hulika

Author Topic: Let's talk SG! (aka The SG Club)  (Read 220783 times)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Let's talk SG! (aka The SG Club)
« Reply #550 on: June 24, 2010, 06:59:24 AM »
mga sirs, quick question lang, ang neck na walang binding, posible ba lagyan ng binding pa? I searched sa google, puro american forums and sites, lagi nilang sinasabing pwede but not worth it, bili nalang daw ng gibson, di ko naman afford yun..T_T tanong ko po sana sainyong mga pinoy kung posible ba at kung worth it kaya? I have a small fry g400 nga pala(If that's any help)..:(

just my opinion.. it wil  be quite costly kun mgapapalagayka ng binding.. syempre kailangan itrim or iroute ng konte yung buong magkabilang gilid ng fretboard to make way for the binding.. not just that, sagad pa yung fret wires mo.. so baka kailangan pang either ifile down yung gilid ng frets para magkasya yung binding or tanggalin lahat ng frets tapos lagyan ng binding tapos irefret with shorter frets..

yun ang naiisip kong mangyayari.. a refret alone costs around 2-4k na, depende sa gagawa..

Offline omat17

• Veteran Member
« Reply #551 on: June 24, 2010, 07:09:17 AM »
just my opinion.. it wil  be quite costly kun mgapapalagayka ng binding.. syempre kailangan itrim or iroute ng konte yung buong magkabilang gilid ng fretboard to make way for the binding.. not just that, sagad pa yung fret wires mo.. so baka kailangan pang either ifile down yung gilid ng frets para magkasya yung binding or tanggalin lahat ng frets tapos lagyan ng binding tapos irefret with shorter frets..

yun ang naiisip kong mangyayari.. a refret alone costs around 2-4k na, depende sa gagawa..

Yeah, that's what I also thought, kaya tuloy feeling ko kelangan ko magsaveup para sa gibson tlga or anything similar, sana may burny for sale..Y_Y

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #552 on: June 24, 2010, 10:20:49 AM »
Yeah, that's what I also thought, kaya tuloy feeling ko kelangan ko magsaveup para sa gibson tlga or anything similar, sana may burny for sale..Y_Y

prolly the most affordable setneck MIJ sg in the classifieds today---->>> shameless plug lolz!!!

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,187500.0.html

N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline studiowan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #553 on: June 24, 2010, 02:17:16 PM »
Sir packoy, signature model nyo ba to sa elegee?
hindi naman signature,its just my custom guitar

@grayaps congrats ganda ng sg mo he he

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #554 on: June 24, 2010, 07:26:54 PM »
hindi naman signature,its just my custom guitar

@grayaps congrats ganda ng sg mo he he

Panalo talaga yung SG mo Pakoy. Di ako maka-get over. If you want the feel of an LP and the bad-ass look of the SG, swak to. Too bad I didn't get to hear it through an amp when I got the chance to noodle with it.

Offline studiowan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #555 on: June 24, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »
Panalo talaga yung SG mo Pakoy. Di ako maka-get over. If you want the feel of an LP and the bad-ass look of the SG, swak to. Too bad I didn't get to hear it through an amp when I got the chance to noodle with it.
salamat he he txt ka lang bisita ka sa bahay para ma try mo he he

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #556 on: June 24, 2010, 08:08:28 PM »
ang daming sg sa classified ngayon, nakaka gas  :evil:

Offline omat17

• Veteran Member
« Reply #557 on: June 24, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
prolly the most affordable setneck MIJ sg in the classifieds today---->>> shameless plug lolz!!!

by any chance, tumatangap ka ba ng trade plus cash?:D joke lang po.. ganda, will have to save up for it and hope na makaabot ako..T_T

Offline johnbrown

« Reply #558 on: June 25, 2010, 09:06:55 AM »

Never tried a custom SG.... Sir is it heavier than the standard and reissues?

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #559 on: June 25, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »
by any chance, tumatangap ka ba ng trade plus cash?:D joke lang po.. ganda, will have to save up for it and hope na makaabot ako..T_T

well, i can consider a 5k worth of multi or eq+tuner plus the remaining monetary amount based on the trade value. madali lang naman akong kausap e hehe

Never tried a custom SG.... Sir is it heavier than the standard and reissues?

our concept of custom being heavier than standards is quite true to LP, but not always. to sg, i would say, minute only. i may be wrong so feel free to correct me guys. the burny sg custom is lighter compared to the gibson sg on the pics. could be a lot of factors to consider. but all factors equal--wood, brand, hardware, etc, i think it would only be a slight difference on the weight, or could be none at all. now if its the gibson sg custom heavier than the gibson sg standard? well, it would be better if i could have a first hand comparison to say the least.

it's no brainer tho that the customs have block inlays and headstock and neck bindings and the standards have the trapezoid and neck bindings only. also it would be wise to say that customs are of pricier models than the standards. again with the following factors----> same brand, product line of same era, year and what-nots.
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #560 on: June 25, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »

My 1971 Gibson SG Deluxe. Nakuha ko din to recently sa fellow forumite. Baka may alam kayong pwede mabilhan ng Bigsby Trem Bar, let me know. :wink:

like this?
http://www.wdmusic.com/bigsby_arm_chrome.html
I'm ordering from this website over the weekend; baka gusto mo sumabay. :)
spanky
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline upfront

« Reply #561 on: June 25, 2010, 09:50:13 PM »
like this?
http://www.wdmusic.com/bigsby_arm_chrome.html
I'm ordering from this website over the weekend; baka gusto mo sumabay. :)
spanky

Wow! Sige bro.. How much would it cost?

