hulika

Author Topic: Remember Mike Turner and the Band "Battery"  (Read 15852 times)

Offline calypso_13

Re: Remember Mike Turner and the Band "Battery"
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 08:41:43 PM »
Hehe. Really love this. It would be cool if they would have a new release.

@jimyjames: Really? pirated yung cd na nabili ko. I think bought it for 70php ata.. bago pa lang nauuso yung piracy nun. Sa Nu107 ko narinig yung Toxic Hate, and luckily my nakita ako Battery album. I played the whole album na derederecho, sometimes two rounds pa! Haha I was very addicted sa Battery during those days  :-D
Hehe.. Really good stuff

Offline stompmoko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 09:52:49 PM »
Ei stomp, anyone who's into Battery is my friend.

We got off on the wrong foot at the other thread... my bad.
Pls accept my apologies for making nasty remarks against you...
It was a momentary lapse of judgment (parang Pink Floyd :-D)

No excuses here... I just love Doc Rick. a Vietnam Vet, a Harley dude, Fender expert, an axeman "par excellence", a Woodstock alumni... wish he was the father w/c I never had...

Wadja say stomp? beers & cheers :-D  God Bless!

sorry for the OT guys. back to MT.

no problem here bro, keep up the faith  :-) up for MT
color of the day is monkey sh1t brown

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 11:13:09 PM »
no problem here bro, keep up the faith  :-) up for MT

AYT!!!  I wuz humbled by your attitude bro. May your tribe increase!  I'd put a stop on this "toxic hate" thing :-D :lol:   God Bless!

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »
Hehe. Really love this. It would be cool if they would have a new release.

@jimyjames: Really? pirated yung cd na nabili ko. I think bought it for 70php ata.. bago pa lang nauuso yung piracy nun. Sa Nu107 ko narinig yung Toxic Hate, and luckily my nakita ako Battery album. I played the whole album na derederecho, sometimes two rounds pa! Haha I was very addicted sa Battery during those days  :-D

The band is really awesome! Did you get to see them live? On any given day, Battery can kick Slapshock, Greyhoundz, & Kjwan's asses :-D or any of those so called rap/metal; rap/core; funk/gangsta or whatever type of music these rockstars wannabees may call it. 

Most of these bands got egos as big as the fort, but when it's Battery's turn to play on stage, their jaws drop & their balls shake :-D :lol:

Thing is, MT's attitude towards all of these is that of humility. He doesn't do drugs, alcohol, smokes or engage in Sodom & Gomorrah activities like the rest of the faux rockstars...

MT evangelizes through his music, giving glory, honor & praise to God. I'm not his publicist... It's just that we were into guitars, big bikes, tattoos, Praise & worship / youth ministry... & I was w/ the band @ almost all of the Summer Slam events, the launching of their 2nd album, radio interviews, farewell concert, farewell acoustic gig, despedida party, kulang nalang mag hatid ako sa NAIA :-D :lol:

Let's try to convince MT to come back... calling Jaedee of the Edge Radio, Jordan of perfect rhythm...

Offline tattooedturners

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 11:50:50 PM »
HEY THERE EVERYBODY.

Thanks for all your words.  I am doing well.. still playing, writing, etc.  I was in Hollywood for a few years.  I actually got to pastor two guys who are well known engineers/producers (Alice in Chains, Jane's Addiction, Offspring, Social Distortion, Rob Zombie).. That was cool. I am in FL now and have a new band called Glasgow Kiss.. brand new so nothing recorded yet.  We are doing my new stuff and covers  to play here in Tallahassee clubs.  We were practicing in Creed's old warehouse and people were saying we sounded better so that was a nice boost for a new band!

more later,,,,,,,,,   oh, yeah.. if you want Battery tunes email me and I will put the songs on Myspace for download.. www.myspace.com/michaelturner

I have the Breed Amusing, BATTERY 1, and the unreleased Battery Divine Intervention.

Michael

PS.........hi Jimmy!  miss you, bud!

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 01:17:07 AM »
Hey Mike, Great to hear fm you buddy. Wow! 1st post!  I guess the the big guy up there showed you this thread... A lot of guys here at Philmusic remember those Pulp events half a decade back... they still remember the guitar riffs of toxic hate, rage, & the classic "Come to Me", the first praise & worship song on MTV 8-)

Can't wait to hear Glasgow Kiss. You still got the Flying V?  or the sunburst Epi Les Paul? I heard that you hooked up w/ Perf & Wolf & did the Hollywood club circuit ( fm yahoo rock groups )...

