hulika

Author Topic: Pearl Eliminator thread  (Read 9101 times)

Offline autoexec

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Pearl Eliminator thread
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 12:14:03 AM »
Available na ba yang mga cams na yan dito sa pinas?
Magkano kaya? :)

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »
cams are not yet available locally...ive tried the purple and yellow during my namm show trip..its good but i think i'll stick to the red cams hahaha

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 07:40:34 PM »
ganda response ng red cams, very sensitive. but of course it would be better in my opinion to start with the regular(black) cams to establish control.  :-D

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 09:54:47 PM »
@JP..bro ano napansin mo difference sa purple and yellow compares sa stock cams? I was planning on getting them and wanted some inputs sana.. :lol:
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline jeva

• Veteran Member
Re: Eliminator cam-Yellow and Purple
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2007, 10:26:52 PM »
Guys any experiences with the Yellow and Purple cam for the Pearl Eliminators? :?

Ok ba sila? Whats the difference between the stock ones? :lol:

Bro look for OTEP. I believe he is a Church drummer, dun kasi sa binenta ko n pedal sa kanya kasama n aung 2 cams + 1 belt drive. Malamang masagot  nya tanong nyo regarding the feel of the cams..

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 10:46:32 PM »
meron pala yellow at purple? akala ko imbento lang mga narinig ko. kasi hindi pa ako naka kita..ngayon ko lang nalaman. ano naman pinagkaiba nun? :)

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
Re: Eliminator cam-Yellow and Purple
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 11:23:57 PM »
Guys any experiences with the Yellow and Purple cam for the Pearl Eliminators? :?

Ok ba sila? Whats the difference between the stock ones? :lol:

Bro look for OTEP. I believe he is a Church drummer, dun kasi sa binenta ko n pedal sa kanya kasama n aung 2 cams + 1 belt drive. Malamang masagot  nya tanong nyo regarding the feel of the cams..

OTEP from this forum bro?

Thanks bro JEVA!  :lol:

Sana mag input si OTEP dito.. :-D

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
Pearl Eliminator Cam
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 08:36:44 AM »
What Pearl Eliminator cam are you using? why? how is it performing so far? what type of music are you playing?  :lol:

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »
@JP..bro ano napansin mo difference sa purple and yellow compares sa stock cams? I was planning on getting them and wanted some inputs sana.. :lol:

hi akira..naku bro i'll be honest with you..i was able to try those cams pero sandali lang..i was on a hurry that time because of our meetings during the namm show, i dont know if those cams are available already na locally.. :wink:

Offline autoexec

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 08:28:05 PM »
What Pearl Eliminator cam are you using? why? how is it performing so far? what type of music are you playing?  :lol:
Blue = The best for heel-toe para sakin! Combined with "tighter than medium" spring tension.. Mapa soft or malalakas na kicks hindi pa ako binigo nyan.. Tanggal na nga yung felt na color black na nakadikit sa cam eh, pero ganun pa din ang performance nya. :-)

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2007, 03:35:37 PM »
just installed the pearl elims i got from Gep's friend in the kit. i dont know its exact model, it is belt drive though...

what can i say?

One planet better than the previous double peds i got... im no drummer, but just stepping on those pedals w/ white cams installed by the previous owner, was just plain awesome. i read some stuff, and tried the red cams... honestly, i am no drummer, so i ddnt feel anything different. same goes with the foot board adjustment... no difference with me... one thing is for sure though, whatever setting, its fast and responsive!

its a lot of fun that you can adjust a lot of stuff here. i was worried that it ddnt come with a manual of some sort, but well, i managed to figure out how to play with those screws. this is the first real drummer's pedal i got... and it really is different from the generic ones you get to use in studios and gigs.

i hope it can survive though and not have any reliability issues. i love this better than my ex drummer's iron cobra... except that its not fair to compare them cause my friends iron cobra was way used and there are some rust on the strings or so.

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 07:45:21 PM »
I'm no guru about pedals...just sharing my experience with the awesome features of a Pearl Eliminator Pedal. :-)

the good thing in elims is that with its adjustable features, the pedal itself adapts to the drummer's style of playing. the responses from the different cams are definitely faster compared to the typical pedals we used way back.

with my playing style, i enjoy most the red cams because of its sensitivity and quick attack response. I used to have a single pedal in which there i was using the belt drive. The difference from the belt i used before and the chain drive i have with my double pedal now,  is that belt drives offer more "fluid" feel, faster in a way because it is smoother, and with the chain drive, i find it much quicker and more responsive. i can say that because i tried using both drives with the same settings.

the pedal's height  can be adjusted for your foot style...mapa-heel up, heel down, and so on...
the height from the beaters are also adjustable to add weight for attack.

foot plate can be changed to put traction...so does the rubbers, it can be removed, if you prefer a much smoother feeling nailing those "power slides". 8-)

using the elims is like a trial and error process...mahirap sa una at nakaka-frustrate but after all the hours,days or even months of "butingting", its all worth it...iba ang pakiramdam kapag comfortable ka at real-time ang response ng pedal mo. :-) 

Offline popsicle

• Veteran Member
pearl eliminator cams, belt and chain assemblies... san meron???
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 07:42:37 PM »
help mga kapatid!!!
san ba meron ng mga cams???
tsaka double chain and eliminator belt assmbly???

tsaka pd ba gamitan ng double chain assembly ung pearl P-1000 single pedal???

salamat!!!  :mrgreen:

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: pearl eliminator cams, belt and chain assemblies... san meron???
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2007, 08:53:03 PM »
Check all your local Pearl Distributors....
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline Angst_Ridden

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 01:11:54 PM »
Hello guys! Mgkano ba brand new eliminators ngayon? And exclusive lng ba ito sa yupangco? Thank you  :-)

Offline cavsdieagram

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 01:26:17 PM »
Hello guys! Mgkano ba brand new eliminators ngayon? And exclusive lng ba ito sa yupangco? Thank you  :-)

JBmusic na ang may hawak ngayon ng Pearl products.. :wink:
"Drums ay buhay" -bord

Offline smurssshhh

Powershifter Elims
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2014, 11:48:03 PM »
Mga sir tanong lang, parehas o iisa lang ba ang cam ng powershifter chain at powershifter belt?i mean kasya ba ung mga cam(red/blue/black/white) ng chain sa belt drive?so kapag may powershifter chain drive ako pwed nrn maging belt drive basta palitan ko lang ung chain ng belt?naguguluhan po kasi ako..salamat po sa inyo mga master! :)

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Powershifter Elims
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2014, 12:17:27 PM »
Mga sir tanong lang, parehas o iisa lang ba ang cam ng powershifter chain at powershifter belt?i mean kasya ba ung mga cam(red/blue/black/white) ng chain sa belt drive?so kapag may powershifter chain drive ako pwed nrn maging belt drive basta palitan ko lang ung chain ng belt?naguguluhan po kasi ako..salamat po sa inyo mga master! :)
Yup,pwede palitan chain at belt,at pati cams
 :-D
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.