hulika

Author Topic: FRUSTRATED MUSICIAN/GUITARIST?  (Read 64438 times)

Offline rschua

Re: FRUSTRATED MUSICIAN/GUITARIST?
« Reply #275 on: April 06, 2011, 04:16:15 AM »
For me, I love music but sometimes I stop and think kung may kwenta pa ba lahat ng ginagawa ko or nag-aaksaya na lang ako ng oras, pagod at panahon? Then again music is so embedded in me and it has become my identity, my voice and my outlet. For me, I'll never stop dreaming coz' i love what I'm doing... Sa meron o sa wala... sige lang... rakrakan pa din. Ever since the underground bands pa kami before na thrash metal / grunge era of the 90's and now "I'm rockin' with the Cross" from which I've found my true passion in music.

I've played and still playing with musicians and some of them were music graduate on some prestigious university and some of them (NOT ALL) equates music as equals to money and very practical ang approach sa "PAG-TUGTOG" na to the point na I dont know as if they're afraid to explore and experiment and I cannot blame them coz' iyon talaga yung course na tinapos nila and eventually yun yung career and hanap-buhay nila so they really need to earn through music and it's another story (No Offense po!  :-)).

What I mean, look at RJ Jacinto, he has all the money pero sige pa rin ang rock n' roll kase yun na yung passion nya and i-martial law mo man ang Pinas, di pa rin papapigil.  Up to now, I have tons of compositions, arranged & recorded in my PC and still I can't get over the fact na I still have to keep my normal day job (shifting / Hihi...  :-D) since I'm already married and di ko pwede pabayaan ang family ko. As of now, I'm allocating some of my time for my music, family and work.

The bottom line, I'm kinda' frustrated kase I cannot pursue my passion in music as a career but then again, even if i grow old, I'll still play music. nuff said. :-)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:44:41 AM by rschua »
Jesus=Life.
umaga-klei-rschua http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=327864.0
Your word [Jesus] is a lamp to guide my feet and a light to my path. Ps.119:105

Offline soulexp

« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2011, 01:37:11 AM »
For me, I love music but sometimes I stop and think kung may kwenta pa ba lahat ng ginagawa ko or nag-aaksaya na lang ako ng oras, pagod at panahon? Then again music is so embedded in me and it has become my identity, my voice and my outlet. For me, I'll never stop dreaming coz' i love what I'm doing... Sa meron o sa wala... sige lang... rakrakan pa din. Ever since the underground bands pa kami before na thrash metal / grunge era of the 90's and now "I'm rockin' with the Cross" from which I've found my true passion in music.

I've played and still playing with musicians and some of them were music graduate on some prestigious university and some of them (NOT ALL) equates music as equals to money and very practical ang approach sa "PAG-TUGTOG" na to the point na I dont know as if they're afraid to explore and experiment and I cannot blame them coz' iyon talaga yung course na tinapos nila and eventually yun yung career and hanap-buhay nila so they really need to earn through music and it's another story (No Offense po!  :-)).

What I mean, look at RJ Jacinto, he has all the money pero sige pa rin ang rock n' roll kase yun na yung passion nya and i-martial law mo man ang Pinas, di pa rin papapigil.  Up to now, I have tons of compositions, arranged & recorded in my PC and still I can't get over the fact na I still have to keep my normal day job (shifting / Hihi...  :-D) since I'm already married and di ko pwede pabayaan ang family ko. As of now, I'm allocating some of my time for my music, family and work.

The bottom line, I'm kinda' frustrated kase I cannot pursue my passion in music as a career but then again, even if i grow old, I'll still play music. nuff said. :-)

I hear you brother  :-) though if one should lose sight of who they really are becasue of other things then one would only end up as the thread suggest. I really cannot forget this quote I read on another site. "You dont stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing"
If you believe everything is achievable, Then nothing is impossible!!

Offline weeeeeenesus

« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2011, 03:43:30 AM »
even if you dont have a band or even if you are not rockin with the cross... does that stop you for doing what you love??? it may be illogical due to financial problems or something but does that stop you??? you are just stopping or even giving excuses on what you want to do and that is making Music!!!