Chad Robles is now an Ibby endorser 8-)  Haven't heard fm Glenn... your drummer invited me to play for his band, The Bruss Monkees, Big Band Jazz :lol:
thing is I couldn't do the six nights a week sched...

Joyce & Ron got a Christian Internet Radio thing goin, while Jordan got his regular sunday program, "Perfect Rhythm". He got to interview Reuben Morgan ( Hillsong), Sonic Flood, Planet Shakers, Delirious, Katinas,... but I didn't see him at Tommy Walker's gig last month.  Tommy's gutar playing was really awesome, bluesy, clean tone kinda like Eric Johson,  but Tom can shred like Frank Gambale :-D  had a chance to chat w/ Tommy, he's really an evangelist/axe slinger, a man of God, w/ such humility.

ei Mike, what covers does Glasgow Kiss gets to play? if you've got vids of your latest gigs, pls post the link here. A lot of guitar players still remember you mike, any chance of your new band touring Asia? If ever you need a hand in production work here, count me in. I'll get the best Laney Full Stalk for your comeback concert :-D :lol: 

Hey, how about a "Live" interview w/ Jordan so everyone will have an update on your new band? or a live stream at the Edge Radio? I'm brainstorming by myself :-D :lol: & my adrenalin is pumping right now... AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! :-D

Until then, take care of yourself man. Regards to your family. God bless.

Christ Rules! Jesus Rocks!!!

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 01:24:04 AM »
OT:

meron pa bang CD na mabibili sa mga store?
meron kasi ako copy pero cassette, tsaka sira na.

nakakahiya naman kung mag ask ako ng site for DLs

salamat

fm the man himself...

oh, yeah.. if you want Battery tunes email me and I will put the songs on Myspace for download.. www.myspace.com/michaelturner

I have the Breed Amusing, BATTERY 1, and the unreleased Battery Divine Intervention.

Michael

answered prayer diba? 8-)

Offline paperlungs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 04:27:51 AM »
fm the man himself...

oh, yeah.. if you want Battery tunes email me and I will put the songs on Myspace for download.. www.myspace.com/michaelturner

Michael

answered prayer diba? 8-)

nice! i didn't know may unreleased na song! i'll wait for this! answered prayer nga!

Offline SRK

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 07:53:44 AM »
huli ko sila napanuod nung summerslam 2 sa the fort, year 2002 or 2003 ata yun (memory gap :-(), namigay pa nga si mike turner ng cassette tapes, hinagis nya sa crowd, nasalo ko pa yung isa kaya lang nalaglag din kaya ang nakakuha yung nasa likuran ko, ok tong banda na to :-D
nice boys, don't play rock n' roll..

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 07:54:59 AM »
nice! i didn't know may unreleased na song! i'll wait for this! answered prayer nga!

Ain't that cool
?  Delight in the Lord & He will give you your heart's desire.

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 09:29:50 AM »
HEY THERE EVERYBODY.

Thanks for all your words.  I am doing well.. still playing, writing, etc.  I was in Hollywood for a few years.  I actually got to pastor two guys who are well known engineers/producers (Alice in Chains, Jane's Addiction, Offspring, Social Distortion, Rob Zombie).. That was cool. I am in FL now and have a new band called Glasgow Kiss.. brand new so nothing recorded yet.  We are doing my new stuff and covers  to play here in Tallahassee clubs.  We were practicing in Creed's old warehouse and people were saying we sounded better so that was a nice boost for a new band!

more later,,,,,,,,,   oh, yeah.. if you want Battery tunes email me and I will put the songs on Myspace for download.. www.myspace.com/michaelturner

Michael

Mods, sir: I replied at this post immediately . It's gone? any chance of getting it back :? Tnx.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:21:50 PM by jimy james »

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 11:19:08 PM »
HEY THERE EVERYBODY.

Michael

Hey Mike, Great to hear fm you buddy. Wow! 1st post!  I guess the the big guy up there showed you this thread... A lot of guys here at Philmusic remember those Pulp events half a decade back... they still remember the guitar riffs of toxic hate, rage, & the classic "Come to Me", the first praise & worship song on MTV  8-)

Can't wait to hear Glasgow Kiss. You still got the Flying V?  or the sunburst Epi Les Paul? I heard that you hooked up w/ Perf & Wolf & did the Hollywood club circuit ( fm yahoo rock groups )...

