hulika

Author Topic: "Blueskrieg" @ Conspiracy!!! (this Sat, 7pm up)  (Read 2943 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
"Blueskrieg" @ Conspiracy!!! (this Sat, 7pm up)
« on: October 31, 2006, 09:02:58 AM »
Pinoy blues bands take over RAKARAKAN concerts with a blues night show dubbed "Blueskrieg" at Conspiracy on Nov. 4 Saturday at 7 pm. Entrance is P100.

BLUESKRIEG (Blues attack, blitzkrieg - get it?) is a live concert featuring Pinoy ambassadors of the BLUES - from old blues to blues rock, Southern blues to Mexicali blues, to Mississippi blues - basta puro blues based ang music.

- SNAKECHARMER 
http://flickr.com/photos/recording-studio-philippines/tags/snakecharmer

- KULUKATI

- FIREBOTTLE   
http://flickr.com/photos/recording-studio-philippines/tags/firebottle

- PLUG   
http://flickr.com/photos/recording-studio-philippines/tags/plug

- DAHON   
http://flickr.com/photos/recording-studio-philippines/tags/dahon

The above Pinoy blues artists will be featured in BLUESKRIEG* - a compilation CD featuring 15 tracks of blues-influenced and blues-based music composed, arranged and performed by the bands themselves. This gig will be an advanced listening party - all 15 tracks will be played on the venue's sound system. BLUESKRIEG will be released in late November 2006. (photos of recording sessions for Blueskrieg CD)

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 11:47:34 AM by deltaslim »

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "Blueskrieg" @ Conspiracy!!! (this Sat, 7pm up)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 05:30:28 PM »
Ayos to ah! Will try to get there if still alive following the previous night's gig. The bones are getting creaky.....  :-D

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 06:57:44 PM »
sayang ang opps... everyone there but no cds yet to have autographed!

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 07:46:13 PM »
hindi pa ito yung promo gig veggie.. parang singit lang kami sa RAKRAKAN club tour muna :-)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 10:22:30 AM »
sayang ang opps... everyone there but no cds yet to have autographed!

I'm sure meron pa kasunod to. Don't worry.  Patikim pa lang ito.

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 08:47:01 AM »
mamayang gabi na ito. kita kita tayo.

- Gerry

Offline cofibreyk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 10:19:03 AM »
bad trip naman may gig kame 70s...waaaaaaaaaa!  :-(

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 11:16:28 AM »
Ready na yung mga Snakecharmer boys -- nag warm up na yung mga 'yan kagabi.  :wink:

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 03:49:30 PM »
haha onga. up natin! :)

kitakits!!!
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 02:44:30 AM »
Conspiracy was packed! Can't wait for the Blueskrieg cd to be released. Lots of great original songs from the bands. 8-)

They were still jammin' when I left  at 1:00AM... :-D

Here's a sampler... sorry I couldn't fit the drummers into the pics with my toy camera.... :cry:

DAHON

Power trio + vocals. A tele that sounds more like an LP with tasty textures on the solos! Fresh sound! More! More!

KULUKATI

Great stage presence by the vocalist... the dude with 'tude!
Hey Kit! I love your playing, man! It's so different! Doggone it, where the hell do you get your ideas for soloing?!!! Erick, don't leave your funky 12-string bass at home again! Kasama yun sa signature Kulukati sound!

SNAKECHARMER

Hard-hitting rhythm section, crunchy guitar chords and smooth solos. The P.A. was working fine and I finally got to hear solid vocals and Roneil's keyboard playing! Ayus! When you come and watch these guys, don't leave your eagplugs at home!

FIREBOTTLE

Joric bared his soul in his compositions... heart-rending... kanino kaya in memory of... ?  :evil:
Nathan plays a modern counterpoint to Joric's raw, old school style of blues guitar. But deltaslim also transforms into Derek Trucks at will!  :wink: Plus bonus tasty slide guitar and harp licks from guest player Kakoi.

PLUG

Great arrangements on their orig. blues songs, and awesome Allman Bros., Skynyrd and Cream renditions... fiery and plakado! scary!

Jammers

WTF?! He plays drums too??!!!

Pucha! Ayoko na mag-gitara!  :oops: Sobrang magagaling na itong mga napanood ko!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 03:12:31 AM by vegetablejoe »

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 08:19:31 AM »
Again -- you da man with the plan.... great pics veggie joe. Dats a lot of geetar players!  :-D

Delta, nice red axe.  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 08:22:17 AM by blue buddha »

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 10:25:58 AM »
vegetablejoe, hanep ang bilis mo mag-post ng review. cno k pala dun? Next time ulit.

Yeah, it was a great evening for fans of blues music. What with fantastic sets and performances from all 5 bands - hats off to all of them,
- DAHON
- KULUKATI
- SNAKECHARMER
- FIREBOTTLE and
- PLUG

Thanks to all who came. On the next RAKRAKAN BLUES night we will invite the Blue Rats as well. ;)