hulika

Author Topic: Pwede ba nating buhayin ang pinoydrums?  (Read 17982 times)

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pwede ba nating buhayin ang pinoydrums?
« on: May 27, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »
I remember the glorious days of Pinoydrums,I got excited to open the threads about new gear, new info,some useful tips and etc. then some occasional troll guys then drumster or suspendead would save the day. Ngayon puro lurker na lang or nasa fb. It's a bit disappointing because in the fb groups there are trolling na malupit, or Kampihan pag may nagaaway, you should take sides or whatever.
Tapos malupit na judging which I don't see here in pinoydrums, there some occasional hotheads like me pero it's resolved in a civil manner.
The way I see it now..
I would log on early in the morning, and would answer the messages of ralph petrucci,and sometimes musiciannurse28,halos kami lang naguusap,then there are occasional visits from the regulars of before like peeves,vincher,gss, then some newbies like mabenfrost,sigang pusa,and I forgot the other guy gswaps69? Sorry if I got it wrong.
I'll be honest,I also don't like some of the guys here in the forum. BUt I don't troll them, I just let them be. I miss the company here,it's damn organized. So Kung ikaw lurker ka,speak up, I learned so much here like the oxalic acid,maybe you don't know your knowledge might help others in a big way.
Kung May tamaan,I'm sorry,I'm not here to point fingers, I'm just here for the company. We don't need to post every time,just post if you have something to share,don't think it's useless,but if you just keep it to yourself,it's useless. Kung May magalit from the fb drum group guys,I'm sorry but I don't like the culture there.
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
Re: Pwede ba nating buhayin ang pinoydrums?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 08:12:14 PM »
music is an all time low ... the last musical revolution we had was the emo revolution which followed the kupaw revolution ... say you want about those genres, but things like that happening gives music new blood, new talent and new participants.

the things you mentioned in the drums fb group is the exact same thing that is happening to the bassplace group. people are butt-hurt and they look for others like them, group together and turn a knowledge sharing group, into a butt-kissing group, where everyone exalts their "tropa" (who usually are forumers with not much knowledge to contribute, unless you count tsismis as contribution), and then diss the members they hate, even if those guys have a point and contribute valuable information.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 08:13:41 PM »

Definitely miss the culture here before </3

dati excited kang magpinoydrums gawa ng New Gear Thread tska mga insights nung mga veterans natin dito. :|

whew... ngayon wala na talaga eh. kaya i do all that I can to reply to all new posters here, para kahit papano maencourage silang maging masipag magpost.

#memories
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »
music is an all time low ... the last musical revolution we had was the emo revolution which followed the kupaw revolution ... say you want about those genres, but things like that happening gives music new blood, new talent and new participants.

the things you mentioned in the drums fb group is the exact same thing that is happening to the bassplace group. people are butt-hurt and they look for others like them, group together and turn a knowledge sharing group, into a butt-kissing group, where everyone exalts their "tropa" (who usually are forumers with not much knowledge to contribute, unless you count tsismis as contribution), and then diss the members they hate, even if those guys have a point and contribute valuable information.

parang ganun na nga ang nangyayari rin sa mga FB group na drum related bro. iisang group of people lang ang nagpopost dun tapos sila yung mga "sikat" sa group na yun kaya sila lang yung tama. pag may kinorrect ka na maling statement nila, palalabasin bastos ka at know it all ka. sa kanila ko rin nakita ang misunderstood use of respect. hay buhay.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:22:36 PM »

ODK! (Oh diyos ko!) hehe,well said.. Puro na lang tsismis, knowledge is a good help,not tsismis.

parang ganun na nga ang nangyayari rin sa mga FB group na drum related bro. iisang group of people lang ang nagpopost dun tapos sila yung mga "sikat" sa group na yun kaya sila lang yung tama. pag may kinorrect ka na maling statement nila, palalabasin bastos ka at know it all ka. sa kanila ko rin nakita ang misunderstood use of respect. hay buhay.

I realized your aim when you try to reply to everyone specially the new guys. Yup,I don't need to be sikat,I just play drums becuase it's fun, that's it,I'm trying to play bass because it's fun. No need for Olympics here and there.its not a competition.its an art.
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 09:00:31 PM »
Yeah... sila peeves, sandy, dio, gep, jpmb, mikah (rip), etc... I guess we all grew up and started lurking. Haha.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline makinao

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »

OTOH, most of the people I know are so busy recording their indie EPs and hustling around for both small and not so small gigs. Kaya masyadong busy to read and post. What u think?

