hulika

Author Topic: Karma/Reputation/Feedback System *merged*  (Read 60082 times)

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: New Feature: Seller Feedback
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2013, 11:35:38 PM »
Previously, under our post count was a Karma count. Now it's replaced by Seller Feedback. Can the mods explain to us how do we get merit or demerit points? This will be really helpful when selling our gears. Back then, I always keep a record of my transactions and the seller/buyer's comments at the Buy and Sell Reference Thread. With this new function, dealing with forumers will be easier with regards to credibility.

More power PhilMusic.

I just made that modification a few minutes ago. Still drafting how this would go though. I would post updates later on the day (I'm on night shift so that's technically tomorrow lol!)  :-D

Update 12/19/2013:

I'll be utilizing the pre-existing Classifieds: Buy and Sell Reference Thread as the report thread per board. forumites would need to provide detailed feedback as well as the link to the item bought/sold. upon mod concurrence, mods would then appoint the necessary feedback point to the said seller. 

Q: Could forumites provide feedback points themselves instead?
A: Nope. though majority of the forumites are trustworthy, we still can't take the risk of having a trigger happy forumite assigning feedback points just for the heck of it or worst..

Q: Could we trust the mods to give objective feedback?
A: Yes. duly assigned mods would base their actions from the feedback made by said forumite to a certain seller and not due to subjective/personal reasons. they are mods for a distinct reason after all.

We would be appending more rules and regulations based on feedback and deliberation as we go along the way. Any other questions or suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:33:41 AM by Riff_6603 »

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Talk.Philmusic.com is now fully operational
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2013, 03:16:21 AM »
napansin nyo ba yung forum status, meron anng philmusic sa unahan!! halimbawa "philmusic forum fanatic"
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: Re: Talk.Philmusic.com is now fully operational
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2013, 05:44:51 AM »
napansin nyo ba yung forum status, meron anng philmusic sa unahan!! halimbawa "philmusic forum fanatic"

yeah. changed it back to normal though since some of the mods found it as somewhat redundant. been tinkering under the hood recently. :-D

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2013, 04:15:15 AM »
Cc: Post

@TS - hope you don't mind me posting this for the benefit of educating other forumites:

How can we provide a link of the item sold if the link was already erased by the mods? Like when I marked my item "SOLD" on the thread title. When I tried to check it again by using the url I saved, I cannot access it anymore. Medyo mahirap ata yung magbibigay pa ng link? Anyway, these are my transactions for reference:

Reply 707 http://talk.philmusic.com/?index.php/topic=28614.msg2722561.html#msg2722561

Reply 1022 http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=28614.msg3588143#msg3588143

I was supposed to integrate all of my deals on one post (on 707). Unfortunately, there is a maximum number of characters that can be inputted so I made a new post for it (on 1022).

According to the above:

Since toybitz implemented his new rule of maintaining 1 to 2 pages of thread in the classifieds, all of the comments I received from forumers were deleted. Would this be a little unfair for some of us members putting an effort to get our buyers to comment on that one specific thread for future reference and/or credibility, and just having it deleted by a mod?

You may be or may not be aware of this issue but I have discussed this before with toybitz. Unfortunately, he cannot revert back what he has deleted.

Since this was just newly implemented, only transactions from today moving forward would be counted, as it would be too tedious for all of us to backtrack on each transaction that had transpired in the past. I agree with you that we cannot base points from anything once a said thread has been deleted. However, what we mods had talked about and had agreed to in the last mod meeting was we'll be retaining threads good for a year before deleting it. With that in mind, there would be more than enough time for us to check and provide appropriate seller feedback. as for the seller feedback point system, we'll be providing 1 seller point per item transaction. we'll be basing it from buyer feedback good from the implemented date moving forward.

re thread maintenance, what I'm looking at here is getting buyers to comment on the seller feedback thread instead of the TS threads. That way, feedback would be consolidated under one thread. Numerous feedback on a single item wouldn't be counted more than the necessary seller point earned just in case some people opt to do certain sneaky moves. :-P

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2013, 04:21:43 AM »
Cc: Post

@TS - hope you don't mind me posting this for the benefit of educating other forumites:

I don't mind.

lol can't edit my message above. spell/grammar cheeeeck
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2013, 10:29:45 AM »
Additional FAQ:

Q: Could I get seller points from all the transactions that I've had ever since?
A: Since it would be too tedious for all us mods to backtrack on each and every one, base timeline for all seller points would start from today (01/20/2013) moving forward.

