hulika

Author Topic: Praise and Worship Leaders  (Read 47352 times)

Offline Kunanskie

• Veteran Member
Re: Praise and Worship Leaders
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2010, 04:58:10 PM »
to:Rowzanuh
    pm sent

God Bless!

Obey your leaders, and accept their authority. They take care of you because they are responsible for you. Obey them so that they may do this work joyfully and not complain about you. (Causing them to complain would not be to your advantage.) Hebrews 13:17

For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.
2 cor.10:18

God Bless!
The Lord is good, a strength and stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge and trust in Him (Nahum 1:7)

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts."

Offline rowzanuh

« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2010, 11:09:14 PM »
to:Rowzanuh
    pm sent

God Bless!

Obey your leaders, and accept their authority. They take care of you because they are responsible for you. Obey them so that they may do this work joyfully and not complain about you. (Causing them to complain would not be to your advantage.) Hebrews 13:17

For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.
2 cor.10:18

God Bless!

PM replied! thanks dude! god bless.♥
F

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2010, 11:48:33 PM »
hi rozwanah, welcome sa thread. medyo late na post ko, so i won't react to your previous posts, baka naman nasagot na ni kunanskie. well hope ma-settle na yang problem mo, one thing though, transferring churches should be your last resort. God bless!

@all

sunday na naman! yahoo!

Offline jho@yahoo.com

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2010, 04:06:37 PM »
Good day!!!share ko lang po, one pastor said, if you find a perfect church,please don't ever go and commit there, because if you go there that church won't be perfect anymore!!! everyone of us has a bad side in terms of our attitude,nobody's perfect naman eh!!! kaya nga po tayo nagse-serve kay Lord nakikinig at nag-aaral ng kanyang mga salita para mabago yung ugali natin at maimprove din yung relationship natin towards our fellow servants amen!!! let us try to understand nalang yung mga leaders natin na nagkaroon ng pagkukulang satin,sila rin naman ang mananagot kay Lord pagdating ng panahon, afterall sila naman yung tinalaga ni lord for that position.maayos na kumunikasyon nalang po amen!!! GOD BLESS!!! :mrgreen:
REJOICE!!! GOD HAS ALREADY CHOOSE HIS ARMY!!!

Offline Kunanskie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2010, 12:28:17 PM »
Good day to all!
God wants to use us in spite of our weaknesses, if God chose to use perfect people only, He’d have no one to use. Don’t allow weakness and insecurities to keep you from being your best in serving our God.

God is bigger than anything. (My Glorious – Delirious?)

(02-21-10) Line-up
Opening: Mahal Kita

Todo Bigay
Tulad ng Agila
Salamat, Salamat

With All I am
Still
Mighty to Save

Closing: ‘Til I See You

Victory Song: My Savior Lives

God Bless!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:59:46 PM by Kunanskie »
The Lord is good, a strength and stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows those who take refuge and trust in Him (Nahum 1:7)

Offline Kunanskie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2010, 01:09:54 PM »
PM replied! thanks dude! god bless.♥
Uy! mukhang malamig na ulo ni ate ah! ... may heart pa oh! he he he..... :-D :-D :-D
your always welcome.......kapatid. :-)
God Bless!

Offline charlesdavidlim

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »
Good day to all!
God wants to use us in spite of our weaknesses, if God chose to use perfect people only, He’d have no one to use. Don’t allow weakness and insecurities to keep you from being your best in serving our God.

God is bigger than anything. (My Glorious – Delirious?)

(02-21-10) Line-up
Opening: Mahal Kita

Todo Bigay
Tulad ng Agila
Salamat, Salamat

With All I am
Still
Mighty to Save

Closing: ‘Til I See You

Victory Song: My Savior Lives

God Bless!

cool line up..  :-)
No glove. No love.

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2010, 08:12:36 AM »
hi rozwanah, welcome sa thread. medyo late na post ko, so i won't react to your previous posts, baka naman nasagot na ni kunanskie. well hope ma-settle na yang problem mo, one thing though, transferring churches should be your last resort. God bless!

