hulika

Author Topic: SHOW ME YOUR AMP/S!  (Read 554433 times)

Offline giftmones

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: SHOW ME YOUR AMP/S!
« Reply #2550 on: May 01, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »
^that vox amp is really sexy.. I want to own one!!!! :cute:

Offline Wshad

« Reply #2551 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:01 PM »
The Vox Heritage amps are really nice - a very vintage vibe and tone.  Here is the AC15 head/cab version of the Heritage Handwired 50th Anniversary amps, also with the EF86 tubes; great for a studio. They call them "TV" because the grill corners are rounded like 60s TV set.

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2552 on: May 02, 2013, 02:13:16 AM »
The Vox Heritage amps are really nice - a very vintage vibe and tone.  Here is the AC15 head/cab version of the Heritage Handwired 50th Anniversary amps, also with the EF86 tubes; great for a studio. They call them "TV" because the grill corners are rounded like 60s TV set.

These heritage series are great! Nice amp collection you have there Wshad!

I have an AC15H1TV combo myself and love its classic vox tone! The ef86 is classic but sometimes I find it too middy so I find myself using the 12ax7 channel.

Btw what is the name of your band? Would like to catch one of your gigs to hear that amp in action! Cheers!

Offline Wshad

Vox Heritage Amps
« Reply #2553 on: May 02, 2013, 10:17:55 AM »
These heritage series are great! Nice amp collection you have there Wshad!

I have an AC15H1TV combo myself and love its classic vox tone! The ef86 is classic but sometimes I find it too middy so I find myself using the 12ax7 channel.

Btw what is the name of your band? Would like to catch one of your gigs to hear that amp in action! Cheers!

Thanks, Musicjunkie. There aren't too many of the TVs around, so I'm surprised you have one.  That's great.  They are very specialized amps, particularly the EF86 channel.  Do you play very early 1960s music? 

I'm afraid we're just amateurs and don't gig, Musicjunkie.  The guitar band is Walking Shadow, but Walking Shadow is part of a larger musical group called The Madeleine Cookie Company.  Both are composed of mostly amateur musicians and get together only once in a while to do a show.  The goal is to try to cover 1960-1963 pieces exactly as recorded, including the tone of the guitars.  That is why we need the Heritage Vox amps, as the very early Shadows pieces used the EF86 circuitry.  It's a difficult goal to work for, but we try, even if not successfully.  It’s fun to do.

Here is a video from a show Walking Shadow did five years ago.  We used a handwired Vox there, the model before the 5oth Anniversary series; the last Vox amps made in England I think.  Excuse the amateurish playing, please!

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Vox Heritage Amps
« Reply #2554 on: May 02, 2013, 11:20:40 PM »
Thanks, Musicjunkie. There aren't too many of the TVs around, so I'm surprised you have one.  That's great.  They are very specialized amps, particularly the EF86 channel.  Do you play very early 1960s music? 

I'm afraid we're just amateurs and don't gig, Musicjunkie.  The guitar band is Walking Shadow, but Walking Shadow is part of a larger musical group called The Madeleine Cookie Company.  Both are composed of mostly amateur musicians and get together only once in a while to do a show.  The goal is to try to cover 1960-1963 pieces exactly as recorded, including the tone of the guitars.  That is why we need the Heritage Vox amps, as the very early Shadows pieces used the EF86 circuitry.  It's a difficult goal to work for, but we try, even if not successfully.  It’s fun to do.

Here is a video from a show Walking Shadow did five years ago.  We used a handwired Vox there, the model before the 5oth Anniversary series; the last Vox amps made in England I think.  Excuse the amateurish playing, please!

Great performance there by your band! I love the passion, it cones thru in your playing!

The tone is really good too! It really cuts thru the mix! Is it a 90s AC30TBX model?

I was lucky enough that I got my Vox amp locally here 2nd hand but in pristine condition with the box and all. I play all sorts of stuff on the Voxto emulate artists that use em too like, The Beatles, Queen, Tom Petty, R.E.M.

Offline oklahoma

« Reply #2555 on: May 03, 2013, 12:20:06 AM »
'eto lang talaga nakayanan..