Q: Could I get them to provide feedback on my thread instead?
A: Yes. but it's easier for us (and everyone else for that matter) to check the seller report thread as trade reference. We don't have the time to check all your threads just too see if you have any successful transactions for points etc.

Q: Would I get more points if I get more feedback?
A: That depends. 1 feedback per 1 transaction = 1 point. Multiple feedback on a single transaction or feedback on an already sold item prior to the base timeline wouldn't be counted. those who are foolish enough to commit sneaky moves won't only demerit points, but also would be given negative feedback on top of temporary suspension. it's that harsh.

Offline DyuN_whamMe

• ♪ ♫ ♮ ♭ ♯ ♩ ♬
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »
i hope philmusic should honor the buyer/seller feedback on different sites too such sulit.com.ph or etc.
just a suggestion.
thanks and more power.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:23:35 PM by DyuN_whamMe »

Offline DyuN_whamMe

• ♪ ♫ ♮ ♭ ♯ ♩ ♬
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
I don't mind.

lol can't edit my message above. spell/grammar cheeeeck
:-D

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »
ahhhmm.,  I think., the buyer should also earn a point for every successful transaction... What say you?  :?

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2013, 02:55:30 PM »
i hope philmusic should honor the buyer/seller feedback on different sites too such sulit.com.ph or etc.
just a suggestion.
thanks and more power.

We're looking at keeping it within PM's classified's only. cool suggestion though! :-D

ahhhmm.,  I think., the buyer should also earn a point for every successful transaction... What say you?  :?

great idea chief! I'll discuss this with the mods if it's possible to add this feature. for sure pwede yun, kailangan lang mahanap yung add-on feature for it. thanks! :wave:

UPDATE:
I'm changing it to "Classifieds Feedback" instead to represent both buyer and seller standing. Can't seem to find an available smfmod for dual karma functions.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:28:00 PM by Riff_6603 »

Offline robertshanepascual

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
yeah. changed it back to normal though since some of the mods found it as somewhat redundant. been tinkering under the hood recently. :-D

instead, the feedback points has been changed to "classifieds feedback". I find it nice for the incomming members to determine what is that point count in the User's profile and to avoid the potential hard to deal with people also.  ^-^
just groove with it and everything will be allright...

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: UPDATED FEATURE: CLASSIFIEDS FEEDBACK
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2013, 11:35:25 AM »
So here's the thing. the "Classifieds Feedback" system was used to be known as "Karma". the "Karma" system was pretty vague, mods only found use for it in general to "smite" violators in general or "applaud" certain members as we find fit (e.g. rockophoria creating an IOS app for PM etc.)

Now, since I updated it to act specifically as "Classifieds Feedback" recently, here are certain clarifications:

• Q: You might have either a positive or negative feedback already, prior to the feedback function change. Could one have them updated or reset?
  • A: That depends. If you already have positive feedback and still want it reset, you've earned my respect for setting a fair game. If you have negative feedback and want it reset, well, we do have certain considerations to follow:
Why do I have negative feedback?
  • You violated PM's rules and regulations (not necessarily restricted to the classifieds rules and regulations but in general)
  • You posted a non-musical item in the unclassifieds board.
  • Q: Since my negative feedback was a remnant from the previous karma function, could I have it reset then?
  • A: Yes. I could reset it for you. but here's the catch: I'll be giving you a warning point instead. you still violated a rule and we're not looking at forgetting about it anytime soon. it is fair enough IMHO. (at least this time, you could earn back your worth.. or posting capabilities for that matter). But if you violated a classifieds rule, well then, it's your fault for not reading the rules and regulations.
  • Q: What's a warning point? I don't get it..
  • A: Well, you could check out the details here:
NEW FEATURE: MOD WARNING NOTIFICATION
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283677.0

Questions? Just do let me know!

