hulika

Author Topic: MARSHALL AMPLIFICATION THREAD  (Read 82612 times)

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
Re: MARSHALL AMPLIFICATION THREAD
« Reply #475 on: August 06, 2017, 12:28:29 PM »
for the time being... it's my only oversized 1x12 cab at the moment. i'd like to use the "greenback" loaded vox cab with it. pero parang babagsak. medyo malaki pala yun head. di ko nga pinabuksan yun box sa jb. just paid for it and went back for it the next day.

EDIT: tried it through the "vox greenback 12"" loaded open back night train cab, as well as the krank cab with the eminence legend 12". sounded best with the krank cab IMHO lang naman po. my high gain heads love that cab. must be cause it's a "hifi" speaker, great for tight high gain toanz.

interestingly, magkalapit yun tunog ng ironheart sa night train na cab. can barely tell the difference. as to which is better, parehong parang may kumot na nakataklob. baka nasanay lang ako sa pagka-hifi ng eminence legend. Or sa vintage 30 which is my go-to speaker whenever possible. Pero maganda mag-chug yun ironheart cab. Doesn't get much love in the internet, but its kinda growin on me. Acquired taste siguro. Either that or its breakin in quite nicely.

Cab update:

I've been runnin the dsl15h through a randall 4x12 cab for a few months na. Loud and shakes the room! Great for chugs on drop tuned geetars. Even my 8 string loves the [strawberry]. Hahaha! Whoever said the dsl series lacked bass should have their ears tested.
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline ayofish

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #476 on: August 06, 2017, 04:56:07 PM »
At that price, you're better off buying a DSL15C which is available locally.
Yah. I would have also opted for a dsl15 but the volume of a 7watt or 15 watt would just be too much for an apartment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"Practice makes perfect, But no one is perfect so why practice? Because practice makes masters and experts!!!!"

Offline Crisul

« Reply #477 on: August 07, 2017, 04:27:07 PM »
hi any tips in buying 2nd hand marshall heads pref jcm 800/900 or should i just buy a brand new combo basta tube.

Offline Bobot Dean

« Reply #478 on: October 15, 2017, 06:27:51 AM »
Ay hindi sir. DIY cab ko lang. Dimensions were based sa 1x12 Recto cab. :)

Sir saan ka nakabili ng Marshall logo sa DIY cab mo
thanks
0922-4817343   
0956-0744913
Amplified Pro Sounds

Online ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #479 on: October 16, 2017, 01:16:35 PM »
dimed Marshall in Guitcon

doh!!!

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #480 on: January 13, 2018, 10:23:17 AM »
Busted stock EL34s.

Epektos to the rescue!

"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #481 on: January 13, 2018, 12:03:55 PM »
Wow didn't know epektos was still operational!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #482 on: January 26, 2018, 06:24:33 PM »
Boys and Girls...you have to check out the new Marshall Origin Series. Pinapanood ko lahat ng videos for NAMM 2018 and a couple of new amps are out ...Bret Hinds Orange, Tremonti PRS, Fender Hot Rod IV, Victory, Vox MVX100, EVH and even the new Marshall DSL series.

Pero itong Origin Series...demo pa lang parang gusto ko na mag salary loan sa SSS para mabili ito ASAP! I hope they have this in Ochanomizu by 3rd week of Feb. this year! hahaha

Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #483 on: January 28, 2018, 09:46:10 AM »
Boys and Girls...you have to check out the new Marshall Origin Series. Pinapanood ko lahat ng videos for NAMM 2018 and a couple of new amps are out ...Bret Hinds Orange, Tremonti PRS, Fender Hot Rod IV, Victory, Vox MVX100, EVH and even the new Marshall DSL series.

Pero itong Origin Series...demo pa lang parang gusto ko na mag salary loan sa SSS para mabili ito ASAP! I hope they have this in Ochanomizu by 3rd week of Feb. this year! hahaha

Cool bro! Review soon as you get one. Should be sweet!

Mukhang they shifted the design of the low watt dsl from 6v6 to el34. I prefer the el34 myself. Pero at 20 watts output only for a pair, sa dsl20 na bago? Wonder how they get it to crunch & saturate? Diodes na naman ba?

I'm still a dsl fanboi tho. Would take it over any modified marshall bowteek. Kasi wala ako pambili ng bowteek.
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #484 on: January 28, 2018, 10:33:27 AM »
Wow didn't know epektos was still operational!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

They are still around and it's a hassle free transaction with them.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"