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 09:06:42 PM »
Also...dati kasi dark ages pa tayo sa knowledge about rudiments, gear, venues, etc. kaya ang buhay ng tanungan. Internet content is richer nowadays.

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 09:16:14 PM »
OTOH, most of the people I know are so busy recording their indie EPs and hustling around for both small and not so small gigs. Kaya masyadong busy to read and post. What u think?

no matter how busy you are, you would visit the forums if it is fun :) ... and besides, i know a lot of us have non-paying gigs, hehe. you really can't kill yourself with those kinds of gigs. i love playing live, pero i would never accept more than 6 non-paying gigs a month. that has never happened though, hanggang 1- 2gigs a month lang kami (medyo bitin)

so far kasi, dito sa amin sa davao city, i've been here since 2006 ... walang bagong magaling na drummer. its the same guys na lumabas nung "emo revolution" (panahon ng kasikatan ng Hale, Typecast, Cueshe, etc.). same goes with other instruments or bands. nahihirapan ako kasi wala na akong na rerecruit na magaling na drummer - someone who can keep time and has enough chops to play something interesting, yet not overwhelming.

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 09:17:24 PM »
Haha! May age factor na din ba? :nosebleed:

Maybe yes the net is richer nowadays.sad to hear this stuff.

And I'm busy as well but I still devote sometime reading some stuff here and around pm.its fun interacting to people.

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
^ Yeah me too. I find myself helping out noobs with gear choices nowadays.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 09:54:16 PM »
just keep on posting man

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 10:05:53 PM »
Nakakatuwa naman mga 'kuya' speaking their minds,anyway I'll keep a positive vibe along people who share my view and a shameless plug sa Independence Day eb sa south! Dahil holiday.hehe.(magroroadtrip Ka pa peeves sa north? Kita ko sa fb) hehe

Offline musicianurse28

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 10:07:56 PM »
Wala akong nakitang may sinabing mali dito o kaiinisan ng musico(musikero for some..) na marunong umintindi. Kaya mataas respeto ko sa mga kagaya niyo mod Incx, mod drumster, mod Riff, harugrugrug, kuya pao vivas at ralph to name a few.

Actually sa FB, yung mga foreign musician groups ang sarap sa kanila. Sharing knowledge and ideas, posting kits, snares, pedals, and minsan mga licks pa at pyesa mismo. Kung ganun din sana dito at lalo na wala ring away, issue o gulo sateng munting lahi sa musika, tiyak mas makabuluhan at lalong tatangkilikin. Di gaya ng tinutukoy ni mod Incx na "tropa".
Planning for a Band Rehearsal Studio business. Baka may alam kayong space for rent around QC area lang. Please PM me. Thank you.

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 10:21:18 PM »
Wala akong nakitang may sinabing mali dito o kaiinisan ng musico(musikero for some..) na marunong umintindi. Kaya mataas respeto ko sa mga kagaya niyo mod Incx, mod drumster, mod Riff, harugrugrug, kuya pao vivas at ralph to name a few.

Actually sa FB, yung mga foreign musician groups ang sarap sa kanila. Sharing knowledge and ideas, posting kits, snares, pedals, and minsan mga licks pa at pyesa mismo. Kung ganun din sana dito at lalo na wala ring away, issue o gulo sateng munting lahi sa musika, tiyak mas makabuluhan at lalong tatangkilikin. Di gaya ng tinutukoy ni mod Incx na "tropa".

Amen! Hehe.. Sharing lang dapat. :-D
I'd prefer Musiko than musikero,hehe

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 09:15:04 AM »
I'm relatively "younger" here in pinoydrums compared to you guys so I can't really comment on how it was before...the only thing is I also noticed a decline in postings both in quantity and quality, particularly starting late last year until today...this became more evident when I got into the guitars forum recently when I had a craving for a mini amp...sa dami ng posts di ko na masundan kung nasan yung sa akin...my realization is let's face it, for most of pinoys, the guitar is perhaps more accessible and interesting than drums...

I cannot share much, I don't even dare sometimes since most of you know so much...some of them may be so trivial to you already

anyway, based on experience, I don't get to participate much when I'm busy with work (hassle but if this is where your juice comes from you can't do anything about it!), chores (haha you have to make the person who lets you do your thing happy), and, sad to say, minsan nawawalan ka ng ganang mag drums (dahil di ko ma address ang pag ka gas!) so hawa na rin ang pagtingin sa forum...

and another thing din...ala akong fezbook, i don't see the need for it right now so safe ako sa mga away at kaguluhan na binabanggit nyo :-D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:19:32 AM by gss »

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 09:50:58 AM »
Also...dati kasi dark ages pa tayo sa knowledge about rudiments, gear, venues, etc. kaya ang buhay ng tanungan. Internet content is richer nowadays.

