hulika

Author Topic: Who is your drummer of the year for 2006?  (Read 8661 times)

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Who is your drummer of the year for 2006?
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 09:11:39 PM »
sa sobrang dami ng magagaling na drummer ang hirap pumili..
PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE....

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 10:17:42 AM »
Guess who?

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 01:35:36 PM »
Ahh... Neil Peart and Rush.  My all-time favorite band and my all-time number one drum hero.  :-)

I believe they're working on a new studio album right now.

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 02:10:11 PM »
Ahh... Neil Peart and Rush.  My all-time favorite band and my all-time number one drum hero.  :-)

I believe they're working on a new studio album right now.

yeah bro!
malapit na matapos..
:-D baka end of february daw...
nice!

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »
I'm just a newbie drummer so I have not heard of any drummers aside from Donati (my idol), Steve Gadd, Mike Portnoy, etc., yet. 

My local idol is Harley Alarcon. I'm not sure if he's still around, though(Philippines). Especially, if you've heard him from his former band, P.O.T. Astig talaga!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 03:35:25 PM by vdonati_fan »
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 07:47:30 PM »
jordison paborito ko eh. pero bilib din ako kay chris adler galing ng footwork nya eh.  8-)

Offline Kin

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 04:05:47 PM »
Yup. Astig pumalo si Jordison. I'm really not a big fan of their kind of metal but Jordison's playing made me believe that their music is not noise. Nice chops. And I'm loving the sound of his bass drums, bagay na bagay sa music nila.
Carpe Diem

Offline skeh

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 09:09:51 AM »
onaks- Dennis Chambers
noypi- Vic Mercado/ frank benitez

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »
Yup. Astig pumalo si Jordison. I'm really not a big fan of their kind of metal but Jordison's playing made me believe that their music is not noise. Nice chops. And I'm loving the sound of his bass drums, bagay na bagay sa music nila.
yah astig. 8-)

Offline sulpeng

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2007, 09:46:01 AM »
CHRIS ADLER (PERIOD)........ NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
!\m/ hammer and sickle \m/!

Offline xalanx

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2007, 10:35:43 AM »
for me  Danny Carey din....the 10,000 days album. I'm blown away on that album nang marinig ko yung the pot and jambi. sobra super IDOL!!!!>....... :evil:
Music is not what I do, It's who I am

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2007, 01:08:13 PM »
for me  Danny Carey din....the 10,000 days album. I'm blown away on that album nang marinig ko yung the pot and jambi. sobra super IDOL!!!!>....... :evil:

:-D mabenta si idol ha.. hehehe..

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2007, 11:35:39 PM »
dami ng fans ni carey!! Bilin ko nga ung cd nila 2 find out
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »
question lang po....Si Danny Carey po ba is from what band or is he a sessionist? Any albums or records you guys can  suggest that I could listen to? I'm really curious about him because of his growing popularity here.....

Thanks and God Bless!
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator

Offline pyong_2

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 10:23:05 PM »
question lng mga sir na danny carey fans, ano ang uniqueness na nakita niyo sa kanya compairing sa ibang drummers....like portnoy, thomas lang , weckl etc.... GDBLZ
GDBLZ

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 11:15:49 PM »
CHRIS ADLER (PERIOD)........ NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:mrgreen:

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2007, 11:32:37 PM »
question lng mga sir na danny carey fans, ano ang uniqueness na nakita niyo sa kanya compairing sa ibang drummers....like portnoy, thomas lang , weckl etc.... GDBLZ

His technical foundations, double bass mastery, creative tom-tom patterns, polyrhythms, and playing along to complex time signatures and musical phrases are Danny Carey's strong points.  And the nice thing about it is, despite his technical mastery, he somehow gives a human feel to Tool's deep, dark and eclectic style of music.  And he and his band are getting better and sounding tighter as they age.

Danny Carey is also known for integrating electronics in his drum set-up.  And his tabla lessons have given him and Tool's music an added dimension.

Danny Carey and Tool's knowledge and fascination on subjects such as metaphysics, occult, scientology and other deep/supernatural elements are reflected in their music.  Despite controversies, I think Danny Carey and Tool are an intelligent, hard-nosed group of musicians.  Listen to their music, especially the last three studio albums (Aenima, Lateralus, 10000 Years); it's no joke creating and performing that kind of music.

That's how I feel about Danny Carey.  And I'm not surprised that he emerged into drumgod status. 

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2007, 06:21:29 PM »
Danny Carey also has alot, and i mean, alot of drumming credits to his name.. Carole King, Green Jelly, Collide, Skinny Puppy, Adrian Belew, Pygmy Love Circus and a fusion band, VOLTO!

VOLTO! played at the 2005 MD Festival with guest, legendary Kirk Covington. much like Jojo Mayer's band NERVE but sadly, hindi nakasama sa DVD yung performance nila.

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2007, 02:53:30 PM »
jhoon of kapatid and kwjan is one drummer that is worth watchin..awesome chops and grooves..kudos to our pinoy drummers :mrgreen:

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2007, 03:11:02 PM »
jhoon of kapatid and kwjan is one drummer that is worth watchin..awesome chops and grooves..kudos to our pinoy drummers :mrgreen:

I agree! I've been a fan of his ever since he started out with Kapatid long ago. Cute cute niya no? hehehe

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2007, 03:34:55 PM »
Ayos yan si J-hoon! Dati sa Alternative Class Program namin, di pa siya ganun kasikat non, nag-jam sila ni Nino Avenido, cajon lang siya pero galing! Tapos nagkaroon ng isa pang open jam dati, groove setup lang siya (bass snare ride hats) tapos kaldero at kung anu-ano pang bagay ang ginamit nung ka-jam niya, ang ganda.

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2007, 03:42:33 PM »

I agree! I've been a fan of his ever since he started out with Kapatid long ago. Cute cute niya no? hehehe

cute cute?...crush mo din sya dindin..hahaha..chuvanes ka na din pala ha hehehe... :mrgreen:

galing nya sa kapatid pare..pero wala na yun cd ko ng kapatid huhuhu