Offline Strawb3rryCake

« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2011, 03:57:07 AM »
ako din frustrated guitarist dati, pero mejo napa swerte ako nung college ko, ang dami kong nakilalang magagaling na musikero, hindi lang gitarista ah, at dahil mejo mapalad ako at napaligiran ng magagaling na tao, yon nag practice ako ng maigi, sila nag inspire sakin, and for me rivalry also helps. :-D healthy competition kumbaga.  :-D

Offline bhaahchico

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2013, 02:29:49 AM »
buhayin ko lang po sana tong topic, para sa ibang makakarelate   :mrgreen:

Offline mbsunga

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #280 on: June 22, 2013, 11:48:07 AM »
Mukhang makakarelate dito ang asawa ko hehe. Everytime na bibili ako ng bagong guitar or guitar related stuffs parati ako tinatanong kung baket pa ako bumibili eh wala naman ako time tumugtog at walang nararating ang pggigitara ko. eh sa masaya eh ok na yun

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #281 on: June 22, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »
this is an old thread. i hope the ts pursued his being a musician/guitarist and did not shifted into dressmaking. lol.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline rickbig41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #282 on: June 22, 2013, 12:01:13 PM »
lahat naman ata tayo dumaan diyan and nakalampas...pag di ka dito nakalampas, di talaga music ang passion mo... :)
Those who did not learn from history are meant to repeat it...

Offline MjIoLhLaEnR

« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2013, 12:32:57 PM »
Pasali ....

I started playing guitars when I was at my 2nd year high school, just the basics (chords and strum  :-D). Then it stopped until I graduated in college (7 years passed). Then I had a band just for fun for a year then stopped again until I turned 30 years old. For all those years that I stopped playing guitars I thought it was not really my thing but I was wrong coz when I turned 30 y.o. I went back to playing guitars. When I learnt how to play solos (Learnt the scales, licks, etc.) thought it was too late to start all over again coz of the reflexes and dexterirty of my fingers but It's not coz somewhat I could play some of my favorite songs. 

If your fingers cant do it your heart will teach you how. Passion, that's all about it. And my motivation is watching videos great female guitarist. hehehe. "If she could do that, I could as well" .... this is my motivation line...  :lol:
" I am not a master of my instrument, I am just an Instrument of the Master "
                                            -  MjIoLhLaEnR

Offline Uggicabs

« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2013, 08:38:35 PM »
Nangyari sakin yan nung elemntary ako..nagpabili ako sa tatay ko ng gitara..yung nilalako ng manong na patong patong dati, tapos ang design parang hummingbird na plywood pla ang ginamit..hinampas ko sa pader yun, kasi mas magaling pa pinsan ko maggitara na babae at younger ng isang taon..grade 5 ata ako nun..at d ko mapatunog ang every rose na g,c,d :lol: anyway,balik sa tanong m..kung nasa linya ka talaga hahanap hanapin ng daliri mo yang gitara..tulad ko may mga gamit ako pero d naman ako pro,.kc ika nga passion mo yan eh..d mawawala yan..hangang turuan mo na ang apo mo sa tuhod,..yun eh, kung passion mo talaga ang music playing...tabi mo lang yang gamit mo,..mawawala din yang inis pag nakakita ka ng nakakapaglaway na tasty licks

Offline rockchops_14

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2013, 06:04:33 PM »
 :cry: :cry: :cry:
markv*Kulas*phoenix_rising*wxprn06*bhaachico*
mojoefly*ghostalker*bertz3*martian0413*jrdalino*
bassickdrumgear_tech*jonathan_dead*dyames* rolexm*swinger*jandavedarrel*JM_040205* skippy_skeeper*more....

Offline d0ma85

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #286 on: December 28, 2013, 02:46:49 PM »
Guitarists should read this thread every once in a while. Kudos to the contributors. :wave:
Find something you love, and let it kill you.

Offline jhimmymatt

« Reply #287 on: December 28, 2013, 10:28:39 PM »
Worth reading!! hindi nako nagtrabaho after lunch break dahil dito. mamaya pag-uwi sa kwarto heaven na naman. :-D
Salamat sa frustrating and inspiring stories mga co-guitarists! relate na relate.. pwede pang maalaalamokaya..

--DOXOLOGIA 1914--

Offline rocker4ever

« Reply #288 on: December 28, 2013, 10:42:36 PM »
ako kakahiya man aminin kumpleto gamit pero di ako pro kakahiya sa mga kabataan na magagaling kahit di kumpleto gamit...para tuloy sa edad ko 36 eh dko na ako huhusay pa talagang hanggang sa madadali lang na kanta kaya ko...yung mga kasabayan ko gutrie na sinisipra huhuhu....

Offline MjIoLhLaEnR

« Reply #289 on: December 31, 2013, 01:04:46 AM »
Not all of us have the same feel with regards to guitar playing.
Some likes to play metal, some likes blues.

For me, when Im practice I go to the limit of my speed and even learn song that I know I could not handle(the speed, techniques, etc.). That could be my frustration, but at the end of the day, when I grab my guitar my fingers would always play blues licks.