Offline masarapangtaho

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #562 on: June 26, 2010, 02:32:56 PM »
got this last week. just had the time to take photos yesterday.
Epi G400 Goth with chrome hardware [got this from the_Nong]

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #563 on: June 26, 2010, 03:26:05 PM »
Wow! Sige bro.. How much would it cost?

Nice talking to you sir.. text you for updates on your order. :) thanks!
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline johnbrown

« Reply #564 on: June 26, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »
our concept of custom being heavier than standards is quite true to LP, but not always. to sg, i would say, minute only. i may be wrong so feel free to correct me guys. the burny sg custom is lighter compared to the gibson sg on the pics. could be a lot of factors to consider. but all factors equal--wood, brand, hardware, etc, i think it would only be a slight difference on the weight, or could be none at all. now if its the gibson sg custom heavier than the gibson sg standard? well, it would be better if i could have a first hand comparison to say the least.

it's no brainer tho that the customs have block inlays and headstock and neck bindings and the standards have the trapezoid and neck bindings only. also it would be wise to say that customs are of pricier models than the standards. again with the following factors----> same brand, product line of same era, year and what-nots.

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciated it!
Maybe I'm in the concept of LP's as you mentioned above.
Definitely your Burny Custom is a beauty and I know that will not last long in the adds.  :-o

Offline paulo0027

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #565 on: June 26, 2010, 06:27:20 PM »

ikaw pala nakakuha nyan..
kung may pera lang ako nun, sayang
akala mo
MARIA CLARA yun pala MARIA OZAWA

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #566 on: June 26, 2010, 10:35:17 PM »

I also got an SG from Sir Arnold. Setup palang talagang panalo na. SG's back to Roadtone for pickup replacement and adjustment of pole pieces. Next assignment is to look for a full face tuxedo pickguard :-D

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #567 on: June 26, 2010, 10:55:04 PM »
Thanks for your reply. Really appreciated it!
Maybe I'm in the concept of LP's as you mentioned above.
Definitely your Burny Custom is a beauty and I know that will not last long in the adds.  :-o

your burny lp custom might need it's shadow, a black burny sg lolz!!! talk about ebony and ivory!

but yeah, weight is not that significant, but that's me. only thing that's good about is it's neck heavy, same as gibby's. i used to have other sg brands but they don't do the neck dive. c'mon where's the sg mojo in that haha!!! some hate it, but i think it's cool!
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #568 on: June 27, 2010, 09:54:38 AM »

your burny lp custom might need it's shadow, a black burny sg lolz!!! talk about ebony and ivory!

but yeah, weight is not that significant, but that's me. only thing that's good about is it's neck heavy, same as gibby's. i used to have other sg brands but they don't do the neck dive. c'mon where's the sg mojo in that haha!!! some hate it, but i think it's cool!

same here....gotta like that neck heavy neck dive thing!  :evil:

Offline masarapangtaho

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #569 on: June 27, 2010, 06:57:17 PM »
I also got an SG from Sir Arnold. Setup palang talagang panalo na. SG's back to Roadtone for pickup replacement and adjustment of pole pieces. Next assignment is to look for a full face tuxedo pickguard :-D

you got the Diamond SG? nice.
balitaan mo ko where you're getting a fullface PG. i'm having second thoughts pa at the moment of replacing the small guard to a batwing. but i think it would be cooler. siguro in the not so distant future.

ikaw pala nakakuha nyan..
kung may pera lang ako nun, sayang

yep. the guy's great and easy to deal with. and i guess the SG bug will hit him again soon. :wink:

Offline johnbrown

« Reply #570 on: June 27, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »

I like it Ebony and Ivory!
I know how good a Japanese Burny is, but I already have 2 SG's.
Haven't felt the neck dive on both maybe because of the Kluson green tuning pegs.
What I love about the SG's is the strap button placement under the neck body joint. For me this gives the character of the guitar and feel of difference to the others...  maybe just like the ES family. :-D

Offline jov22

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #571 on: June 27, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »
mga boss tnung lang ok ba yung Ltd Viper-50 ? salamat po sa sagot

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #572 on: June 27, 2010, 09:53:39 PM »
I like it Ebony and Ivory!
I know how good a Japanese Burny is, but I already have 2 SG's.
Haven't felt the neck dive on both maybe because of the Kluson green tuning pegs.
What I love about the SG's is the strap button placement under the neck body joint. For me this gives the character of the guitar and feel of difference to the others...  maybe just like the ES family. :-D

yeah, the strap placement is one of a kind, i get to hold the guitar better than the normal. the tuners could also be a factor, put some sperzel locking and you'll dive in no time. also the strap you're using can be a factor at times. depends on the materials it's made from or the size (width) as they also contribute to the dive, how low you strap the guitar and how the beer belly will hold onto it helps hahaha!

same here....gotta like that neck heavy neck dive thing!  :evil:

cool!

N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #573 on: June 27, 2010, 11:38:08 PM »
you got the Diamond SG? nice.
balitaan mo ko where you're getting a fullface PG i'm having second thoughts pa at the moment of replacing the small guard to a batwing. but i think it would be cooler. siguro in the not so distant future.

Sure thing :-)
I just got my SG a while ago, the newly installed chrome pickups suits best with a full face tuxedo (3 ply, black/white/black) pickguard :roll:
Regarding your SG, a full face flat black pickguard is likely to suit yours :-)

Offline masarapangtaho

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #574 on: June 28, 2010, 10:57:45 AM »
Sure thing :-)
I just got my SG a while ago, the newly installed chrome pickups suits best with a full face tuxedo (3 ply, black/white/black) pickguard :roll:
Regarding your SG, a full face flat black pickguard is likely to suit yours :-)

i'm thinking of a 1-ply black or white pickguard. bahala na. not much of a priority.