hulika

Author Topic: SoundKitchen Recording Studio  (Read 25156 times)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
SoundKitchen Recording Studio
« on: March 23, 2003, 12:58:32 AM »
THE PRICE IS RIGHT

While other digital recording studios charge not less than P500/hr, we at SoundKitchen remain dedicated to our commitment in giving you excellent quality CD's at the most affordable rate in the market. Only P450/hr. NO extra charges -- NO after six charges, NO tech fees, NO kidding.Book a minimum of three hours and you get a FREE CD master copy of your project. That's right.  All high end instruments are at your disposal, again, FREE of charge. This is clearly the best deal in town. For a complete list of our services and rates visit the site

If you want to sample a taste of SoundKitchen gourmet MP3's, click right about here

or simply call Hazel at 4317985 or 0917 6971704
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 05:18:10 PM »
uy dito kami nagrerecord. :)

astig tlga si hazel. :P

Offline 3rd world order

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: SoundKithen Recording Studio
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 09:33:14 PM »
how can you get a decent drum sound if you're monitoring in the same room you're recording in?  do you just guess where to put the mics and hit RECORD?
aaron

Offline Valve

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 01:05:28 AM »
compress the hell out of it with pirated plugins. :wink:

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 03:38:23 PM »
True, it IS a difficult situation but i manage.

anyway, good news, friends.  SoundKitchen is upgrading.  Plug-in's as follows:

Universal Audio UAD-1 Ultra Pak with:
LA2A
Pultec EQP-1A
Neve 1176 LN
Neve 1176 SE
Cambridge EQ
CS-1 (3 modules)
DreamVerb
Fairchild 670
Nigel Cabinet Modeler (8 modules)
Plate 140
Precision EQ
Pultec Pro
RealVerb Pro

Mic pre's:
Joe Meek VC1 Studio Channel
ART Tube MP
RME Class A Fire Face 800 Pre's

Microphones:
Shure KSM32
AKG D12E
E.V. RE20
Shure SM57's

Outboard:
dbx 165 OverEasy compressor

Instruments are

drums and percussion: Priemier XPK birch/maple with Gibraltar rack, , zildjian A cymbals, cyclone tamborine, bongos, etc., Rolad Drum Trigger Pads (double kick)
guitars: all original vintage 1964 Hofner Solid Body Electric
bass: Premier Forum (US made)
amp: Fender Blues de Ville all tube 4x10 and Marshall micro-amp
stomp boxes: Boss DS-1, Boss OD2, Boss MT-2

and more!  Old rates of Php450/hr only until March, 2006.  thanks!
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 11:33:51 PM »
I've just been on the phone with Jerwin aka the real Emogeek. He says he is not this character "Jerwin Tanda" who obviously has a beef with Jerwin and is doing things to discredit him and our Band in the lowest fashion imaginable. Kindly disregard any post by this character "JerwinTanda". Thanks. BAMF
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: SoundKithen Recording Studio
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 04:56:17 AM »
Quote from: 3rd world order
how can you get a decent drum sound if you're monitoring in the same room you're recording in?  do you just guess where to put the mics and hit RECORD?

huh?

you record the usual way with mics, of course, yet MONITOR with isolation headphones - any decent mixer should have contrl room outs that can be routed to headphones instead so you don't have a feedback loop going. sound leakage might be a problem but micing drums should not be guessed - placement is pretty basic are as follows:

-condenser drum mics to all toms, bass, and snare. dynamics to the bottom of the snare and the hi-hat for mixing drum dynamics later on.
-a stereo overhead condenser pair sitting on the left and right side of the drum set for ambient mixing.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 04:24:14 PM »
:)i have to admit, the shure ksm 32 condenser sounds good on my toms. but  i'm not very brave (nor very rich) to use condensers on all toms.  instead i will be using good ol' sm 57's on tom and snare top, then a pair of AT 4040's (large diaphragm condensers) as overheads, a KSM32 on hi-hats, and RE20 on floor tom, and an AKGD12E on kick, and if everything falls according to the new plan, a dual valve condenser (the SE Gemini) as room mic.  