So that's my genre. You could use your frustration to motivate you.
Who knows by constant practice (will) and proper inputs, you might surpass your limitation.

Rock'On lang!
 :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:10:08 AM by MjIoLhLaEnR »
" I am not a master of my instrument, I am just an Instrument of the Master "
                                            -  MjIoLhLaEnR

Offline ito_ogami4

« Reply #290 on: September 05, 2015, 07:45:24 PM »
You have to enjoy music first..coz it will just be a technical exercise if you dont enjoy it..even if youre only playing chords..if you really enjoy music you will be satisfied..pero kung nakikiuso ka lang..and yore after fame or money..youll just be frustrated...kasi wala sa puso mo..just look for something else to do.. something that you really LOVE.

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #291 on: September 07, 2015, 10:42:30 AM »
Well, ganyan talaga...every aspiring musician won't make it to the finish line....because we all have different mindsets and learning curves... Just like when a person isn't really gifted with Mathematical abilities, kahit anong tutor mo sa kanya, hanggang dun na lang siya .... Amptitude for music varies from one person to another.... So kung ano talaga yung limit mo, just be thankful na lang

My huge weakness is, I'm not really good at memorizing chords and note-for-note guitar lines, I just enjoy winging it 80 percent of the time. I know I have tried to improve on those aspects, but I simply can't...that's my limit and I'm not ashamed to admit it  :-D

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #292 on: September 07, 2015, 10:43:56 AM »
dbl post

Offline rye715

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #293 on: September 07, 2015, 02:54:01 PM »
I am currently residing out of the Philippines. What frustrates me in the place where I am right now is :

I can buy quality guitar equipment if I want to, but I don't see the willingness from my fellow Filipino musicians here to go out of their comfort zone (showband-type gigs and doing all covers) and try to something new and original. I mean, ok I get it, master nila lahat ng top 40 songs and so on, pero once you invite them to jam with you and contribute something original sana kahit kaunti, ayaw nila. Ayaw nilang mag-take ng risk.

Kaya ung mga native citizens sa location ko ngayon, their artform is flourishing and are getting recognized, because they are willing to put out original material and not resort to covers. Di ko alam kung kultura na lang talaga sa tin na ang sukatan ng galing ay kung makopya mo mismo ang di mo kanta.

Frustrated lang talaga.
"Musicians are, in a sense, able to manipulate energy in the form of sound. We are able to understand the nature of sound and mold it to our liking. Among other kinds of professions, we are the ones who can wield energy in one of its purest forms."

Offline lundai

« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2015, 04:07:53 AM »
Me and my band were playing since high school and years up to now. We play gigs but not regularly. And as the guitar player, I always finding/searching on how make my signature sound/tone for our originals.

The problem is, we are all working. We dont have permanent drummer (we have 3 but committed with their own bands). And among us, im the only one who's married and have a child. My wife allowing me to buy my stuffs but she dont want me to gig regularly (kain oras daw, praktis dito praktis duon) but i already accept the fact that i have to prioritize my family. So gig n lng pminsan pag meron. and time will come na mrerecord din nmin mga orginals nmin and compile it as an album of our own....:)

Offline Zacchary_amadeus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2015, 09:09:41 AM »
HI play guitar since high school until 23 years old. Tumigil ako kasi nafrustrate ako d ako
Makabili ng pedals and amp.. Ngayong may pambili na ako back to playing ulit
Im on lead/rhythm sa ministry namin yun nga lang minsan di ako makasabay kasi tumigil ako for 8 years not playing guitar..
\"Why worry if you can pray\"

Offline RedWinG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #296 on: September 18, 2015, 03:07:01 AM »
did anyone felt selling their gear and just forget about playing?  :lol:

rock n' scroll!

Offline dariusbabylon

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #297 on: September 18, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »
did anyone felt selling their gear and just forget about playing?  :lol:
many times.

Offline ME-30maniac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #298 on: September 18, 2015, 01:55:06 PM »

frustration at its best.

spoiler alert: may part 2.  :-D

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #299 on: September 18, 2015, 09:02:10 PM »
It's easy to get frustrated when you don't alter or spice up your practice routines. I'm a frustrated musician myself AND a slow-learner.....That being said, I have learned how to deal with my shortcomings

Doing your usual metronome + scales/mode drills can be as boring as f#ck.....Tons of  backing tracks off YouTube to jam along and improvise with, Rock ballads being one of my favorite because it lets you to think outside the box and at the same time it ''forces'' you to improvise using a Major/Minor scale (aka Ionian scale) .... It's fun and rewarding, you can even run the entire fretboard without being too musical yet you won't still get bored  ^-^