hulika

Author Topic: Ibanez guitar users thread  (Read 3427379 times)

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Ibanez guitar users thread
« Reply #19625 on: January 17, 2017, 09:35:07 PM »
I find the Tone Zone to be a good pickup but you really have to mess with the pickup height. It's such a pain in the neck but when you get you sweet spot, it's a great pickup.

36th PAF is a great pickup as well. Very punchy with a nice midrange bite (not too honky). They sound great for Les Pauls. I'm not so sure how it would sound in an Ibanez RG.
Yes, exactly this. But the thing with the Tone Zone is it's picky with wood type and amps. I'm sure you all heard it before but I think its perfect for basswood (with maple neck!!!) but sucks in Mahogany. People either love it or hate it. I loved it in 6 string version, but with 7 strings it's "OK".

Now that you mentioned it, make sure get a F spaced bridge when getting a Dimarzio for your Ibanez.
What you own, owns you.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19626 on: January 17, 2017, 09:51:33 PM »
Yes, exactly this. But the thing with the Tone Zone is it's picky with wood type and amps. I'm sure you all heard it before but I think its perfect for basswood (with maple neck!!!) but sucks in Mahogany. People either love it or hate it. I loved it in 6 string version, but with 7 strings it's "OK".

Now that you mentioned it, make sure get a F spaced bridge when getting a Dimarzio for your Ibanez.
I agree. Tonezone works with 6 strings for me. Di ko digs sa 7 strings. Sounds too loose to my ears. Siguro dahil sa too bassy tapos low tuned string pa.
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19627 on: January 17, 2017, 11:16:54 PM »
I agree. Tonezone works with 6 strings for me. Di ko digs sa 7 strings. Sounds too loose to my ears. Siguro dahil sa too bassy tapos low tuned string pa.
Mismo. Boosting the amp and cutting the bass helps but hindi parin ako satisfied.
What you own, owns you.

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19628 on: January 19, 2017, 09:12:34 PM »
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19629 on: January 22, 2017, 01:32:46 AM »
Three things:

1. The 2017 guitar models with the stainless steel frets are a good sign that Ibanez will put these on regular Prestiges and Premiums as well. IMO stainless steel is a superior material for fret wire compared to the traditional nickel silver from a durability and playability standpoint.

2. I'm a bit worried about the new non-Edge III/Edge Zero II locking bridge (I think it's called Std DL or something) being put on the new standard line guitars with a Floyd-style bridge. While there are no reviews on it yet, I'm willing to bet that it's a downgrade from the Edge Zero II, and even the old Edge III that a lot of people hated. If anyone is thinking of getting a new standard Ibanez guitar, try to track down those with the EZII - these bridges' knife edges and locking(!) stud posts (the parts that balance the bridge on the body) are supposedly as good as the Japanese tremolos like the Original Edge and Lo Pro Edge.

3. I've suspected this for a while, but was only able to confirm after purchasing it: the new Ibanez intonation tool for Japanese Gotoh  locking tremolos, the E-JACK 1000, can also be made to work on other bridges with angled fine tuners. On my Lo-TRS 7, the tool had to hold onto the fine tuners' threads, but intonation work was made quicker and easier nevertheless. I can't wait to try it on my Edge III- and Edge Pro-fitted guitars.

Offline LaXter

« Reply #19630 on: January 23, 2017, 08:46:12 AM »
Three things:
3. I've suspected this for a while, but was only able to confirm after purchasing it: the new Ibanez intonation tool for Japanese Gotoh  locking tremolos, the E-JACK 1000, can also be made to work on other bridges with angled fine tuners. On my Lo-TRS 7, the tool had to hold onto the fine tuners' threads, but intonation work was made quicker and easier nevertheless. I can't wait to try it on my Edge III- and Edge Pro-fitted guitars.

Haay, kailangan ko yang intonation adjustment para sa edge pro ko, nakakainis kasi mag-adjust ng intonation kaya hinayaan ko na lang na medyo flat and e at b ko  :lol:. Kelan kaya magkakastock AP nang maayos ko na to.
GAS-Masked

Offline LaXter

« Reply #19631 on: January 23, 2017, 08:55:28 AM »
Tanong lang pala. Kapansin pansin ba yung pagdetune ng strings niyo after extreme pull up/dive? Yung lower E ko kasi malaki yung effect pag extreme pull up/dive, pero pagmaliit lang kahit super wild na motion, d kapansin pansin yung pagdetune niya. Tiningnan ko yung locking nut, may parang scratches lang siya kaya di naman ata enough yun para magslip yung strings.
GAS-Masked

Offline mjsmanahan29

« Reply #19632 on: January 23, 2017, 09:07:16 AM »
Is normal to detune if the range of tuning is still in the key it's ok

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline ericbaquiran

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19633 on: January 23, 2017, 06:08:16 PM »
IMHO kulang sa stretching yung low E mo when you re-stringed your guitar.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/stretch.htm

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19634 on: January 23, 2017, 09:35:54 PM »
Tanong lang pala. Kapansin pansin ba yung pagdetune ng strings niyo after extreme pull up/dive? Yung lower E ko kasi malaki yung effect pag extreme pull up/dive, pero pagmaliit lang kahit super wild na motion, d kapansin pansin yung pagdetune niya. Tiningnan ko yung locking nut, may parang scratches lang siya kaya di naman ata enough yun para magslip yung strings.