Di pa rin bro eh, If you look at most of the posts in the FB Groups, most of them are google-able questions. :| mas madali lang kasi for them to use facebook. tska syempre, walang hiding behind the Forum Name.

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 07:57:47 PM »
I think tamad na sila mGtype ng login,hehe,at nakasave na lang account nila sa Facebook so no more login,
I'm relatively "younger" here in pinoydrums compared to you guys so I can't really comment on how it was before...the only thing is I also noticed a decline in postings both in quantity and quality, particularly starting late last year until today...this became more evident when I got into the guitars forum recently when I had a craving for a mini amp...sa dami ng posts di ko na masundan kung nasan yung sa akin...my realization is let's face it, for most of pinoys, the guitar is perhaps more accessible and interesting than drums...

I cannot share much, I don't even dare sometimes since most of you know so much...some of them may be so trivial to you already

anyway, based on experience, I don't get to participate much when I'm busy with work (hassle but if this is where your juice comes from you can't do anything about it!), chores (haha you have to make the person who lets you do your thing happy), and, sad to say, minsan nawawalan ka ng ganang mag drums (dahil di ko ma address ang pag ka gas!) so hawa na rin ang pagtingin sa forum...

and another thing din...ala akong fezbook, i don't see the need for it right now so safe ako sa mga away at kaguluhan na binabanggit nyo :-D

But your reply means we can still revive this humble forum. Hindi naman po marami alam ang Lahat dito,it's more of their opinions lang din naman. :-D

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
im IN!!!
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline dualdeath

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 10:26:58 AM »
namatay ba ang pinoydrums? hehe matagal na ko member pero ngayon lang ako naging active tsaka ngayon ako naamaze sa mga drummers kaya gusto ko rin matuto magdrums..

masasabi ko lang.. We're all born with a beat inside.. a heartbeat.. I think drums is the best way to let that beat out..

hintayin nyo ko gumaling.. ahahahahaha in the meantime, tulungan nyo ko sa kabilang thread kung ano maganda e-drums for a beginner, a newbie if you may, like me..  :lol:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »
namatay ba ang pinoydrums? hehe matagal na ko member pero ngayon lang ako naging active tsaka ngayon ako naamaze sa mga drummers kaya gusto ko rin matuto magdrums..

masasabi ko lang.. We're all born with a beat inside.. a heartbeat.. I think drums is the best way to let that beat out..

hintayin nyo ko gumaling.. ahahahahaha in the meantime, tulungan nyo ko sa kabilang thread kung ano maganda e-drums for a beginner, a newbie if you may, like me..  :lol:

di naman kailangang magaling para magpost dito brother :D kailangan lang ng open mind at interest to learn :D

nung nagstart ako dito ganun din ako, newbie, nakapalo lang ng the reason ng hoobastank. hahaha dahil sa tulong ng mga tao dito, marami rami na rin akong natutunan :D both drumming and sa pakikisalimuha sa ibang tao :D #naks #Drama

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 11:38:32 AM »
But your reply means we can still revive this humble forum. Hindi naman po marami alam ang Lahat dito,it's more of their opinions lang din naman. :-D

That's a yes, that's what I meant sir...haha ang maganda sir opinion ng marunong gaya nyo

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 01:44:39 PM »
That's a yes, that's what I meant sir...haha ang maganda sir opinion ng marunong gaya nyo

Mukhang marunong lang ako!madaldal lang ako,hehe,si Ralph din! Nangungulit lang kami! Hehe,joke
The term siguro would be meron lang knowledge somehow to support our opinion. ^-^

di naman kailangang magaling para magpost dito brother :D kailangan lang ng open mind at interest to learn :D

nung nagstart ako dito ganun din ako, newbie, nakapalo lang ng the reason ng hoobastank. hahaha dahil sa tulong ng mga tao dito, marami rami na rin akong natutunan :D both drumming and sa pakikisalimuha sa ibang tao :D #naks #Drama

Tomoooooooo! Well said!

#idolkopadincolaiutabhwahahahaaaaaa #yayainmonamanakosagigmominsanralph

Hehe,Oks! Lahat naman ng idol natin na drummers like alba,regalado,bagets,mar e nag simula sa beginner so relax lang,be patient and warmup! Baka mainjure,hehe

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »
EB na!
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline paeng074

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »
OO buhayin tong pinoydrums para naman hindi lang din puro FB page drum ang napupuntahan naten tambayan din natin tong pinoydrums..!!
I Swear I wont miss a BEAT