@all

sunday na naman! yahoo!
    Hello all !!!  ive been waiting and trying to find a thread like this one... and i found it great to be here with you guys... didnt expect meron palang worship leaders or active band members or song leaders sa forum na to... im trying to help a very small church now its only me and the drummer... we have about 6 singers thats it... but the good thing is the leadership of the church is very supportive to us... God bless you all... i was just thinking if you would be interested in joining in or participating in an album recording for the Lord... our ministry is called  www.evangelmusicministry.webs.com   try to visit the site and become members listen to our songs... we have songs being aired by Rhema FM in Australia now... go to the links as well... we are inviting all church woship team leaders and members to support us... all for the Lords purposes... also,  check out a new pinoy songwriters forum... www.pinoysongwriters.webs.com  cheers

NS10 reborn

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2010, 08:19:39 AM »
    Hello all !!!  ive been waiting and trying to find a thread like this one... and i found it great to be here with you guys... didnt expect meron palang worship leaders or active band members or song leaders sa forum na to... im trying to help a very small church now its only me and the drummer... we have about 6 singers thats it... but the good thing is the leadership of the church is very supportive to us... God bless you all... i was just thinking if you would be interested in joining in or participating in an album recording for the Lord... our ministry is called  www.evangelmusicministry.webs.com   try to visit the site and become members listen to our songs... we have songs being aired by Rhema FM in Australia now... go to the links as well... we are inviting all church woship team leaders and members to support us... all for the Lords purposes... also,  check out a new pinoy songwriters forum... www.pinoysongwriters.webs.com  cheers

NS10 reborn

welcome sa thread bro..yup, i started this thread eons ago (i was just starting out as a worship leader back then). will check your links.. invite din pala kita dito, pinoychristianforum.com , karamihan ng mga christians dito sa philmusic andun din, syempre mas masarap discussions dun on topics that concern our christian life...

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2010, 08:26:04 AM »
For worship leaders who are looking for a better solution for their lyrics projection, share ko lang po ito  :-)

OpenLP.org

It's an open source (yes its free!  :-) ) software for projecting lyrics. IMO it's a far better solution than using MS power point. eto po yung ilang features na ngustuhan namin:

- easy to maintain lyrics database
- fast and easy lyrics search
- mulit-monitor setup: separate view for preview and live view.
- video/image/power point projection support
- includes easy to use bible verse projection
- manage worship sets easily
- great theme management

Check out their website http://openlp.org/ if you're interested.

God bless  :-)

maganda to brad... im very curious to use this one... can we upload here our new songs?  how is this better and different from power point?  thanks

Blessings to you...

radicjeq

« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »
Worship leading means leading the congregation into worshipping the Lord and bring the best from them to glorify the Lord. It is not just about singing and knowing how to sing but more importantly it's about seeking the very presence of God and let His spirit work from your inside out. There's no secret to effective worship leading, it needs a deeper knowledge about God and how He does things, needs an intimate relationship with Him and in depth prayer life. Worship is us, worship is our lives... It is the life that is changed by His grace and mercy.

Offline dx020

• Netizen Level
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2010, 01:06:42 AM »
Pasali! :D

As a lot of people have said, it's nice to see a thread such as this one. Bago lang din po ako sa philmusic. So far, I've found it quite helpful.

I've also been worshipleading, although hindi sa church services. Mostly sa youth ministry fellowships. Back up, yes din po. And a few other stuff. All by God's grace. :)

Worship must come from a pure heart.

Share ko lang po: I dunno kung napanood nyo na. Nakita ko lang kasi sa fb. yung video about James 3. It's about a dad na "harsh" ang pakikitungo sa family niya, pero pag dating sa church, ayun, feel na feel nya ang kantahan. Smiles and all. Hope it can be a reminder sa ating lahat that living a life of worship also means living a life of purity, honesty [both with God and with ourselves], and of course, holiness.

Dagdag na rin siguro [dunno if na-post na 'to, pero post ko na din po]: we must remember din na hindi pwedeng hati ang heart when it comes to music. yung tipong "half Word (of God), half world." Kasi may mga ganun. Worship leader, pero ang music na pinapakinggan e secular and worldly, which, i strongly believe, should not be.

"No one can serve two masters..." - Matt. 6:24

God bless po sa lahat. ^_^
God does not call the qualified - He qualifies the called.

Offline nibram

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2010, 02:53:55 AM »
Sorry! ngayun lang ulet ako nakadalaw :-D

is it like the easyworship?? btw thanks bro :)

i think they are similar... we haven't tried that one.. dati kasi powerpoint lang kami sa songs eh... kaya openlp helped us a lot.

tulong naman dito. I've installed the said program, I SKIPED THE CCLI licence thing. so how do i make add songs to the library? mga hillsong, chris tomlin, planetshakers.. and others? can i manually do it? :) thanks.

im very curious to use this one... can we upload here our new songs? 

