hulika

Author Topic: My Favorite Overdrive pedal!  (Read 11330 times)

Offline nochi143

Re: My Favorite Overdrive pedal!
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2011, 12:08:44 PM »
BOSS OD-1

Offline scuttlebutter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2011, 12:18:31 PM »
For me Tubescreamers and Bluesbreaker type OD pedals ang gusto ko..

I've tried the Fulltone FD II mosfet, and the Ibanez(keeley) TS09. I personally just have the BD2 keeley. (had my BD2 shipped to keeley, and he modded it for $65++)

All three sounded gorgeous.

But i would still like to hear an original Marshall Bluesbreaker, JHS Morning glory and Analogman KOT.

try mo yung bluesbreaker clone ng general guitar gadgets. very sweet overdrive.  :-)

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2011, 12:29:40 PM »
Bad Monkey... wala ng iba.
Click Here

Offline jeshwey

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2011, 12:31:29 PM »
OwdeeThreeee and Bhad Mhankeeeey! Sarap pa i-combine :)

Offline starkiller

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »
My personal favorites:
for dynamic pick-sensitive sound and flat respose -- OCDv4 clone
for compressed, smooth, sustaining, mid-peak response (think Slash sound) -- MXR GT-OD

They're very different-sounding... hard to pick just one :-) I constantly switch between them depending on my mood.

For reference, the OD3 is somewhere in between these two.  The SD1 and GT-OD are somewhat similar, but the GT-OD is smoother, and has more gain.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:21:43 PM by starkiller »

Offline moonu

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2011, 04:11:16 PM »
eto naman ang sakin  

rak n rol

8-)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 04:13:16 PM by moonu »

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2011, 04:27:55 PM »
Rave Electronics Come on Scream by Ron (paparoni). I have yet to hear anything that sounds better.
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
I recently got a Jemini from a trade. My SD-1 gave a new flavor to the green channel of the Jemini.
Just like a TS9 cascaded with a TS808.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline Igor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2016, 07:50:31 AM »

DOD Juice Box -
Shot na!!!

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »
I usually use my Damage Control Womanizer for soft cliping OD and I reserve my Radial Tonebone Hot British for hard clipping high gain tones. Just recently though, I realized the Hot British sounds great as a low gain drive too. It nails the classic edge of breakup plexi sound. Who would have thunk??? :D
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2016, 01:42:59 PM »
RAT.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2016, 04:58:24 PM »

For that always on tone, I've tried different ODs, but in the end, its the Dan Electro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive V1.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2016, 07:47:54 AM »
No matter what happens, I always end up searching for that tube screamer sound...
"Join the darkside,we have cookies."

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2016, 10:49:13 AM »
NTM,

favorite mo na pala BD-2... bawiin ko na ang Timmy! Waaaaah  c",)

just kidding... hehe
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:17:59 PM by vegetablejoe »

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
wampler euphoria
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline frivers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2016, 03:59:43 PM »
1980's yamaha od. cheap but very reliable.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2016, 04:09:40 PM »
Maybe it would be great if we can mention the amps we are running these into. As we know, dirt pedals work well with some amps and not so well with others.

My Hot British suck a** when ran into my old 80's Peavey but sounds suuuper smooth into my Micro Terrors.

Funny coz I A/B between the two Orange heads and the Peavey and it just changes from yuck to Holy F*** in a push of a button (footswitch). Haha.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline esteban4377

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2016, 07:30:04 PM »
Digitech Badmonkey!
The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall i fear....

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2016, 08:22:51 PM »
dont you think that all overdrives just sound the same??
all these are just marketing stuff to get you to spend your hard earned money on basically the same ciruits.
lumanog > denio ds > hanabishi karaoke + hanabishi electric fan

Offline frivers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2016, 03:20:27 PM »
all these are just marketing stuff to get you to spend your hard earned money on basically the same ciruits.

I was also thinking the same thing sir. I've owned the following od's maxon od808, sd1, yamaha od, zw od and an od3 but I end up selling all. Except the yamaha od because it basically does the job and the sound difference is very minimal.

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »

This has been mentioned a good many times before in other places, but while the pedals themselves will always make a guitar sound like a guitar in the end, from a player's perspective, a pedal is chosen not for the way it sounds, but also the way it feels under the guitarist's fingers. The Shredhead for example provides a more "liquid" gain that facilitates lead playing. The Boss DS-1 and the Satchurator do not do that based on experience.

You have a point though, and so I recommend that musicians who play for a living (or take the whole thing seriously) at least be aware of how their equipment work.

BTT: I have two favorite overdrive pedals. The first is an MI Audio Tube Zone, which I use mainly as a distortion/metal pedal. It is more than capable of low gain TS-type boosting, as well as treble boost/fuzz type tones.
My other favorite is the Paul Cochrane Timmy and derivatives (Danelectro Transparent Overdrive V1, Lovepedal Amp 11). This pedal is similar to the Tubescreamer in terms of circuit design, but has separate bass and treble controls, more gain range, and more volume. You can go anywhere from SRV to Yngwie with the pedal and the correct amp/guitar combo - it's that versatile. In fact I encourage every beginner guitar player looking for an all-in one overdrive to skip the Ibanez Tubescreamer or DOD250 altogether and go straight for the Timmy.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2016, 11:25:58 AM »
This has been mentioned a good many times before in other places, but while the pedals themselves will always make a guitar sound like a guitar in the end, from a player's perspective, a pedal is chosen not for the way it sounds, but also the way it feels under the guitarist's fingers. The Shredhead for example provides a more "liquid" gain that facilitates lead playing. The Boss DS-1 and the Satchurator do not do that based on experience.

You have a point though, and so I recommend that musicians who play for a living (or take the whole thing seriously) at least be aware of how their equipment work.

BTT: I have two favorite overdrive pedals. The first is an MI Audio Tube Zone, which I use mainly as a distortion/metal pedal. It is more than capable of low gain TS-type boosting, as well as treble boost/fuzz type tones.
My other favorite is the Paul Cochrane Timmy and derivatives (Danelectro Transparent Overdrive V1, Lovepedal Amp 11). This pedal is similar to the Tubescreamer in terms of circuit design, but has separate bass and treble controls, more gain range, and more volume. You can go anywhere from SRV to Yngwie with the pedal and the correct amp/guitar combo - it's that versatile. In fact I encourage every beginner guitar player looking for an all-in one overdrive to skip the Ibanez Tubescreamer or DOD250 altogether and go straight for the Timmy.

aye, them timmy variants are really great :D
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »
Paul C Tim
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2016, 10:45:20 AM »
KOT

Offline Gadreel

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2016, 01:07:54 PM »
ok rin po ba ang Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET ? san po nakakabili ng pedal na to?