Offline FollowTheReaper

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2556 on: May 03, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »
Best of both worlds.. Tube + Modelling amp :-D

Music Educator

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2557 on: May 03, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »
Best of both worlds.. Tube + Modelling amp :-D

Line 6 <3 loving mine!

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Mesa
« Reply #2558 on: May 04, 2013, 08:26:42 AM »
What a cool looking amp, Jun.

yes sir, after testing multiple lunch boxes finally I have decided to get this kahit walang effects loop i still find it a bang for the buck. I like your amps din sir kaso need to get a few guitars para match ang amp sa guitar

Offline Wshad

Re: Mesa
« Reply #2559 on: May 04, 2013, 04:16:10 PM »
yes sir, after testing multiple lunch boxes finally I have decided to get this kahit walang effects loop i still find it a bang for the buck. I like your amps din sir kaso need to get a few guitars para match ang amp sa guitar

I didn't know about your amp until I saw your post, Jun_gats.  So I Googled and read up on it.  That is a great amp you have.  Very 1950’s American-deco look, also.

WShad

Offline Wshad

« Reply #2560 on: May 04, 2013, 04:24:38 PM »

Great performance there by your band! I love the passion, it cones thru in your playing!

The tone is really good too! It really cuts thru the mix! Is it a 90s AC30TBX model?

I was lucky enough that I got my Vox amp locally here 2nd hand but in pristine condition with the box and all. I play all sorts of stuff on the Voxto emulate artists that use em too like, The Beatles, Queen, Tom Petty, R.E.M.

Thanks, Musicjunkie.  I am glad you are putting your AC30 to good use.  It will be good to hear you play through that Vox.

For the show on that video, we used a Vox AC30 HW Limited Edition.  I think this was made in 2005 or so.  It’s modeled after the boosted channel of the 1964 AC30,  so is not quite right for early Shadows stuff, but perfect for early Beatles.  It is very chimey.  A Rickenbacker will be great through it.

Regards,

WShad

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2561 on: May 04, 2013, 09:29:28 PM »
Thanks, Musicjunkie.  I am glad you are putting your AC30 to good use.  It will be good to hear you play through that Vox.

For the show on that video, we used a Vox AC30 HW Limited Edition.  I think this was made in 2005 or so.  It’s modeled after the boosted channel of the 1964 AC30,  so is not quite right for early Shadows stuff, but perfect for early Beatles.  It is very chimey.  A Rickenbacker will be great through it.

Regards,

WShad

Wow! She's a beauty! I wish I can plug my Old jap Rick 330 copy thru that one!

You have a mighty fine collection! Hope to jam with you someday!

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2562 on: May 05, 2013, 11:23:42 AM »
Mt. Boogie  :eek:

Offline Wshad

Mt Boogie
« Reply #2564 on: May 05, 2013, 02:11:21 PM »
Awesome.

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2565 on: May 05, 2013, 03:48:53 PM »

Offline giftmones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2567 on: May 05, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »

nice amp. I like that one. Meron pa ba binebenta na ganyan model nowadays?

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2568 on: May 05, 2013, 06:38:19 PM »

nice amp. I like that one. Meron pa ba binebenta na ganyan model nowadays?

Thanks man!

I think they have discontinued this one. But if you want a nice vox amp, I recommend the new handwired series. They sell em at Audiophile. I tried em and they are good. Only difference is that these new models dont have the ef86 channel

Offline giftmones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2569 on: May 05, 2013, 09:16:49 PM »
Pricey hw series haha lol meron naman ako smaller version nyan.. Ok na siguro yun..:) gusto ko lang talaga ng white lol

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2570 on: May 06, 2013, 07:57:02 AM »
Panalo talaga gamit mo sir Rey! May Mark IV na, may Mark V pa!
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2571 on: May 06, 2013, 08:02:27 AM »
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2572 on: May 06, 2013, 08:05:59 AM »
Panalo talaga gamit mo sir Rey! May Mark IV na, may Mark V pa!

Salamat Papi!  :)

Offline Wshad

« Reply #2573 on: May 06, 2013, 09:17:40 AM »
Nice, Musicjunkie.

Offline Pakantone