hulika

Poll

which is a better multi fx sa tingin nyo?

Nux MFX-10
4 (3.3%)
Nux MG-100
1 (0.8%)
Zoom g3
83 (69.2%)
others.
32 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here  (Read 441980 times)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here
« Reply #2825 on: January 25, 2018, 11:04:25 AM »
your product inquiries

pwede ko din ba post mukha mo dito i compare ko sa batang di nakakaintindi ng simpleng bagay

meron ako pik mo e  :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GAME HAHAHA
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2826 on: February 02, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »
your product inquiries

pwede ko din ba post mukha mo dito i compare ko sa batang di nakakaintindi ng simpleng bagay

meron ako pik mo e  :lol:

Haha pwede ko ba ito share sa "what made you happy today?" Thread?

Offline anjoesatriani

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2827 on: February 27, 2018, 05:44:26 PM »
Who's your go-to guitar luthier when speaking of guitar repaint?

Criteria: High quality over price ratio or in other words, Bang for the buck  :-D

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2828 on: February 27, 2018, 07:56:07 PM »
^micsis if paint job.
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2829 on: February 28, 2018, 12:07:19 PM »
Who's your go-to guitar luthier when speaking of guitar repaint?

Criteria: High quality over price ratio or in other words, Bang for the buck  :-D

Micsis pag aesthetics. no contest.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2830 on: February 28, 2018, 02:34:36 PM »
^ MICSIS FTW. That's why I'm planning to have my CV 60s strat repainted to tangerine when I come back to Pinas

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2831 on: February 28, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »
I sold my Donner Yellow Fall "analog delay" pedal and i'm planning to get a better AD pedal. I have the Ibanez ADmini in mind because of the size mainly but I wonder if there are better options as I need something that doesn't color the tone like the Donner. Being a mini pedal is a huge factor because I wont need to rearrange my board anymore. Also it should be in the same price range of the Ibanez ADmini

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2832 on: March 01, 2018, 01:33:09 PM »
I sold my Donner Yellow Fall "analog delay" pedal and i'm planning to get a better AD pedal. I have the Ibanez ADmini in mind because of the size mainly but I wonder if there are better options as I need something that doesn't color the tone like the Donner. Being a mini pedal is a huge factor because I wont need to rearrange my board anymore. Also it should be in the same price range of the Ibanez ADmini

if you want pristine repeats with no tone coloration, maybe you should get a Digital Delay instead of an Analog Box.

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2833 on: March 01, 2018, 02:17:22 PM »
if you want pristine repeats with no tone coloration, maybe you should get a Digital Delay instead of an Analog Box.

Do you mean analog delays really color the tone so much? The Donner Yellow Fall just sounds like a Modulation delay to my ears and I don't like it. I like the fact that the repeats are warmer and not as pronounced as digital ones on analog delays but I don't want to lose the distortion character when I have either the Mosfet or Shredhead engaged

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2834 on: March 01, 2018, 02:30:33 PM »
Do you mean analog delays really color the tone so much? The Donner Yellow Fall just sounds like a Modulation delay to my ears and I don't like it. I like the fact that the repeats are warmer and not as pronounced as digital ones on analog delays but I don't want to lose the distortion character when I have either the Mosfet or Shredhead engaged

well, compared to digital delays, yes. they do color the tone. why not try a Digital Delay with a Tone knob for repeats so you can control the "color" or warmth of the repeats.

on another note, the donner is an entry level pedal hence the components might have to do with that tone loss/coloration. I would suggest trying out the mooer ana echo or repeater, but I have a feeling that the yellow fall might just be a rebadge of the two mooer pedals. so, the best advise I can give is to visit Lazer and audition the mooer pedals there so you can try before you buy.

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2835 on: March 01, 2018, 05:20:23 PM »
well, compared to digital delays, yes. they do color the tone. why not try a Digital Delay with a Tone knob for repeats so you can control the "color" or warmth of the repeats.

on another note, the donner is an entry level pedal hence the components might have to do with that tone loss/coloration. I would suggest trying out the mooer ana echo or repeater, but I have a feeling that the yellow fall might just be a rebadge of the two mooer pedals. so, the best advise I can give is to visit Lazer and audition the mooer pedals there so you can try before you buy.

Dito ko UAE sir, and it's not very convenient to visit the music stores coming from my place. Digital delay with tone knob seems like a great idea

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2836 on: March 01, 2018, 06:08:12 PM »
Dito ko UAE sir, and it's not very convenient to visit the music stores coming from my place. Digital delay with tone knob seems like a great idea

ohhh. that explains it hahaha. yeah, I suggest you give that a whirl :)

Offline waterbury

« Reply #2837 on: March 13, 2018, 10:03:02 PM »
Please help me choose. Dimarzio D Activator or Dominion? I play in drop D tuning, chugga-chugga Lamb of God-ish style. Planning to put it to my ibanez RG 421 (mahogany body, maple neck). I want to limit my choices to Dimarzio pickups. Salamat!
"One Man's Garbage Is Another Man's Treasure" -- Philmusic

