hulika

Author Topic: Quad core or Dual core???  (Read 13211 times)

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
Re: Quad core or Dual core???
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 01:12:49 PM »
Pareng Bindoy..Quad? kool..sino kaya..para malaman ko naman ang performance bago ako tuluyang mabaon sa utang hahaha  :-D
tapos hindi naman pala pwede o hindi naman maganda o ala namang silbi yung added 2 cores..sabi nga ni abbys ok na daw yung E6700 eh at mabilis na daw na DAW hehehe
yes sir quad...sa mga backthread..parang may nagbanggit na dito sa music pro audio threads...

sir sa kin ng E6300 lang e...ok naman e...lalo na ung E6700, e halos 60% kaya sa performance ang taas nyan sa akin...based sa Intel markings...so kung ganun...ok na kayo dyan...tapos parang gusto nyo atang busugin yan ng 8gb of ram di ba?  :-o whoa!grabweh na to!kakalunod... ahihihihi... go for it na sir! :-o :-o :-o gbu
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 01:22:32 PM »
pareng Bindoy..8 gigs? masyado ng mahal yun..hehehe..saka hindi pa ako naka Vista..pang xp lang ako..me pm ako sa iyo..me tanong ako hehehe
Music is art in sound...

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 01:26:52 PM »
pareng Bindoy..8 gigs? masyado ng mahal yun..hehehe..saka hindi pa ako naka Vista..pang xp lang ako..me pm ako sa iyo..me tanong ako hehehe

hehehe exagged ba sir?kayo pa!sinagot ko na agad ng nobela sir, ung PM nyo...;) ngatz.gbu
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

Offline stanley

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 05:07:17 AM »
the cool part ng Reason... hit the tab key and we can see the back of the rack, sarap  paglaruan yung mga cord na parang rubberize ang motion, you can patch and connect each rack... malstrom, redrum, subtarctor, NNXT, dr.Rex, matrix...etc sa mga effects, kaya lang di ako techno guy, i luv pop n rock!  Like bro.bindoy magandang gamitin ang drums ng reason from percussion to chimes...etc..... i hope im not talking too much.....singit lang po.. Gbu. 
In God We Trust, In Gold We Trash

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 03:39:03 AM »
just want to let you guys know, i finished assembling the Quad Core computer and it works fine... still doing carpentry work on the workstation table.. i will update you on the performance of the Intel Processor and Intel mobo.. cheers~~~~~  8-)
ps
the startup on wondows was really FAST.. the Vista drivers on the Motu is, they say on the way but i will wait since i only have 4 gigs on the machine and still don't know if Nuendo will run really well in Vista... 8-)
Music is art in sound...

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 09:57:16 AM »
People over at Cubase.net forums have not ventured to Vista when using Cubase/ Nuendo just yet and I am one of them.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »
im also hoping to get a new pc soon. i'll maybe go for an e6600 or e6700.  i see that you recommend 975 chipset boards.  any particular brand and estimate price?  does the 975 have pci slots (for the uad-1's)? im also hoping to get a mobo with built in FW input. thanks .
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 11:14:44 AM »
You can try the Asus P5W DH. Mind you this is not a cheap board (11 - 13k depending) but it is proven for DAW use. Most 975/965 mobos have 2 or 3 pci slots; the Asus board uses Via for its firewire which I don't exactly recomment, but I heard the Fireface works well with Via controllers so it looks like the Asus is a good match. Another mobo you can consider is Gigabyte although their 965 mobo is better known.

You might want to consider the newer P35 Intel chipset which is coming out since I heard it performs better than the 975/965 chipsets. There is a risk however since this chipset is so new that it is unproven for DAW use. Asus makes a mobo based on the P35 - the Asus P5K Deluxe.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 11:20:35 AM »
thanks so much kit.  i just got a quotation for the 975 xbx2.  how does that compare to the asus p5w dh (it is more expensive by a grand)?  thanks again!
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »
You can try the Asus P5W DH. Mind you this is not a cheap board (11 - 13k depending) but it is proven for DAW use. Most 975/965 mobos have 2 or 3 pci slots; the Asus board uses Via for its firewire which I don't exactly recomment, but I heard the Fireface works well with Via controllers so it looks like the Asus is a good match. Another mobo you can consider is Gigabyte although their 965 mobo is better known.