just an update, soundkitchen has acquired a couple of nice things already :)

Joe Meek VC 1 Studio Channel
Aphex 1100A stereo premium tube mic pre's (top of the line from Aphex)
dbx 165 Over Easy compressor (vintage classic)
EV RE20 large diaphragm dynamic mic (industry standard)
AKG D12E vintage large diaphragm dynamic mic (industry standard)
a pair of audio technica AT4040's  (japanese large diaphragm condensers)
Shure KSM 32 side address condenser mic (large diaphragm mic)
3 Shure SM57's (dynamics)
ART Tube MP
Klotz MC 5000 high grade studio cables
Samson BL3 and TL3 boom mic stands.
Premier XPK fusion kit with Zildjian A cymbals, Sabian Hihats and ride
1964 Hofner solid body electric guitar (vintage)
Peavey Forum Bass (US made)
Fender Blues Deville all tube amp (4x10)
Marshall micro amp
Boss DS-1 Japan
Boss MT-2
Boss OD-2
Boss foot wah
and lots more!

so far so good.  and coming very soon are more exciting additions. i'll keep you all posted!

http://geocities.com/soundkitchen_ph

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 10:20:26 PM »
dude kala ko 380 lang bakit sa website mo nakalagay 450/hour?
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 08:50:38 AM »
sorry dude. i posted that ad a long time ago.  (*edits*).  anyway, it's 450 per hour until the upgrade is done.  after completion of the upgrade the new rate of 600 per hour will be applied.  the price vs. quality ratio will still be awesome, and llive multi-track recording will be made possible. thanks.

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 06:06:00 AM »
hazel ayus gamit mo ha kamusta yung shipping nung mga stuff you bought from the state malaki ba tax and duties sa costom???...
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 07:00:53 AM »
hi plugzzz. like i said sa isang thread sobrang na freak out ako to have everything shipped from the states.  the other stuff i sourced out here.  yung iba naman from different suppliers dito sa asia.  i will update you very soon how it goes :)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 09:13:43 PM »
update: i've added an alesis d4 drum module to my setup. my Roland TD-7K will rise from the dead!  it is equipped with double kick triggers and will enable me to offer my clients an even faster recording experience.  as always, i am finding ways to cater to clients who need demo's on a budget without having to scarifice the quality of my work.  the d4 will serve as the "brain" for my electronic drums, translating actual drum hits into MIDI signals which will later be replaced by excellently recorded REAL drum sounds from high end models (sonor, ayotte, ludwig, etc).

i hope this works!

coming very very soon are the:

RME Fireface 800
Tascam US-2400 control surface (25 moving faders!)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 09:45:50 AM »
US-2400 arrived yesterday!

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 07:17:24 AM »
im happy to announce that the tascam us-2400 control surface is working great! 25 moving faders ... very cool, plus aux, pan, and eq functions. now i dont have to reach for the mouse 2/3 of the time :)

also, for the first time yesterday, i hooked up the aphex1100 tube mic pre.  was i blown away. it was reaaaaaally quiet and veeeery sweet. very very.  i couldn't be happier.  it offers 24/96 digital conversion (which i will be testing when the RME fireface comes in later).  so far so good :)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 11:41:53 PM »
pix!

tascam us 2400

roland td7k (double kick)

original 1964 Hofner Super Solid V2

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 05:21:35 PM »
anong software gamit mo? anong audio interface gamit right now?
Surf's Up!