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2838 on: March 13, 2018, 10:27:17 PM »
Please help me choose. Dimarzio D Activator or Dominion? I play in drop D tuning, chugga-chugga Lamb of God-ish style. Planning to put it to my ibanez RG 421 (mahogany body, maple neck). I want to limit my choices to Dimarzio pickups. Salamat!

sabi ng isang forumite sa isang forum (SDUF)

If you go:

D Activator ---> Set
Dominion ----->Set
Super Distortion ------->Bridge only
Liquifire ------->Neck only

Don't worry about the output. They're all hot pickups except the Dominion which is made to clean up well. D Activators are cool man. Look, you're playing on solid state amps. If you were a tube amp guy, then pickup choice is much harder. You can get away with a lot on a solid state device. You don't even need to think much about pickup output because you're not going to be looking for power tube distortion or to drive the preamp. Just buy the pickups that meet your specs on paper and use an EQ pedal to achieve your sound. You should stick to ceramic just because it makes the best metal tone. Alinco 8 is also a great sounding magnet and you can swap magnets in your Dimarzio easily to achieve different tones.

Last edited by UberMetalDood; 10-09-2013 at 04:58 PM.

:-D
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline waterbury

« Reply #2839 on: March 13, 2018, 11:56:03 PM »

If you go:

D Activator ---> Set
Dominion ----->Set

Don't worry about the output. They're all hot pickups except the Dominion which is made to clean up well. D Activators are cool man. Look, you're playing on solid state amps. If you were a tube amp guy, then pickup choice is much harder. You can get away with a lot on a solid state device. You don't even need to think much about pickup output because you're not going to be looking for power tube distortion or to drive the preamp. Just buy the pickups that meet your specs on paper and use an EQ pedal to achieve your sound. You should stick to ceramic just because it makes the best metal tone. Alinco 8 is also a great sounding magnet and you can swap magnets in your Dimarzio easily to achieve different tones.

Salamat dre, mukhang either Dominion or D activator e ayos lang. Hindi ko pa na-check ang super distortion, basa-basa muna ulit. Ayos din yung thought regarding SS amp at tube amp relating sa pickup choice.
"One Man's Garbage Is Another Man's Treasure" -- Philmusic

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2840 on: March 14, 2018, 09:47:48 AM »

If you go:

D Activator ---> Set
Dominion ----->Set

solid nung insight. tama naman. pag metal suggestion ko rin tlaga ceramic pickups.

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2841 on: March 28, 2018, 01:24:42 AM »
My take about Analog vs Digital Delays

One of the most common questions for a guitarist is asking what is the difference between an analog delay versus a digital delay. Sometimes the explanation is too technical that they explain about resistors, capacitors and IC’s. This is probably because digital and analog are normally jargons for electronics.

Read more
👉 https://www.pedallion.com/blog/analog-vs-digital-delays

Offline kirov

« Reply #2842 on: March 28, 2018, 03:35:58 AM »

Dominion gamit ni Mark Morton of LOG sa Jackson nya.
Sex is like pizza: there's no such thing as bad pizza. Sure there is cold pizza, pizza that makes you sick, unenthusianstic meaningless pizza, and pizza that you won't get a second time. But nothing will ever make you stop wanting pizza.

Offline vexus

newbie inquiry.

zoom multi-effects comparison

is it worth to upgrade to g5n from g3? what are the differences?

Offline edjohn01

« Reply #2844 on: August 01, 2018, 05:07:25 PM »
Hi, I wanna know your input. Phoebus PG-40 or Fender CD60ce? Thanks

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2845 on: August 07, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »
newbie inquiry.

zoom multi-effects comparison

is it worth to upgrade to g5n from g3? what are the differences?

di ako masyadong sold sa "n" series. tinanggalan nila ng key features eh so might be ebst to do intensive reseach sa removed features ng "n" series :)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2846 on: August 07, 2018, 01:39:30 PM »
Hi, I wanna know your input. Phoebus PG-40 or Fender CD60ce? Thanks

PG40 handsdown. PG40 is a solidtop guitar na. the Fender is a laminated top guitar.
not that I'm saying na one is better than the other, pero generally, Solid Tops are more premium and better sounding than laminated top guitars.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2847 on: August 09, 2018, 10:49:02 PM »
I'm eyeing on getting the SD Nazgul bridge for my RGA32 but I'm torn between the Sentient and the 59 Neck.

What do you guys think?
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2848 on: August 10, 2018, 09:22:01 AM »
I'm eyeing on getting the SD Nazgul bridge for my RGA32 but I'm torn between the Sentient and the 59 Neck.

What do you guys think?

yung friend ko had nothing but great words for the sentient and 59 pair. di ko sure kung friend mo rin siya sa FB. si Kris Gomez/FollowTheReaper.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2849 on: August 10, 2018, 11:28:09 AM »
yung friend ko had nothing but great words for the sentient and 59 pair. di ko sure kung friend mo rin siya sa FB. si Kris Gomez/FollowTheReaper.
Sana magawi sya dito to share his insights regarding the two neck pickups.
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR