hulika

Author Topic: bad monkey  (Read 27222 times)

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: bad monkey
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2008, 11:18:49 AM »
2.5k brand new sa audiophile.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline jimny

• Veteran Member
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2008, 05:38:14 PM »
pjc store may sale sila

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2008, 06:03:23 PM »
^^ ano po yung pjc store?
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline stgmd

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2008, 06:26:07 PM »
^^ ano po yung pjc store?

Music store sa may ortigas. may digitech pedals sila dun. Nakasale ung badmonkey.
Search mo dito sa forum.

Offline Eivar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »
i just got my bad monkey! yehey! hehehe! ayus! astig na overdrive! galit na galit yung distortion nya kapag may hm-100 before bad monkey... hehehe!

ano ba magandang mix sa bad monkey... before and after connections??

kapag connect ko sya before hm-100 para pang boost, add gain lang sya sa hm-100... so not much different sa original sound ng hm-100

pero kapag bad monkey after hm-100... malagkit yung distortion na produce nila... hehehe!

ano pa experience nyo sa mix ng bad monkey? san nyo ba sya ginagamit? boost lang ba sya? or main dirt?

makunteto ka sa abot kaya mo, 20% sa gamit, 80% sa gumagamit
strange looking guitar collection  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,80255.0.html

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2008, 11:18:18 PM »
i beg to disagree caloy burger
me to.. i disagree... ts-9 is better than a bad monkey..

Offline Eivar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2008, 03:55:26 AM »
pwede ba i-mod ang badmonkey para maging better sya sa stock na ts9 or 808? hehehe! para at least affordable good pedal sya... :-D
strange looking guitar collection  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,80255.0.html

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2008, 08:45:04 AM »
any overdrive pedal can be modified to be better than a ts808 or ts9...

even the ts9 itself can be modified to be better sounding than a ts stock ts9

man, daming followers ang bad monkey. i just started this thread to ask about the BM... i already have  a ts9dx and ts 808 both of which are stock..easy to please naman ako e

owning a bad monkey is not on my list though. affordable sya than a ts9 or ts 808, i doubt it's better tonewise. but for the money, it's not bad.

sa mga barkada dito sa socal, i havent seen anyone who owns a BM.

but because of this thread, may 10 na cgurong bumili...... i should get royalties from digitech for starting this damn thread.

soundclips guys?
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2008, 09:38:31 AM »
@blues2death, may soundclip sa digitech site ;)

what i liked about the bad monkey is when the gain is set to minimum.. it tends to have more dynamics and lesser gain when drive is at zero... + it has a treble+bass control which i found to be very flexible & compensate more to amps at diff. venues, compared to a regular TS.

TS9 vs BM --> i'd choose a BM
OD9 vs BM --> OD9 is better, and warmer & more natural sounding than TS9 or BM. It made the TS9 & BM sounds generic..

what you would hate about BM it is it's footswitch! It's like stepping on a sofa :lol:

Offline Eivar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2008, 12:09:56 PM »
hehehe! i guess i'll stick to my bad monkey... kasi la ko pera pambili ng kahit anong tube screamer... kahit second hand na TS di ko kaya... kaya BM na lang... ang behringer may clones din sila ng ts808 and ts9... pero syempre... dun na ko sa bakal yung built...  :-D

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2008, 12:54:48 PM »
bro....don't diss the ts808 or ts9... coz the only bad thing about them is the price.

i won't diss the bad monkey, but i have my own things to say about the bad monkey.

i was entered to play this contest "king of the blues" at guitar center...

i lived in laguna hills and i had my pedalboard at a friend's house in glendale. pretty long drive. and having no car at the time, there was no way i could go to his house to pick it up.

having no pedals on hand, i opted to buy the bad monkey so i don't have to ride the train get my pedals.

when i tested the bad monkey... i just didn't like it. returned it and ended up borrowing a friend's fulltone drive pedal plugged into a peavey classic. nevertheless i didn't qualify for the semis because of a confusion that i look liked another contestant....but that is a different story.

now i am not saying the bad monkey is a bum pedal. i liked my ts9 dx and ts 808 better....

the bm is not built to imitate the tubescreamer, but hey...it's green!

dissing another pedal to build up another one isnt the way to go.

i like my pedal better...and that is that..if you like the BM better...good for you.

respect.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »
Bad Monkey is getting a lot of praise in Harmony Central. MarKV is correct, footswitch is kinda soft... missing that normal 'click' effect. but the sound.... d*mn... very tight and punchy. I've tried using this as a stand alone drive on Live setting and it really rocks.

Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2008, 01:15:20 PM »
yup... verrrryyyy soooft  :-D
compare to a boss pedal> sensitive sa pressure
and i hate the switch of the bm, its just like the ones with the zoom multi effects... kailangan medyo maingat...  :-D
but i own one hehe

Offline Eivar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2008, 02:16:38 PM »
bro....don't diss the ts808 or ts9... coz the only bad thing about them is the price.

i won't diss the bad monkey, but i have my own things to say about the bad monkey.

i was entered to play this contest "king of the blues" at guitar center...

i lived in laguna hills and i had my pedalboard at a friend's house in glendale. pretty long drive. and having no car at the time, there was no way i could go to his house to pick it up.

having no pedals on hand, i opted to buy the bad monkey so i don't have to ride the train get my pedals.

when i tested the bad monkey... i just didn't like it. returned it and ended up borrowing a friend's fulltone drive pedal plugged into a peavey classic. nevertheless i didn't qualify for the semis because of a confusion that i look liked another contestant....but that is a different story.

now i am not saying the bad monkey is a bum pedal. i liked my ts9 dx and ts 808 better....

the bm is not built to imitate the tubescreamer, but hey...it's green!

dissing another pedal to build up another one isnt the way to go.

i like my pedal better...and that is that..if you like the BM better...good for you.

respect.

im not dissing the ts9 or ts808 for my BM... im just saying that i bought BM because i cant afford tubescreamers... pero kung afford ko naman ang TS, then why not... thats all... i just want a good, heavy duty, transparent, cheap overdrive...

nakasubok na ko ng ts9... its more transparent... a good overdrive too! but like i said... cant afford

as for the BM, may high and low eq sya, so versatile... IMHO, the BM is similar to Tubescreamers in terms of that its an overdrive and they add tube like character to your tone... for the sound... not a clone! kanya kanyang taste pa din... :-D

ipapa-mod ko na lang BM ko para better sya sa tubescreamer! hehehe!!

peace!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 02:21:27 PM by Eivar »

Offline agsmd793

• Netizen Level
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2008, 05:55:50 PM »
pwede ba i-mod ang badmonkey para maging better sya sa stock na ts9 or 808? hehehe! para at least affordable good pedal sya... :-D

http://tonejamfx.com/spankdmonkey.html
"In Domino Confido"

Offline caloyburger

« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2008, 01:43:38 AM »
me to.. i disagree... ts-9 is better than a bad monkey..

IMHO,

i also have a TS9 (stock) and i agree that it's a good pedal but it could be better.  things i don't like about it are:  midrange hump on all settings, a little weak on the bass, i feel its not transparent enough.  what i like about it though is that it's an excellent boost pedal and good combo to a slightly dirty amp. 

i know i could have it modified but i decided to spend the cash on the bad monkey to see what the rave was about.  things i like about it?  warmer overdrive esp. with a strat, can be used as a stand alone, more transparency, great pair to a slightly dirty amp, and thank god for the bass control.  no plans of modifying it and for the price; two thumbs up!     

Offline juan sinko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2008, 03:29:06 AM »
i love this pedal it made my SD1 more louder and crisp hehehehe
JUAN SINKO UPPERS CLUB<br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako <br />Upping is not a crime

Offline kune_km

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2008, 09:01:13 AM »
im very satisfied with my BM.

VIVA BAD MONKEY!!!!
To GOD be the Glory!!!<br /><br /><br /><br />http://smileyicons.net/s/225.gif

Offline juan sinko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »
yung kapal ng highgain na distortion nakuha ko na sa bad monkey and sd1 hehe i am complete hehehehehehe

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »
bakit nasama ang od9 dito markv?
i thought it was about the BM?

pls dont take offense markv, just messing with you. :-D

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2008, 10:03:12 AM »
bakit nasama ang od9 dito markv?
i thought it was about the BM?

pls dont take offense markv, just messing with you. :-D

wala naman, since the bad monkey is a clone of a tubescreamer... i think it would be helpful for others if at least compared to where the BM was cloned from. Just a basis/guide.. ;)

Maxon kasi ung 'real' tubescreamers (od808 & od9)

Offline strummer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2008, 12:04:26 PM »
hehehe! i guess i'll stick to my bad monkey... kasi la ko pera pambili ng kahit anong tube screamer... kahit second hand na TS di ko kaya... kaya BM na lang... ang behringer may clones din sila ng ts808 and ts9... pero syempre... dun na ko sa bakal yung built...  :-D

...and now another bad monkey owner. heheh. thanks for the deal bro! enjoy!
strum away!

Offline Eivar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2008, 09:56:16 PM »
actualy this thread made me easier to decide in buying bad monkey... hehehe! but this thread is actually started that this pedal is not a clone of ts808...

IMO, sir blues2death is right... it is 50-60% similar to ts808 because its an overdrive and adds tube character to your tone... so parehas silang tube overdrive/screamer!  :-D

pero syempre, they have their own adv. and disadv. for each user...  :-D

Offline juan sinko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2008, 10:37:18 PM »
mga owners ng bad monkey ask ko lang ano ang current draw ng bad monkey kasi hindi ko makita sa website eh

Offline Eivar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2008, 08:42:56 PM »
mga owners ng bad monkey ask ko lang ano ang current draw ng bad monkey kasi hindi ko makita sa website eh

17mA po

from www.digitech.com, you can download their manuals

9VDC