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »
ive never done computer based recording before because i have always been using the roland VS-840 multi-track recorder. but now im seriously considering getting cubase sx 3.

im migrating from a stand alone unit (the roland vs 840), to computer recording.  i've purchase an RME fireface800.  it's supposed to be equipped with very good A/D converters. i will be setting it up tomorrow.
perfect timing, since my vs-840 suddenly decided to go boinkers on me. i think im having zip drive problems.

oh well ... at least tomorrow i will have the firefce :)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 10:49:22 AM »
what's great about new equipment is ...

they come with BUBBLE WRAP ...  squeeze .... squeeze ... squeezzzzz :lol:

im setting up the rme firefaceface 800 today, got it last night. many thanks to the local dealer mr. Mike Pedero of Tracks Studios, who picked up the last two remaining units from his supplier in Singapore (one for me and one for himself :))

i chose the fireface based on very good user reviews.  everywhere i looked this unit always got three thumbs up :) the fireface was also used in critical recording applications such as recording of commercially released samples.  a lot of people agree that this is probably the best A/D converters one can buy for the price, competely outdoing the converters on Tascam FW1884, MOTU HD, Digi 002, and M-Audio.   i based my purchase decision on this, and the fact that it allows a lot of simultaneous recording inputs, including 4 class a preamps (and a separate phantom power for each).  

plus i have another set of high end converters in the Aphex1100A tube mic pre's (max 96Khz).  so that one will also be one of those things used for vocals and all.

well, im about to find out for myself if this unit really is what they say it is.  *crosses fingers*

Offline kanshooter

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 02:04:45 PM »
Hail thee STARFUGGER!

I'm excited to record my solos in your newly upgraded equipment.

I've personally heard some finished products  - really "PRO SOUND"

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »
very nice. any plans on relocating somewhere nearer makati?
Surf's Up!

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 02:18:16 PM »
oops double post

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 02:23:34 PM »
not at the moment glassjaw_jc. but i can assure you it's worth the trip to qc ;)

hey kanshooter.  thanks!  those samples were recorded with four mics on the drums and the roland vs-840.  now, 10 mics on drums plus hi-end mic pre's and the rme is a quantum leap forward.  so im really expecting a considerable improvement on the overall quality, especially in resolution, depth, and imaging.

update: most of the stuff is here.  but there a couple more goodies on their way so stay tuned!

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 08:02:15 PM »
weeeeeee!  the fireface is amazing! yep, it works alright (thank God!!!).  it took me 10 minutes to get it to work in a DAW environtment, although i must admit im still a little confused about some things as this is all new to me.  

i setup 8 mics on the drums (i intend to use 9 mics all in all but the 9th mic is still not here, my secret weapon!)

anyway, i ran 2 overheads, 3 tom mics, 1 snare mic, 1 kick mic, and 1 hats mic into the fireface, hit record and started playing the drums.  everything went smoothly.  playback was good with no hiccups. latency was 3.2 ms (whatever that means, lol).  The included mixer software with RME (Total Mix) supports direct asio monitoring so this means no latency during monitoring (whatever that means again).  anyways, what i saw was what i got as the cursor played thru the wave files. punch in and out using the us2400 was instantaneous.  the jog wheel is a godsend.  faders can be fully automated, eq can be tweaked using the knobs on the 2400. im pretty sure the rme slices, dices, and does one's laundry and dishes as well but i haven't gotten around the details yet.  im happy.

well, 8 simultaneous recording tracks aren't the ultimate test though. i am almost certain playing 24 tracks with effects plugged in, while recording another 16 tracks simulatneously can be potentially disastrous with my current pc setup, so i intend to upgrade asap. plus, i still need to get things in order, build a table, an a rack, and get a couple of more items here and there.  stay tuned!

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 04:22:32 PM »
finally the UAD-1 ultra pak arrived today.  :) classic gear inside my computer are the:

La2a Leveling Amplifier
Pultec EQ-P1A Program Equalizer
1176 LN Limiting Amplifier
Fairchild 670 Vintage Mastering Compressor
EMT 140 Reverb
Dreamverb Pro Reverb Design Toolkit
Pultec Pro
CS-1 channel strip
Cambridge 5-band parametric EQ
Nigel Guitar Processor with suite of 7 plugs
EX-1 Gate & Compressor
DM-1/DM1L Delay modulators
RS-1 Reflection Engine

cheers,
Hazel