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2013, 02:46:30 AM »
instead, the feedback points has been changed to "classifieds feedback". I find it nice for the incomming members to determine what is that point count in the User's profile and to avoid the potential hard to deal with people also.  ^-^

yup. detailed info here chief:

UPDATED FEATURE: CLASSIFIEDS FEEDBACK
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283531.0

Offline robertshanepascual

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2013, 08:47:18 AM »
yup. detailed info here chief:

Thanks Bro Riff_6603  ^-^ , Everyone should be informed about this.
just groove with it and everything will be allright...

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2013, 02:53:46 AM »
Thanks Bro Riff_6603  ^-^ , Everyone should be informed about this.

yup! once we get sir jim's approval, all post counts would be removed for all classifieds boards. the feedback credits would then stand as the buyer's or seller's basis of worth/trustworthiness when dealing with transactions moving forward.

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2013, 05:25:58 PM »
so how does this work?

say ive sold something. where does the buyer leave a feedback about me? shouldnt it be best placed on my profile ala amazon seller?
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2013, 12:00:31 AM »
so how does this work?

say ive sold something. where does the buyer leave a feedback about me? shouldnt it be best placed on my profile ala amazon seller?

Buyer feedback could be placed in the pre-existing "Classifieds: Buy and Sell Reference Thread" as well. I already gave points to sellers based from buyer feedback. si Gunslinger 13 yung pinakarecent na nakakuha ng seller feedback point.

Offline mahalalalay

• Netizen Level
CLASSIFIEDS FEEDBACK INQUIRY *merged*
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »
How do I give feed back to someone? I read the stuff and I still don't get it hahah sorry!
Succesful deals with
Kenzu,  pao2pao16, tokwatoinoink, bumbum, greywall, Albert babaylan from finpot,Adev, anjoinacay,Taoistguitarist, amanda

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: CLASSIFIEDS FEEDBACK INQUIRY *merged*
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2013, 05:43:21 AM »

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Classifieds Feedback
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2013, 07:25:05 AM »
question mods, i know there is a way and will you be thinking of making the classified feedback "comment" field mandatory before a user submits a classified feedback to a user and make it public ? as you can see i have 2 negative feedbacks on my profile and i am not sure who did it or why baka napag tripan lang ako or meron lang trigger happy mag click ng negative feedback. making it public and have a mandatory comment why would be really be helpful i hope you guys do understand what i mean. for the last 6 months i have very limited transactions here in pm and most of them hindi natutuloy due to my very busy schedule at work and i am actually the seller and i am not a buy and seller. i always politely ask users interested sa mga items ko na sobrang busy ako and baka pwede mag meet sa lugar na pareho kami comfortable at time. i was trying to figure out if one of those was a transaction na hindi na tuloy dahil sa meeting place cause madami akong nakausap at dapat makaka deal na tinatanggihan na medyo a-hole kausap na gusto ako ang pumunta sa place nila or nang lo lowball at pag di ako nag respond i get really negative texts from them.

regards,
pm user  bugoy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:28:23 AM by bugoy »

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Classifieds Feedback
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2013, 03:45:28 AM »
so.., hindi pala na-a-advise ang forumer kung bakit at kanino galing ang classified feedback   :?
medyo may flaw nga pag ganun., kasi., pwede ako makipag-conspire sa isang forumer para maka-gain ng + feedback...  :-\

whatchathink good sirs?

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »
I got 1- negative feedback,,, assuming I posted the non-music gear related in classified ads...

Offline bwizett

« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2013, 04:43:11 PM »
dapat legit ung transaction sa mga feedback, sa isa ko pong forum neutral grounds, non music related ganito rin hitsura nung site, nakakapaglagay kami nang mga trade feedbacks sana me feature ding ganun dito  :-)
Quitting ka bah kamo?!? eh bakit retail value pa rin ang presyuhan mo!!!