We created our own library from scratch. We deleted the songs from the default library then we manually added the songs dun sa Media Manager --> songs tab -->  new song

our migration strategy was to add the songs per weekend, so eventually we completed yung mga songs na madalas kantahin sa church. idinadagdag na lang namin pag may kakantahin na wala pa sa database.

If you want a sample database, pm me your email address so I can send you the database we're using sa church (mostly hillsongs hehe)

how is this better and different from power point?  thanks

it uses an sql database to store your songs. so it's faster to search for a song 'pag biglang may pinakanta sa inyo yung pastor nyo i.e. "I offer my life" di na mahihirapan mag search yung operator. hehe

it also uses themes sa songs, so you won't need to format the songs individually. or you can apply different themes for different events. for example we use black background /white font color theme for our sunday service, and different background themes for youth services.

plus it can manage your order of service / program... hindi lang songs pati bible passages (kaso default bible is kjv at asv), videos, pictures, even powerpoint presentations. so less na yung ALT+TAB hehe...

BTW, this works best kung naka-enable yung "extended desktop" nyo instead of cloning the laptop/pc monitor to the projector.

HTH...
God bless!
Y

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2010, 08:06:26 AM »
@nibram

bro can you email me yung database nyo? malaking tulong yun, jefisipbata@gmail.com. thanks

Offline nibram

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2010, 10:53:22 PM »
Email sent. sana makatulong!  :-D

Godbless!
Y

Offline jazztimlua

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2010, 03:02:46 PM »
share ko lang yung youth service namin kahapon. astig e, galing ni God.. Pinatugtog kase namin ung mga trainees namin, after almost 4 months of being an understudy...before mag start yung service, jittery sila, kabado.. tapos nung prayer time namin, we just asked for God's hand to work through them, kase nga sobrang hilaw pa sila, technically speaking, gusto ko lang talaga matuto sila mag depend kay God instead sa talent nila...Nung service, its as if iba ung bandang tumutugtog, hirap i-explain, pero nag work si God sa kanila. Just shows how God can do great things, far greater than what our talents alone could....

God really moves when you pray and ask for something. Galing nabless tlga ako sa testimony na to! when you really worship God kahit hindi ka ganun kagaling technically as long as you give your best and play with the Holy spirit it's the best worship ever...

Offline blayde55

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2010, 05:50:17 AM »
Sali po!!!
Chruch singer din po sa Cruzada church of christ

Some thoughts

"Worship should be our highest priority, as it is our main purpose, it is what werecreated for.. HIS glory

Offline rednas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2010, 07:43:06 AM »
Share ko lang:

Daming magagaling sa technique na Praise and Worship leaders and teams, sobrang ganda at pulido ng tunog.  Pero napansin ko lang yung mga small local churches na hindi masyado maganda ang mga gamit at di ganun ka pulido yung tugtugan, sila pa yung mas maganda ang flow ng worship, ramdam mo talaga na the whole church is worshiping.  Iba talaga when a song or band sings the songs that reflect the way they live their lives and the way they connect to the people in their church.     

Also pansin ko, bihira ang mga churches that writes their own praise and worship songs... anyone here singing originals at church?  How was it received?
“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” - J.S. Bach

Music Furniture

Offline Kunanskie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2010, 01:02:13 PM »
Share ko lang:

Daming magagaling sa technique na Praise and Worship leaders and teams, sobrang ganda at pulido ng tunog.  Pero napansin ko lang yung mga small local churches na hindi masyado maganda ang mga gamit at di ganun ka pulido yung tugtugan, sila pa yung mas maganda ang flow ng worship, ramdam mo talaga na the whole church is worshiping.  Iba talaga when a song or band sings the songs that reflect the way they live their lives and the way they connect to the people in their church.     

Also pansin ko, bihira ang mga churches that writes their own praise and worship songs... anyone here singing originals at church?  How was it received?

