hulika

Author Topic: Comment on my drumming  (Read 1749 times)

Offline johanncalabig

Comment on my drumming
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:10:53 PM »
hi guys! I need some constructive and destructive comment on my drumming and new band the sunstones (UK). Feel free. thanks!

http://www.myspace.com/johanncalabig

-JOhann

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
Comment on my drumming
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 11:10:12 PM »
i only got to listen to 2 songs. i could say that i hear ringo starr in your playing for 'in the city' like in their song 'help' whilst 'home' reminds me more of counting crows' drummer. great clean job, love it! i see that you play at Archway tavern, thats the one by highgate and near archway tube stop right? i wish you were able to join me and other pinoys drummers at last weekend's drummerlive, wouldve been fun to meet more pinoy drummers in town. all the best mate!  :D

Offline johanncalabig

thanks!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 06:32:57 PM »
Thanks for the comments! I've been searching for other pinoy drummers here in UK for a long time. But I think this is the first time I've gain contact. I was supposed to go to drummer live but I was too tired because of my job. What can I say man, wasted. hehehe London based ka ba?

Offline bangbus

• Forum Fanatic
Re: thanks!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 03:01:57 AM »
Quote from: johanncalabig
Thanks for the comments! I've been searching for other pinoy drummers here in UK for a long time. But I think this is the first time I've gain contact. I was supposed to go to drummer live but I was too tired because of my job. What can I say man, wasted. hehehe London based ka ba?

yep almost every pinoy i know over here are so hardworking and it really is nice to know that we really have industrious and productive ones out here. the living costs out here isnt a joke, so you really gotta do what you gotta do. yes im in london, i live in praide street, just between edgeware road tube stop and paddington station but nowadays i run back and forth cambridge and portsmouth for school and work. are you based in london as well? thanks

:D

Offline johanncalabig

North London
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 07:08:49 AM »
Yup, I'm North/North East London based. I'm here in Edmonton. N9 area.
Anyways, we could all get together some time. That would be great! Add me in your myspace account if you got one! :)