hulika

Author Topic: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!  (Read 892230 times)

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Mustang/Jagstang/offset waist guitar thread!
« Reply #4000 on: April 13, 2014, 11:50:40 AM »
Not exactly offset-waist but the shape is vaguely Jazzmastery. One of my straight-up dream guitars:

Here's another one by a small-time builder in the US, not offset but it's Rxckenbacker as hell and you weirdos might like it:

Offset guitars for life.

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4001 on: April 13, 2014, 08:03:28 PM »
Not exactly offset-waist but the shape is vaguely Jazzmastery. One of my straight-up dream guitars:

Looks like a cross between a Jazzy and a doublecut LP junior :lol:
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4002 on: April 14, 2014, 09:24:32 AM »

Here's another one by a small-time builder in the US, not offset but it's Rxckenbacker as hell and you weirdos might like it:

I like it. I wonder how it sounds

Offline denden009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4003 on: April 17, 2014, 12:20:49 PM »
Noobish question: Anong string gauge ok gamitin sa Jaguar for drop b tuning?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4004 on: April 17, 2014, 01:37:24 PM »
Noobish question: Anong string gauge ok gamitin sa Jaguar for drop b tuning?

12-60 or anything in that range. Depends on what kind of Jaguar you're using. I jammed with my friends once with my best friend using a VM Jaguar with the stock bridge in drop B.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4005 on: April 17, 2014, 02:26:57 PM »
noobie question why are offsets addictive? i am really drowned to death by now!!!
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4006 on: April 17, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
noobie question why are offsets addictive? i am really drowned to death by now!!!

haha mismo..

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4007 on: April 17, 2014, 04:09:21 PM »

Well, if I had to chart it down to anything they were less common up until recently and they have a distinct sound to them in their standard form. Jaguars and Jazzmasters are bright and clear but also have a lot of punch to the tone, so it's satisfying to listen to (and we listen to bands that use them a lot) apart from being comfortable. Right now, I don't really want to own EVERY offset. Parang personally, ayoko mag Mustang ulit unless it's the Pawn Shop 'stang. Jazzmasters naman, I think I found "the one." Jaguar na lang siguro. I've owned a Mosrite, and several Jagmaster-style guitars and they're just not my cup of tea although the Mosrite does look bitchin.

Siguro, masaya na ako sa offset life ko if I get a Jaguar and a Bass VI. Ano pa ba hanap mo na offsets, guys?
Offset guitars for life.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4008 on: April 17, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »
Well, if I had to chart it down to anything they were less common up until recently and they have a distinct sound to them in their standard form. Jaguars and Jazzmasters are bright and clear but also have a lot of punch to the tone, so it's satisfying to listen to (and we listen to bands that use them a lot) apart from being comfortable. Right now, I don't really want to own EVERY offset. Parang personally, ayoko mag Mustang ulit unless it's the Pawn Shop 'stang. Jazzmasters naman, I think I found "the one." Jaguar na lang siguro. I've owned a Mosrite, and several Jagmaster-style guitars and they're just not my cup of tea although the Mosrite does look bitchin.

Siguro, masaya na ako sa offset life ko if I get a Jaguar and a Bass VI. Ano pa ba hanap mo na offsets, guys?

Im thinking of selling off the jagHH again..at least lessen the stuff i have...right now I really want a non reverse firebird..an deimel.. (dreams lang) Id love to get a true blue jazzmaster (white with red or brown tort) as medyo nakakasawa puro Humbuckers sa stable..hahaha Ive got the gibby for HB work..well see..kakatamad nadin paminsan...lalo kung wala namang tugtog or jam na regular... isa sa thrills sa madaming cool guitars is yung pag ikot ikot nila everytime may jam or gig..parang feeling ng may bagong sneakers tapos ipapanggimmik mo for the first time..haay..

di pa nagrereply yung Blackstar ht5r head selling guy..mukhnag ill be stuck with  microcubes forever... :cry:
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4010 on: April 17, 2014, 06:03:31 PM »
Im thinking of selling off the jagHH again..at least lessen the stuff i have...right now I really want a non reverse firebird..an deimel.. (dreams lang) Id love to get a true blue jazzmaster (white with red or brown tort) as medyo nakakasawa puro Humbuckers sa stable..hahaha Ive got the gibby for HB work..well see..kakatamad nadin paminsan...lalo kung wala namang tugtog or jam na regular... isa sa thrills sa madaming cool guitars is yung pag ikot ikot nila everytime may jam or gig..parang feeling ng may bagong sneakers tapos ipapanggimmik mo for the first time..haay..

di pa nagrereply yung Blackstar ht5r head selling guy..mukhnag ill be stuck with  microcubes forever... :cry:

