hulika

Author Topic: Edirol UA-25 vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2  (Read 4518 times)

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
Edirol UA-25 vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
« on: August 17, 2015, 07:38:20 PM »
Hi Guys,

I can't find any good review or comparison with this 2 USB Interface on the web.
So just a simple question..
Replacing a Edirol UA-25 with Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, is it really an upgrade?

Hindi ko pa na ta try yung Scarlett 2i2 and a gentleman from south offered a temporary swap so I can use his Edirol UA-25. My experience with Edirol UA-25 is somehow great, except for the "Advanced Mode" feature of this device.
You need to press record/play button at the back to start recording/playing with a 96kHz sample rate. if that doesn't make any sense here's a shorter explanation.
96 kHz recording or 96 kHz playback. You must choose one.
Medyo hindi nakaka tuwa na you'll switch a button every time you want to record or play something at 96kHz rate.
aaannd you must disconnect your device for the switching of button to take effect.

soo.. this Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, can it overpower or match the performance of this older interface? talking about the overall feature.
Please disregard the MIDI I/O and Digital I/O of Edirol.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Edirol UA-25 vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 11:36:27 AM »
Edirol ssems to ahve more features bro. the Scarlett kasi is more of a WYSIWYG interface. whilst the edirol has bells and whistles like the built in limiter and more outputs.

i think im going edirol.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 12:34:50 AM »
Edirol ssems to ahve more features bro. the Scarlett kasi is more of a WYSIWYG interface. whilst the edirol has bells and whistles like the built in limiter and more outputs.

i think im going edirol.

hmmmm thank you sir.
meron po ba kayong ma i rerecommend na audio interface na halos ka presyo ng focusrite scarlett 2i2? pero mas ok?
mykang mahihieapan ako mag hanap nito  :eek:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:08:15 AM »
hmmmm thank you sir.
meron po ba kayong ma i rerecommend na audio interface na halos ka presyo ng focusrite scarlett 2i2? pero mas ok?
mykang mahihieapan ako mag hanap nito  :eek:

wala paps. the scarlett is the best in that price range na eh. IMHO kasi, mas mganda parin si scarlett kesa sa AVID/MAudio Interfaces.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 03:40:43 PM »
wala paps. the scarlett is the best in that price range na eh. IMHO kasi, mas mganda parin si scarlett kesa sa AVID/MAudio Interfaces.

hmmm look at this audio interface sir..

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/audio_interfaces/ur_serie/modelle/ur22.html

I'm not really sure kung magkano ba yan dito satin or kung meron ba.
Thanks sa help sir ralph  :wave:
pag iisipan ko muna kung Steiberg ba or Focusrite. I'm still comparing the reviews  :)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 03:49:27 PM »
hmmm look at this audio interface sir..

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/audio_interfaces/ur_serie/modelle/ur22.html

I'm not really sure kung magkano ba yan dito satin or kung meron ba.
Thanks sa help sir ralph  :wave:
pag iisipan ko muna kung Steiberg ba or Focusrite. I'm still comparing the reviews  :)

maganda rin yang steinberg. pero wala ata dito na locally available. and tancha ko mas mahal yan kesa sa scarlett.

Offline kingjamm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 04:18:32 PM »
Interesting... When using either ableton or Pro Tools. I do notice that it only has 1 output for headphones, but my question is when in the software does it allow the headphones to have it's own audio output in the settings? therefor making Headphone Cueing for specific sounds for vocal recording be possible?
"A good composer does not imitate; he steals" ~ Igor Stravinsky

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
Interesting... When using either ableton or Pro Tools. I do notice that it only has 1 output for headphones, but my question is when in the software does it allow the headphones to have it's own audio output in the settings? therefor making Headphone Cueing for specific sounds for vocal recording be possible?

Hi
I didn't quite  understand your question but this might help..
if you are trying to get the direct output from the line input of your device(interface) there might be a volume-like pan, toggle button or switch for input and playback somewhere near the headphone input.. turn it to where the "Input" Label is.. or "Playback" to listen from your software.

maganda rin yang steinberg. pero wala ata dito na locally available. and tancha ko mas mahal yan kesa sa scarlett.

Wala talaga akong makitang Steinberg :) Focusrite 2i4 binili ko(sale sa JB Music).. and I'm really impressed.. awesome preamps.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:28:42 PM by robinonibor »

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 03:35:44 PM »
Hi
I didn't quite  understand your question but this might help..
if you are trying to get the direct output from the line input of your device(interface) there might be a volume-like pan, toggle button or switch for input and playback somewhere near the headphone input.. turn it to where the "Input" Label is.. or "Playback" to listen from your software.

Wala talaga akong makitang Steinberg :) Focusrite 2i4 binili ko(sale sa JB Music).. and I'm really impressed.. awesome preamps.

good choice paps!:D congrats!