Nasstretch pa strings. Retune lang. Pag mag restring nga, mag stretch ka muna, then retune, and so on.

Offline LaXter

« Reply #19635 on: January 24, 2017, 06:42:39 AM »
Medyo luma na yung strings actually hehe pero oo hindi ko nastretch yun ng maige nung nilagay ko kasi nagmamadali. Ayun pinalitan ko kagabe at sinigurado kong mastretch ng maayos, hanggang ngayon di ko pa ni lock para stretch ko uli mamaya

Sent from my SM-G850Y using Tapatalk

GAS-Masked

Offline nitroaurora

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19636 on: January 24, 2017, 11:16:23 AM »
Mga boss, i got this SA120EX with stock AH5 and AH6 pups, i'm planning to upgrade those pickups, what can you recommend to me? i can't afford those DiMarzios and Duncans so maybe prices is lesser than those pups price point, let say i only have P4k for both neck and bridge, target sound is punk and alternative rock (and can be used also for some mellow tunes), kung lalagpas ng konti sa price point it's ok, Thanks.
Successful transactions with: Ryan Peralta, MarkV, Geloboy25, Teleclem, Tristan, Dhe (Dwelo_Axeman from PGT), Nickson, Jhule77, Robinissad, Zyehj, Roei03, Anyrandomhole, J3tayag, Samishellacool

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19637 on: January 24, 2017, 01:08:43 PM »
Mga boss, i got this SA120EX with stock AH5 and AH6 pups, i'm planning to upgrade those pickups, what can you recommend to me? i can't afford those DiMarzios and Duncans so maybe prices is lesser than those pups price point, let say i only have P4k for both neck and bridge, target sound is punk and alternative rock (and can be used also for some mellow tunes), kung lalagpas ng konti sa price point it's ok, Thanks.

You could get those used for that price. I say save up and get the real deal.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19638 on: January 25, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »
ang ganda neto. kaso bakit magkaiba ng trem sa asia at US?  :eek:

Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline mjsmanahan29

« Reply #19639 on: January 25, 2017, 12:35:47 PM »
Seymour Duncan Blackouts AHB-1 Active

https://soundcloud.com/mjsmanahan36/sets/maschalismos-3-songs-set
https://soundcloud.com/mjsmanahan36/sets/10-drafts-without-vocals

www.facebook.com/maschalismos

Seymour Duncan JB Bridge Passive

U can buy 2nd hand for a pair.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:38:24 PM by mjsmanahan29 »

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19640 on: January 25, 2017, 01:56:36 PM »

Ano ang trem sa US?

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19641 on: January 26, 2017, 01:12:15 AM »
Ano ang trem sa US?

Edge-Zero II tremolo bridge w/ZPS3Fe yung mga nasa Asia region tapos sa US standard double locking lang.
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19642 on: January 26, 2017, 09:26:06 PM »
Artec
What you own, owns you.

Offline Drac

« Reply #19643 on: January 27, 2017, 09:44:10 AM »

Copy right issues nung Edge Zero system Walang lincense para ibenta sa US mga ZR and ZPS systems in the USA.
Take me as I am!!

Offline Drac

« Reply #19644 on: January 27, 2017, 09:46:09 AM »
Mismo. Boosting the amp and cutting the bass helps but hindi parin ako satisfied.

Kung bassy ang Tone Zone magustohan ko na yan isa rin sa criteria ko yan kailangan mas bassy sa V7 V8s
Take me as I am!!

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19645 on: January 27, 2017, 03:37:32 PM »
Copy right issues nung Edge Zero system Walang lincense para ibenta sa US mga ZR and ZPS systems in the USA.
Pero yung mid-range RGs lang nila yung hindi naka-edge zero eh.  :?

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19646 on: January 27, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »
Kung bassy ang Tone Zone magustohan ko na yan isa rin sa criteria ko yan kailangan mas bassy sa V7 V8s
yun naman pala eh! Pasok sayo ang Tone Zone.
What you own, owns you.

Offline ericbaquiran

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19647 on: January 31, 2017, 07:11:26 PM »

Cutest PGM. US$199.99 lang.  Sayang di pa available sa Singapore.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19648 on: January 31, 2017, 09:10:03 PM »

Cutest PGM. US$199.99 lang.  Sayang di pa available sa Singapore.

Gusto ko nito  :lol:

Offline iScreamCake0126

« Reply #19649 on: February 18, 2017, 03:16:55 PM »
Hi mga sir, would like to ask if saang audiophile kayo nakakita po netong RGDIX7MPB na model. And if nakita niyo kung magkano? :) thanks in advance po. :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

LXIX