hulika

Author Topic: Google aims to kill passwords by the end of this year  (Read 2979 times)

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Google aims to kill passwords by the end of this year
« on: May 24, 2016, 08:59:38 PM »
Google will begin testing an alternative to passwords next month, in a move that could do away with complicated logins for good.

The new feature, introduced to developers at the company’s I/O conference, is called the Trust API, and will initially be tested with “several very large financial institutions” in June, according to Google’s Daniel Kaufman.

Kaufman is the head of Google’s Advanced Technology and Projects group, where the Trust API was first created under the codename Project Abacus. Introduced last year, Abacus aims to kill passwords not through one super-secure replacement, but by mixing together multiple weaker indicators into one solid piece of evidence that you are who you say you are.

Among the pieces of evidence that Google suggests the Trust API could use are some obvious biometric indicators, such as your face shape and voice pattern, as well as some less obvious ones: how you move, how you type and how you swipe on the screen. With the service continually running in the background of the phone, it can keep track of whether those indicators match how it knows you use your phone.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/24/google-passwords-android?CMP=twt_gu
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Google aims to kill passwords by the end of this year
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 10:47:34 AM »
do you know why this is scary? They will have databases of our faces, our voices, our finger prints. Next thing we know we have been cloned into a robot machine. oh dear god.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 02:10:25 PM »
do you know why this is scary? They will have databases of our faces, our voices, our finger prints. Next thing we know we have been cloned into a robot machine. oh dear god.

lol ito yung nasa isip ko kahapon pa na hindi ko masabi sabi ng eksakto.

oo, parang buong identity mo isinuko mo na sa phone mo tapos nasa cloud yung personal info mo na kahit anong claim ni google na super secure eh may makaka hackpa din.

sa huli may puputok na balita na nagkaron ka ng bank account sa ibang bansa at nakapag withdraw ka ng pera na kahit sa panaginip hindi mo nahawakan.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 06:55:14 PM »
Gusto ko eh identification via DNA. Dudura ka sa identification terminal, bwahahahahaha!

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 11:26:59 PM »
Lol.  Mas maganda pa rin ang password.  Kasi hindi tangible yung security ng account,  it's in the mind.

Di tulad kapag biometrics, worst case parang pang pelikula kapag may gustong magaccess ng account mo, pwedeng putulin daliri mo,  tanggalin ang eyeball or ulo mo for your face.  Unlike kapag password,  if you dont really want to give it,  other people cannot take it.  Or if you are forced to disclose it,  walang pisikalan,  sasabihin mo lang. Haha

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Edit: hassle kapag biometrics.  Pano kapag naiwan ko yung locked phone ko sa bahay tapos kailangan ko ipaaccess sa ibang tao or kahit ung email mo wala kang access sa internet,  kailangan mo tulong ng isang kaibigan tinawagan mo para siya magaccess dahil may inaabangan kang mail. Kung biometrics ang security,  impossible nang magawa. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:30:28 PM by jepbueno »

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 07:03:46 AM »
Gusto ko eh identification via DNA. Dudura ka sa identification terminal, bwahahahahaha!

yung sina-suggest ko noon pa sa office - biometric scanner pero dila ang gamit. triple ID'ing yun = tounge mark, saliva tapos may lalabas na maliit na needle tutusukin dila mo for blood.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline brighteyesbayside

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 04:13:25 PM »

Elon Musk thinks people are more cyborg-like already, with the amount of calculations a person can do with one phone.
made an excel program to find the keys to a scale, and where to find them in a guitar's fretboard. http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=264555.0