Chad Robles is now an Ibby endorser  8-)  Haven't heard fm Glenn... your drummer invited me to play for his band, The Bruss Monkees, Big Band Jazz  :lol:
thing is I couldn't do the six nights a week sched...

Joyce & Ron got a Christian Internet Radio thing goin, while Jordan got his regular sunday program, "Perfect Rhythm". He got to interview Reuben Morgan ( Hillsong), Sonic Flood, Planet Shakers, Delirious, Katinas,... but I didn't see him at Tommy Walker's gig last month.  Tommy's gutar playing was really awesome, bluesy, clean tone kinda like Eric Johson,  but Tom can shred like Frank Gambale  :-D  had a chance to chat w/ Tommy, he's really an evangelist/axe slinger, a man of God, w/ such humility.

ei Mike, what covers does Glasgow Kiss gets to play? if you've got vids of your latest gigs, pls post the link here. A lot of guitar players still remember you mike, any chance of your new band touring Asia? If ever you need a hand in production work here, count me in. I'll get the best Laney Full Stalk for your comeback concert  :-D :lol:

Hey, how about a "Live" interview w/ Jordan so everyone will have an update on your new band? or a live stream at the Edge Radio? I'm brainstorming by myself  :-D :lol: & my adrenalin is pumping right now... AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! :-D
Until then, take care of yourself man. Regards to your family. God bless.

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2009, 11:31:06 PM »
GOT MY POST BACK 8-)

I replied to Mike's post immediately, around 12am. However it was gone :x but I was able to retrieve it  :-D Is there a glitch :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 11:47:55 PM »

Hey Mike, Great to hear fm you buddy. Wow! 1st post!  I guess the the big guy up there showed you this thread...

haha i forwarded this thread to him in facebook...now he's one of us now hehehe...cheers to us! :-D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:49:09 PM by wh1t33rick »
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2009, 06:55:33 AM »
@ wh1t33rick ...

AYT!

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2009, 07:26:06 AM »
whohoo! galing ah  :lol:

Offline kelmykesph

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »
HEY THERE EVERYBODY.

Michael

GODBLESS you Sir!
Miss your music, and your ministry!!!
kelmykesph@yahoo.com
+639178996413
+63 2 5635043/ +63 2 9941516

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 03:55:23 AM »
GODBLESS you Sir!
Miss your music, and your ministry!!!

Yeah Mike....we want to hear you sing "Coming Home" again... :lol:
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline kelmykesph

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 10:49:23 AM »
Yeah Mike....we want to hear you sing "Coming Home" again... :lol:

Nice one bro!!!
He's a big influence to us! Plus I cannot forget that flying V in his hands hehe! Awesome music. Great words coming from a man of God. And for us, we just continue what he started! Godbless mga tol!!!   
kelmykesph@yahoo.com
+639178996413
+63 2 5635043/ +63 2 9941516

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2009, 06:36:09 AM »
Nice one bro!!!
He's a big influence to us! Plus I cannot forget that flying V in his hands hehe! Awesome music. Great words coming from a man of God. And for us, we just continue what he started! Godbless mga tol!!!   

indeed :-)

Make God Famous

Offline makoykoy29

• Netizen Level
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2009, 12:36:36 PM »
HEY THERE EVERYBODY.

Michael

This is a wow!!ngun ko lang ncheck tong thread.. Thank you sir Mike Turner..God Bless Philmusic..

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2009, 01:13:10 PM »
Wow, he actually posted in philmusic eh? Cool! God bless in all your endeavors Mike. Hope you'd come back here and do a Battery reunion or something.

Offline makoykoy29

• Netizen Level
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »
Wow, he actually posted in philmusic eh? Cool! God bless in all your endeavors Mike. Hope you'd come back here and do a Battery reunion or something.
+1

I hope that it would possibly happen..I'll be the first man to be on that gig..MT is truly a blessing..God bless him more

Offline nitroaurora

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »
i remember him from the mid-90's,he played with The Breed with his flying-v axe and mohawk hair, he's into a lot of type of music, he always do the intro of Africa by toto almost a lot of their live gigs that i've seen,ka-church dn xa ng friend q,Victory yta un...
Successful transactions with: Ryan Peralta, MarkV, Geloboy25, Teleclem, Tristan, Dhe (Dwelo_Axeman from PGT), Nickson, Jhule77, Robinissad, Zyehj, Roei03, Anyrandomhole, J3tayag, Samishellacool

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2009, 02:45:24 PM »
MT ROCKS 4 JESUS !!!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 07:35:13 PM by jimy james »