You might want to consider the newer P35 Intel chipset which is coming out since I heard it performs better than the 975/965 chipsets. There is a risk however since this chipset is so new that it is unproven for DAW use. Asus makes a mobo based on the P35 - the Asus P5K Deluxe.

i use the P5W-DH and the mobo works well. However, I have gotten reports from others that some mobos have had trouble using SATA from the get go because of an old BIOS. If you do pick this board up, just make sure to have a copy of the latest BIOS available in case your mobo did not ship with the latest BIOS version.

A small complaint I have with the board is the tight fit it has with my Ninja Scythe passive heatsink. Fitting the huge heatsink inside an ANtec SOLO case called for some careful maneuvering to make sure everything sat well in the case before I fired the thing up.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:32:07 PM by abyssinianson »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 12:47:48 PM »
A small complaint I have with the board is the tight fit it has with my Ninja Scythe passive heatsink.

Hmmm... I wonder if the Scythe Andy will fit... AFAIK, the P5WDH doesn't use solid caps, don't it abyss? That's why I'm gravitating towards the newer Asus and Gigabyte mobos.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 02:54:36 PM »
Hazel the Intel mobo is nice since it has 3 pcie/ 2 pci slots and accepts Quad core.. just imagine using an E6700 and after a few months you decided to get a QX6700..so less GAStos
BTW mine ( intel  d975xbx2 mobo) runs pretty well and the instructions are easy to follow. BIG as in poster size pictures/ diagrams are included.. kung wala kang soundcard ( i know u have RME fireface) me 7.1 pa itong built in  :-D :-D :-D
ps
 just remember kung a assemble ka, ikabit mo lahat yung memory, video card, hard disk at cables bago mo i screw sa case. mabuti na lang nabasa ko yung tip na yun, the hard disk is hard to install kapag naka kabit na yung board, i guess sa ULTRA na case/psu lang siguro pero who knows, baka sa iba din ganun...
Music is art in sound...

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 11:59:53 PM »
A small complaint I have with the board is the tight fit it has with my Ninja Scythe passive heatsink.

Hmmm... I wonder if the Scythe Andy will fit... AFAIK, the P5WDH doesn't use solid caps, don't it abyss? That's why I'm gravitating towards the newer Asus and Gigabyte mobos.

It doesn't. However, this seems to be a minor gripe against the longevity and the durability of the board from what I can gather on the forums. If you do want an Asus with solid caps, the P5N32-E SLI Plus has solid Al caps on it. BIOS revisions is the main issue people have with the P5W-DH so you need to make sure you have the latest BIOS version downloaded and ready before installing everything on the board otherwise you will hit snags in trying to install your peripherals.

I have had pretty good experience with Asus boards and overclockers seem to really like the overall performance of the P5W-DH for whatever it is that overclockers do. Since I only use the PC for music, I have been sailing smoothly so far.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 12:48:42 AM »
Nice to hear about your experiences with the P5WDH, abyss. I'm anticipating my new mobo... it's a tossup between the P5W and the Gigabyte 965DQ6, I told my cousin in NY to surprise my so we'll see.

I'm a bit apprehensive about the Nvidia chipset for DAW use although my previous experience with Nforce mobos has generally been good.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 01:12:07 AM »
You can't go wrong with either company. Gigabyte and Asus make great products, I think. As long as you can anticipate what problems each board may have, you can take the necessary precautions for a smooth install when you get your mobo.  I don't know much about the Gigabyte stuff these days but I do know Asus had some BIOS catching up to do because they released the P5W right when the C2D chips started coming out. Since the mobo is compatible with Quad cores, the demand for a BIOS that could accomodate the switch was hitting ASUS faster than they could ship the proper BIOS with the boards that were already out in the market. As a result, some people were not aware that the BIOS on their mobo was the older version until they ran into problems trying to install the C2D, Q2D and SATA on the P5W. Fortunately, I sat on the fence long enough to find these things out and download the new BIOS before I got my board. Lookin good so far. If you get the Gigabyte, I'd be interested in finding out how that rig does with your EMU and MIDI setup.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 01:56:11 AM »
@Kit, Hazel, Mikey

ka coconfirm ko lang na ang kaibigan nating si BALDO ay nagkasakit na naman! kailangan na syang iparehab! GAS KING TALAGA!

katatawag nya lang sakin ng overseas at kabibili lang daw nya ng quad core setup, LA2A, at auralex para sa home studio nya!