Haven't you ever considered just modifying your Jag HH to have regular Jaguar pickups? Tutal may Vibramate ka naman. Just get two Jaguar pickups and an Allparts Jag pickguard (since Japanese yung Jag mo). Madali lang naman mag wire-in ng pickups. Feel ko lang baka di mo pa maappreciate ang Jaguar experience kasi naka humbuckers ka pa.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4011 on: April 17, 2014, 06:23:35 PM »
Haven't you ever considered just modifying your Jag HH to have regular Jaguar pickups? Tutal may Vibramate ka naman. Just get two Jaguar pickups and an Allparts Jag pickguard (since Japanese yung Jag mo). Madali lang naman mag wire-in ng pickups. Feel ko lang baka di mo pa maappreciate ang Jaguar experience kasi naka humbuckers ka pa.

mahirap kasi parts dito..haha pero you are sooo right..overkill ang humbuckers sa stable ko ngayon..nakakaasar nadin..hahaha sige Ill try to experiment and source out some parts din and try to explore the MODDING world..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4012 on: April 17, 2014, 06:34:55 PM »
mahirap kasi parts dito..haha pero you are sooo right..overkill ang humbuckers sa stable ko ngayon..nakakaasar nadin..hahaha sige Ill try to experiment and source out some parts din and try to explore the MODDING world..

Mag eBay ka lang ng 65 AVRI pickups or ng Duncans. It'll be fun, promise. Plus you could get tort for that thing!
Offset guitars for life.

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4013 on: April 17, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »
guys just aqcuire another cij jaguar really tempting kasi offset is the ultimate gas ... nakuha ko ng wala trem are the all parts trem fit a japanese trem ?
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4014 on: April 17, 2014, 08:04:12 PM »
guys just aqcuire another cij jaguar really tempting kasi offset is the ultimate gas ... nakuha ko ng wala trem are the all parts trem fit a japanese trem ?

Pics! Project offset ba? Don't get the Allparts trem. Go to the Darrenriley site and look for an MIM or AVRI trem and get the matching arm to be sure. I personally HATE the Japanese Fender trem on my Jazzmaster (it works but I hate the spring, have to replace the whole unit as well) but it gets the job done.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4015 on: April 17, 2014, 09:07:49 PM »
Pics! Project offset ba? Don't get the Allparts trem. Go to the Darrenriley site and look for an MIM or AVRI trem and get the matching arm to be sure. I personally HATE the Japanese Fender trem on my Jazzmaster (it works but I hate the spring, have to replace the whole unit as well) but it gets the job done.
it's not a project offset it sounds different from my other jag i came to a conclusion similar guitar models have different sound the one i got now is bit heavy compare to the blue jag... I agree with jap trem it feels so low and flimsy my jm has it ... my blue jag has the avri trem there is such a difference it feels rugged and angulated ... darren riley has an FB account so i add him now. I will check .. as for got broke :x so ill live with jap trem for now  :idea:

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4016 on: April 18, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
Ano pa ba hanap mo na offsets, guys?

I'm currently happy with my Squier VM Jaguar and Fender Classic Player Jaguar + Jazzmaster. But if I can save up extra money, I'm gonna buy a Fender '65 AVRI Jazzmater in Aztec Gold.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4017 on: April 18, 2014, 11:47:12 AM »
Offset guitar weigh in..

HOW HEAVY IS YOUR OFFSET?

1.Gandydancer MIJ Jag HH- ___kg
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4018 on: April 18, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »
I'm currently happy with my Squier VM Jaguar and Fender Classic Player Jaguar + Jazzmaster. But if I can save up extra money, I'm gonna buy a Fender '65 AVRI Jazzmater in Aztec Gold.

How much is a CP JM these days? Maaaaan, I loooooove my VM JM and I bet getting a "better" JM will make me cry buckets

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4019 on: April 18, 2014, 12:17:07 PM »
How much is a CP JM these days? Maaaaan, I loooooove my VM JM and I bet getting a "better" JM will make me cry buckets

yupangco regular price...P47,950.00.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4020 on: April 18, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »
HOW HEAVY IS YOUR OFFSET?

1.Gandydancer MIJ Jag HH- ___kg
2. Treblinkalovescene's MIM BTJM - 8lbs
Offset guitars for life.

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4021 on: April 18, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »
yupangco regular price...P47,950.00.

Hella overpriced!  :lol: Guess I'm back to getting my guitars from TGP :lol:

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4022 on: April 18, 2014, 01:37:08 PM »

They're usually 500-600 on eBay.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4023 on: April 18, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »

ah, ok. can you post a link of the TGP's page where they have their price?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4024 on: April 18, 2014, 01:40:02 PM »
ah, ok. can you post a link of the TGP's page where they have their price?

Just look for thegearpage. It's a forum.
Offset guitars for life.