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »
question mods, i know there is a way and will you be thinking of making the classified feedback "comment" field mandatory before a user submits a classified feedback to a user and make it public ? as you can see i have 2 negative feedbacks on my profile and i am not sure who did it or why baka napag tripan lang ako or meron lang trigger happy mag click ng negative feedback. making it public and have a mandatory comment why would be really be helpful i hope you guys do understand what i mean. for the last 6 months i have very limited transactions here in pm and most of them hindi natutuloy due to my very busy schedule at work and i am actually the seller and i am not a buy and seller. i always politely ask users interested sa mga items ko na sobrang busy ako and baka pwede mag meet sa lugar na pareho kami comfortable at time. i was trying to figure out if one of those was a transaction na hindi na tuloy dahil sa meeting place cause madami akong nakausap at dapat makaka deal na tinatanggihan na medyo a-hole kausap na gusto ako ang pumunta sa place nila or nang lo lowball at pag di ako nag respond i get really negative texts from them.

regards,
pm user  bugoy

Here's my answer:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283531.msg3877111#msg3877111

So here's the thing. the "Classifieds Feedback" system was used to be known as "Karma". the "Karma" system was pretty vague, mods only found use for it in general to "smite" violators in general or "applaud" certain members as we find fit (e.g. rockophoria creating an IOS app for PM etc.)

Now, since I updated it to act specifically as "Classifieds Feedback" recently, here are certain clarifications:

• Q: You might have either a positive or negative feedback already, prior to the feedback function change. Could one have them updated or reset?
  • A: That depends. If you already have positive feedback and still want it reset, you've earned my respect for setting a fair game. If you have negative feedback and want it reset, well, we do have certain considerations to follow:
Why do I have negative feedback?
  • You violated PM's rules and regulations (not necessarily restricted to the classifieds rules and regulations but in general)
  • You posted a non-musical item in the unclassifieds board.
  • Q: Since my negative feedback was a remnant from the previous karma function, could I have it reset then?
  • A: Yes. I could reset it for you. but here's the catch: I'll be giving you a warning point instead. you still violated a rule and we're not looking at forgetting about it anytime soon. it is fair enough IMHO. (at least this time, you could earn back your worth.. or posting capabilities for that matter). But if you violated a classifieds rule, well then, it's your fault for not reading the rules and regulations.
  • Q: What's a warning point? I don't get it..
  • A: Well, you could check out the details here:
NEW FEATURE: MOD WARNING NOTIFICATION
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283677.0

Questions? Just do let me know!

so.., hindi pala na-a-advise ang forumer kung bakit at kanino galing ang classified feedback   :?
medyo may flaw nga pag ganun., kasi., pwede ako makipag-conspire sa isang forumer para maka-gain ng + feedback...  :-\

whatchathink good sirs?

actually nakapost sa feedback thread kung kanino galing at bakit deserve ng isang forumite ang point (either positive or negative) wherein which the mods review and double check prior to nominating the feedback point to the said forumite.

dapat legit ung transaction sa mga feedback, sa isa ko pong forum neutral grounds, non music related ganito rin hitsura nung site, nakakapaglagay kami nang mga trade feedbacks sana me feature ding ganun dito  :-)

care to expound re the details? pwede naman natin i-adapt yung concept if ever.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2013, 08:33:50 AM »
cant you just make it ebay or tipidpc style when you look at the user's profile you see on the fly the feedbacks and the reasons ? ebay and tipidpc are big sites and there's a reason why they do that. what you're doing is unfair and does not makes sense at all. i had 2 transaction almost made but the person im dealing with backed out because he said i had 2 negative feedbacks without them even knowing how i got them. do you think they would bother to look and search to the other forum or thread and browse through the pages just to see how i got them ? unlike if you had them attached to my profile and can see them asap like tipidpc or ebay style ? i know pwede to nag setup na ko ng madaming forums and i had set this feature up before sa simple machines and phpbb
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:36:51 AM by bugoy »