Lets all hail GAS King BALDO!

hehehehhehe
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 02:22:24 AM »
i second the motion. mayaman itong lalake na ito!

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 05:52:57 AM »
noted sirs.  kakahilo.  so many choices.  i heard from a friend that the 975xbx2 has a few problems.  maybe they solved it with a new BOIS release?  im glad ok naman for you BALDO, but then again, quad core ka na e.  i dont intend to get a quad core processor kaya baka hindi umubra sakin  :?

now, im having second thoughts about the P5W DH.  by the way sirs, would you know if there is so much difference between the e6600 and e6700 processors?  thanks again :)

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 11:27:56 AM »
mam hazel...malaki ang difference po nung from e6300 to e6600...sobra,,,pero kung 6600 - 6700..ala gaano...nasa www.intel.com naman din ang bench marks po e.

maganda nga daw ung p5 mam...kahit sa reviews...kamusta mam ung presyo?pareho lang ba sa mga 975ss?kapag pareho...kunin nyo na un...hehehe...

GAS queen? hehehe....

although di ko lang sure kung TI chipset nun pero mukang di naman ata kayo gagamit ng MOTU e..;)

ngatz.gbu
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 12:17:52 PM »
The main difference for me is in the extra processing power which can make a huge difference when you are working on processor heavy tracks. I was budgeting my funds out for the E6600 before I found out that the E6700 was dropping in price. For a few bucks more, I wanted the best in the class so I opted for the 6700's extra juice. This 6700 processor should tide me over for quite a number of years and I just couldn't justify spending more money on a quad core when the core 2 duo would be more than enough for my needs. My ProTools Mac works with less processing power so my investment for the PC worked out well in the end without breaking the bank.

Hazel, the P5W-DH has some issues but combing the forums should tell you what things to watch out for. I just paid attention to the BIOS update when I was working on the new build and made sure that my video card, SATA and processor would have all the necessary drivers to get recognized on bootup. I think the ASUS forums specify which board batches ship with the new BIOS for Core 2 Duo and which do no not so that would be a good place to start.

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2007, 12:40:43 PM »
thank you thank you guys!  i think when i finally make that decision i will be having everything set up in the shop so it would be easy to mix and match parts... might bring my rme, and uad-1's as well to see if they work.

bindoy, pareho lang pala yung guy na nirecommend mo and the guy i was talking to the whole morning yesterday :) very helpful and patient sila, malamang sakanila na din ako kumuha :)  GAS queen ka jan! di ko kaya yang powers ni Baldo ha.   :lol:

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2007, 12:58:19 PM »
for me cguro ill wait for AMD's Quad Core... Barceloca Core.

nothing against Intel... pero ive read that Intel's quads are just 2 C2D core unlike AMD's quad na dinevelop talagang quad core.

And its way cheaper compared to intel.

stability and performance wise... i dunno... pero re: video rendering... we compared my AMD X2 4600 to my friends E6600 with the same amount of rams and both has DFI motherboard.

Same video project and mine amd x2 rendered faster by 7mins.

this is just my 2 cents re: processors :D

good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2007, 01:05:53 PM »

thank you thank you guys!  i think when i finally make that decision i will be having everything set up in the shop so it would be easy to mix and match parts... might bring my rme, and uad-1's as well to see if they work.

bindoy, pareho lang pala yung guy na nirecommend mo and the guy i was talking to the whole morning yesterday :) very helpful and patient sila, malamang sakanila na din ako kumuha :)  GAS queen ka jan! di ko kaya yang powers ni Baldo ha.   :lol:

musta naman mam?mura ba sa kanila...tignan nyo nalang dun sa mga ibang kakilala nyo...

GAS Queen...hehehe..bagay...musta ung C man nyo?tapos na?
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

Offline otep

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2007, 11:26:25 PM »
hi po..

uhm not a big computer whiz, but just want to ask if how can i optimize the use of my mobo.

its a ASUS P5GD1-PRO uhm dont know kasi kung pano ma optimize ang gamit nito,

cenxa na kung OT, kasi sa PC TECH forum parang in active eh..

tnx

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2007, 12:01:21 AM »
uhm not a big computer whiz, but just want to ask if how can i optimize the use of my mobo.

its a ASUS P5GD1-PRO uhm dont know kasi kung pano ma optimize ang gamit nito,

cenxa na kung OT, kasi sa PC TECH forum parang in active eh..

915 chipset... use a low spec vidcard with this mobo if you don't want problems with audio.