hulika

Author Topic: endorsements  (Read 2208 times)

Offline 24242009

• Forum Fanatic
endorsements
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:08:08 PM »
if you are a guitarist and a certain company wants you to endorse their guitar will you accept it? Given that, you must use only their guitars. But theres a catch, its a cheap one. You have to say good-bye to your gears for the contract and use their products.

Offline Ryn

• Forum Fanatic
Re: endorsements
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 10:25:18 PM »
well to me if the guitar sounds good and it feels right i'd accept it, not only do i get free guitars i also get paid for it  :-D

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 11:06:28 PM »
i think you don't have to say goodbye to your gear when you get and endorsement deal. you just don't play them in public or videos.

anyway, to answer the question, if their guitars are cheap to the point of affecting my playing, i wouldnt sign.
but if their products are ok, they better make me my signature guitar.....which will cost them more. hehehe  :-D

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 11:36:44 PM »
or you have a custom version, which is better. :mrgreen:

Offline Mindovermatter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 12:10:17 AM »
Not all cheap are bad.  :-P and is it in a contract that you are not allowed to use another guitar?  :-D

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »
I *might* do it if they made a customized version of one of their guitars from their product line.
(I'm assuming that cheap = substandard quality/sound).

But if endorsement means saying goodbye to my current gear.. next company please.  :lol:

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 12:44:31 AM »
I *might* do it if they made a customized version of one of their guitars from their product line.
(I'm assuming that cheap = substandard quality/sound).

But if endorsement means saying goodbye to my current gear.. next company please.  :lol:
same here. :-D

Offline Jejan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 01:13:04 AM »
If I have to throw away my guitars just because of that, then that's a No-No. But if they have good guitars, hmm I'll throw away my guitars but here's the catch, I want a custom design, :)

Offline shredmonster

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 01:25:09 AM »
If I have to throw away my guitars just because of that, then that's a No-No. But if they have good guitars, hmm I'll throw away my guitars but here's the catch, I want a custom design, :)

same here throwing away my gears for a cheap guitar is wrong

but if they make a custom sure i'd gladly throw away everything

GO TO DMC!!!  GO TO DMC!!!  GO TO DMC!!!

Offline rednas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 07:13:57 AM »
Every guitar player's dream - endorsement and his own signature series :).  (Plus mainterview sa Guitar Magazines)
“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” - J.S. Bach

Music Furniture

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 08:23:28 AM »
if the guitar is cheap but of really good quality, ill even endorse i for free! i love cheap, good quality guitars/gears.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »
Ako Jackson sana Madiscover ako hahahaha Gusto ng Version ko ng Flying V hehehehee
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline killjom

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
Why would you throw your gear when you can use it personally.
Fear neither fire nor blood.

Offline Mindovermatter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 02:12:20 PM »
Why would you throw your gear when you can use it personally.
Good point.  :wink:

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 04:47:08 PM »

The solution here is simple. Get sponsored by a guitar shop or something. (i.e. JB Music, Perfect Pitch, Guitar Center, Musicians' Friend, etc.)  :lol:

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 07:01:27 PM »
The solution here is simple. Get sponsored by a guitar shop or something. (i.e. JB Music, Perfect Pitch, Guitar Center, Musicians' Friend, etc.)  :lol:

The brand choices are endless, huh?  :lol:

Offline AnodBiomech

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 06:38:15 PM »
sana kumuha sakin ESP guitars + Marshall Amplification  :-D can give me 8 halfstacks ehehehehe  :evil:

Offline papotzki85

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 06:43:48 PM »
if you are a guitarist and a certain company wants you to endorse their guitar will you accept it? Given that, you must use only their guitars. But theres a catch, its a cheap one. You have to say good-bye to your gears for the contract and use their products.

kahit global pa yan kung professional ka talaga tatanggapin mo yan :wink: ayaw mo nun ikaw magpapasikat sa guitar na yun? siguraduhin mo lang kaya mo patunugin ng mganda yun kasi if not its useless hehehehe :roll:

Offline jellogz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 07:03:53 PM »
kahit global pa yan kung professional ka talaga tatanggapin mo yan :wink: ayaw mo nun ikaw magpapasikat sa guitar na yun? siguraduhin mo lang kaya mo patunugin ng mganda yun kasi if not its useless hehehehe :roll:

Mismo!  :-D

Just wont burn...