The Musician Forums > Guitar Central

Survival Guide to Guitar Central (based on A True Story)

<< < (4/18) > >>

Poundcake:
I was thinking about writing something similar to this. Thank you, Joric! You're the man :)

I declare this thread stickied!

siore:
^^YES!!!  Thanks for the sticky!! :-) :-)

To add, one may love his piece of gear to high heavens, but on my part, what I've learned through a few years on here is to be careful with wording my posts so that owners of gear I don't like won't be [as] offended.  Instead of 'sucked', 'messed up design', 'ditch that pedal', 'why not just get a XXXX', etc... just say it didn't work out for you and your setup.  Wala namang masama dun, and does not reflect in any way on your playing experience.  Same deal I guess with positive comments.  Instead of saying 'the best', 'this kills the XXXX', or 'your XXXX won't stand against my XXXX', maybe just say it's different, and that it's more suited to your tastes and application?  Or you just plain like it.

A lot of guys on here, I've observed, are relatively peace-loving forum dwellers.  They come up with meaningful insightful posts, ignore the negativity, and tend to attract more thought-out replies.  Para saken, the rules are: 1) DON'T BE A JERK.  No matter how right you think you are, or if you feel info is wrongly conveyed. 2) IF IN DOUBT whether it'll cause angry reactions, don't post it.  3)  IF IT STARTS to piss you off, take a break!  Play yer guitar, buy a new piece of gear, build something, anything really.. just walk away from the forums for awhile 'til you get a cooler head.  :-D

arkeetar:

--- Quote from: siore on August 02, 2010, 03:08:10 AM ---^^YES!!!  Thanks for the sticky!! :-) :-)

To add, one may love his piece of gear to high heavens, but on my part, what I've learned through a few years on here is to be careful with wording my posts so that owners of gear I don't like won't be [as] offended.  Instead of 'sucked', 'messed up design', 'ditch that pedal', 'why not just get a XXXX', etc... just say it didn't work out for you and your setup.  Wala namang masama dun, and does not reflect in any way on your playing experience.  Same deal I guess with positive comments.  Instead of saying 'the best', 'this kills the XXXX', or 'your XXXX won't stand against my XXXX', maybe just say it's different, and that it's more suited to your tastes and application?  Or you just plain like it.

A lot of guys on here, I've observed, are relatively peace-loving forum dwellers.  They come up with meaningful insightful posts, ignore the negativity, and tend to attract more thought-out replies.  Para saken, the rules are: 1) DON'T BE A JERK.  No matter how right you think you are, or if you feel info is wrongly conveyed. 2) IF IN DOUBT whether it'll cause angry reactions, don't post it.  3)  IF IT STARTS to piss you off, take a break!  Play yer guitar, buy a new piece of gear, build something, anything really.. just walk away from the forums for awhile 'til you get a cooler head.  :-D

--- End quote ---

yes! tamaan na sana ang tatamaan...
at sana maintindindihan...

read it again  :lol:

#6 and #10

siore:
@arkee

:?  Hopefully that's not all you get out of that.  I don't like to fan the old flames, ok?  :-D  Wala akong pinapatamaan whatsoever.  Just a reminder for newcomers to our forums, who may fall into that trap, in their desire to get their points across. 

arkeetar:

--- Quote from: siore on August 02, 2010, 04:14:15 AM ---@arkee

:?  Hopefully that's not all you get out of that.  I don't like to fan the old flames, ok?  :-D  Wala akong pinapatamaan whatsoever.  Just a reminder for newcomers to our forums, who may fall into that trap, in their desire to get their points across. 

--- End quote ---

ah oo naman... in short, ethics  :lol:
emphasize ko lang, mahirap na din kasi yan, maraming gumagawa dito sa forum.  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version