound like a sexier Siouxie Sioux.  They're also super-friendly when you meet them after shows (I'd really like to take them out to lunch one of these days when they stop by to tour again) or when you drop a message on their myspace site. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc9TEdL0ph4
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:37:34 AM by Deadwing »

Offline kalen

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:42:21 PM »

dref40cc

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 12:28:26 AM »
Meron kang ma download na free music sa download.com ang daming electronic, techno doon mga new artists. 

Offline jeff_proX40

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 06:53:28 AM »
Try mo po i diversify yung genres like electroRock, Techno, Fussion Techno, Dance Rock, trance, etch. para po malaman mo yung mga artist na hinahanap mo. Daan ka po sa Bedspace Bar Greenbelt3 3rd floor. Every Wednesday 9pm onwards. look for DJ Winds he can help you out with your problem. His the resident DJ there. He plays Dance Rock, Electro Rock, Techno, Chill, House and a lot more.
Just let your music fill the empty spaces in you. It's all you have so take advantage of it. It's a gift!

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 08:08:53 AM »
My favorite dance single of the year after Justice's D.A.N.C.E. is Simian Mobile Disco's Hustler.  Excuse me while I adjust my trousers for a bit.  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Bf6YGbc1c
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 08:12:47 AM by Deadwing »

dref40cc

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 07:10:03 PM »
Doon pala sa jamendo ang daming electro artists at mga katulad na genre mga new artists  they are willing to share their works for free.   

Offline jgllams

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 10:39:58 PM »