Iba talaga kasi pag anointed yung nagli-lead ……. meron din kaming ilang mga original compositions na pina-paawit sa church mostly nabuo yung mga songs base duon sa mensahe ng pastor, nakakatuwa nga eh, yung iba favorite na nila… at pati yung ibang mga worship leaders eh pinapaawit na din nila yung ilan sa mga songs…nakakatuwa talaga… All Glory be to God!

isa sa mga pangarap ko makagawa ng mga kanta para sa church.... yung tipong kahit wala kana ina-awit parin yung mga kantang naisulat mo.. syempre sa biyaya ng Diyos...lalo na siguro kung around the world..he hehe :-D

Offline bmramos

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »
hi, Peace!!! new here... i love "One Desire by Hillsong" superb lyrics
"if you aim for the sky and fall, you'll fall on the roof. but if you aim for the roof and fall, you'll fall on the floor." Aim High...

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2010, 04:52:17 AM »
hello there

i'm a youth music team head and i handle both the band and the vocals
it's nice to see that a lot of people are blessed by the thread
i know i am too

iba talaga if we let God work when we are inadequate

like i tell all the kids before we start i would rather be jittery and pent up with nerves because i know that it would be God that would work not me

so the Glory would be His and His alone

and regarding sa post ng isa nating kapatid

"Dagdag na rin siguro [dunno if na-post na 'to, pero post ko na din po]: we must remember din na hindi pwedeng hati ang heart when it comes to music. yung tipong "half Word (of God), half world." Kasi may mga ganun. Worship leader, pero ang music na pinapakinggan e secular and worldly, which, i strongly believe, should not be.

"No one can serve two masters..." - Matt. 6:24'

i believe na hindi pwedeng hati in the sense na pag live natin ng life natin because we should be living a life of worship to God

but to use the verse matthew 6:24 in the context of secular music and christian music mejo mahirap brother

i agree if the content of the song is worldly and walang sense it would be  a waste of time

so if i were to listen to jazz or blues or alternative rock would that mean that i am not aligned to what GOd purpose?

i'm a guitar player too and i listen to blues and other genres of music heck even classical so that would mean i'm serving two masters?

Offline rednas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2010, 07:51:14 AM »
"No one can serve two masters..." - Matt. 6:24'
Definitely Agree
i believe na hindi pwedeng hati in the sense na pag live natin ng life natin because we should be living a life of worship to God
Absolutely Agree
i agree if the content of the song is worldly and walang sense it would be  a waste of time
In my understanding - most of the "church" songs that we sing borrows heavily from "worldly" songs.  Even some of the hymns are said to have been copied from secular folk songs.  Songs themselves have no "moral" value - it's how the listener receives it - how the listener plans to use it that matters.  Songs and talents and everything else belongs to God so it won't be a waste if you listen to a good blues song, if you have the right heart - you will see His glory in everything that he has done - including secular music that you know where done well.  Of course there are songs that are intended for evil and what not - but what makes them evil is not the song or lyrics themselves it's the heart behind it. 

so if i were to listen to jazz or blues or alternative rock would that mean that i am not aligned to what GOd purpose?i'm a guitar player too and i listen to blues and other genres of music heck even classical so that would mean i'm serving two masters?
It is not for us to judge if you are serving two masters - it depends on your heart.  We can't force Christian teachers to always teach about God's word and not teach about secular things like World History and the like - just as we can't force musicians to just play Christian music.  If you are playing in a Praise and Worship setting and your heart is bent on impressing people - that is much worse than playing any secular song.  It is not for us to judge.

I however would implore that we use available Christian materials and music for learning - simply because those are of the same quality if not better than secular ones.  Take Lincoln Brewster as an example :)

“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” - J.S. Bach

Music Furniture

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2010, 08:18:22 AM »
wow ang ganda ng mga discussions. keep them coming mga kapatid.

share ko din pala, just found this website, very helpful and informative

www.fqworship.com

Offline Kunanskie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2010, 09:41:27 AM »
wow ang ganda ng mga discussions. keep them coming mga kapatid.

share ko din pala, just found this website, very helpful and informative

www.fqworship.com

Thanks Sir Jeff o.k tong link ah! very helpful and informative indeed!  :-)

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2010, 09:53:20 AM »
Thanks Sir Jeff o.k tong link ah! very helpful and informative indeed!  :-)

yeah, nakita ko lang yan nung naghahanap ako ng lessons ng song na Our God. gulat ako si chris tomlin mismo nagturo, biglaan kase pinakanta sa church, walang time mag cifra.