hulika

Author Topic: How to relic a GIBSON LES PAUL....Warning:NOT For The Faint Of Heart!  (Read 37146 times)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Re: How to relic a GIBSON LES PAUL....Warning:NOT For The Faint Of Heart!
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2007, 12:34:42 AM »
I nominate this thread for thread of the year.

Together with:

SCALARIZER THREAD

and a bunch of MY nonsense threads.   :-D

Hu-WAT ?? You rank the Scalarizer thread along with your nonsense threads ?

Thats...thats....BLASPHEMY !

Mwahahaha.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2007, 12:55:25 AM »
Geez, in less than 24 hours all hell has broken loose here, complete with the usual slew of out-of topic posts. Ang hirap ng nagloloko ang DSL..

Quit fighting, guys. Pagkudkod ng pintura at paglalagay ng gasgas sa kahoy lang ang pinag-uusapan. Relicing is a very interesting topic but if this pointless cyber-word war doesn't stop, I'll have to lock this thread.

And to the one who commented about a Christian running this site/forum, that was way out of line. Talk about tactlessness..
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2007, 12:56:48 AM »
Hu-WAT ?? You rank the Scalarizer thread along with your nonsense threads ?

Thats...thats....BLASPHEMY !

Mwahahaha.

That's not blasphemy... I'm just trying to make more sense with my threads...  :-D

Offline borgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2007, 03:20:26 AM »
Geez, in less than 24 hours all hell has broken loose here, complete with the usual slew of out-of topic posts. Ang hirap ng nagloloko ang DSL..

Quit fighting, guys. Pagkudkod ng pintura at paglalagay ng gasgas sa kahoy lang ang pinag-uusapan. Relicing is a very interesting topic but if this pointless cyber-word war doesn't stop, I'll have to lock this thread.

And to the one who commented about a Christian running this site/forum, that was way out of line. Talk about tactlessness..
[/color][/color][/color]

For what its worth, this is a very informative thread . Wag lang tirahin yung mga tao or their playing abilities. This arena should be for wisdom vs wisdom . pag ka lumabas dun, panalo yung kalaban  
Really way out of line...
Gibson ES-335 dot Historic, 1978  Fender Sunburst Strat. Suhr Classic T. McNeill OM guitar, Yamaha APX7,Fender Ultralight, Brown Note 18w, Purkhiser Amp, Firebelly Deluxe Reverb,  Mad Professor Little Green Wonder, AYA Drivesta,

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2007, 03:26:54 AM »
akala ko pa man din yung "ACO" controversy na ang philmusic controversy of the year   :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2007, 07:51:52 AM »
Ha? Tapos ngayon tawag nila sa gitara ni SRV "RELIC". He did f*ck up his guitar. And believe me,it was NOT gracious.

Yeah.... here's another example of an "abused" guitar, Rory Gallagher strat.

... now called a "relic".  :-D

You can bet your bottom dollar that Rory didn't handle his strat "gracefully and carefully"... 

CONCLUSION: The term relic applies to a wide variety of guitar cosmetics/looks.  Some like 'em very subtle, some like em very dramatic (eg, SRV, Gallagher strat).  It's silly that some people insist on denying that extreme types of relic exist (and was initially the basis for the relic craze). Even sillier how people would want to deny other's of their opinion and personal relic preferences. 

I won't deny you your right to call it what you want. Just don't deny mine!

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2007, 08:26:09 AM »

diba po ito ung strat na nanakaw pa sakanya pero nakuha nya ulit? :D

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2007, 09:06:35 AM »
Merry Chistmas!!! :-) :-) :-)
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #258 on: December 09, 2007, 01:18:56 PM »
I dunno. 500 happy paying users, and growing,can't be wrong. You said something like that yourself. But wait...why don't YOU work for free ?

I dunno if this is valid man. With only 3 guys to go to in the Philippines that are passable and the "experience" alot of local guys have in terms of guitar repair, this doest mean anything.

Ex:  Alot of ppl out there are using korea, jap, china guitars which are of "lower" quality control standards (ie hindi polido) so they really wouldnt know what a high end repair looks like.... so while their opinion is valid... its really not "experienced" and a  good basis. I'd kinda value alex's opinon more when it comes to high end stuff coz he is experienced. It has nothing to do with guitar playing skill.  :-D peace

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #259 on: December 09, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »
I dunno if this is valid man. With only 3 guys to go to in the Philippines that are passable and the "experience" alot of local guys have in terms of guitar repair, this doest mean anything.

Ex:  Alot of ppl out there are using korea, jap, china guitars which are of "lower" quality control standards (ie hindi polido) so they really wouldnt know what a high end repair looks like.... so while their opinion is valid... its really not "experienced" and a  good basis. I'd kinda value alex's opinon more when it comes to high end stuff coz he is experienced. It has nothing to do with guitar playing skill.  :-D peace
Agree ako sayo jan bro. Yung problema lang kasi,he often puts down another guys "cheap" gear. And then blows a bunch of... "bakit,may us$4000 ka na amp?" etc. You know how it goes. Sang-ayon kaba dun? Ok na nga sana,because if i remember sinabi ko din na plus factor din na may katulad niya na nag re-review ng hig end gears which most of us cannot afford. It's the "adlib" that's being the source of flaming.  Diba mga guys?

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #260 on: December 09, 2007, 01:50:04 PM »
Good points mark, anyway in an attempt to turn this thread around... i have a few suggestions. :D

1st - alex really reacts like that... not that its bad.. but its his way of responding to things. In my head i always have a large overbearing voice in my head when reading his posts... but if you imagine a sexy secretarys voice... parang it becomes ok.

2nd - for the makers, Instead of bashing alex.. why not use him? He's got tons of experience when it comes to fit and finish so try to use him as a counsultant instead of an "online" enemy. He probably has the time to visit the shop and qc some of the stuff. Dont take offense if he says... this is not good enough .. .etc etc, kasi kayo rin gagaling dyan over time.

3rd - I think Jon is Ok. Like I said, I'm good friends with the owner of this guitar and the guitar is indeed very playable. Fretwork is good! Not as great as some more expensive guitars but definately on the level of Epi and maybe Gib USA. Fit and finish is another thing. Im not at all impressed by this relic or how it was handled ... but like i said in TGP thread, My friends LOST IT! ... hahhaha.

4th - Jon dont let the international guys get you down. Use it nalang to refine your craft. If they say it was handled with gross disrespect, it probably was and you could have approached it better... but we all learn. Parang doctor yan, do you wanna go to a doctor thats laughing when hes in surgery... parang hindi maganda. Take all of the criticisms constructively.. and in the end... baka ikaw pa habulin in asia for repairs and restoration. :D

Peace boys

Offline Kulas

« Reply #261 on: December 09, 2007, 02:02:17 PM »
Good points mark, anyway in an attempt to turn this thread around... i have a few suggestions. :D

1st - alex really reacts like that... not that its bad.. but its his way of responding to things. In my head i always have a large overbearing voice in my head when reading his posts... but if you imagine a sexy secretarys voice... parang it becomes ok.

2nd - for the makers, Instead of bashing alex.. why not use him? He's got tons of experience when it comes to fit and finish so try to use him as a counsultant instead of an "online" enemy. He probably has the time to visit the shop and qc some of the stuff. Dont take offense if he says... this is not good enough .. .etc etc, kasi kayo rin gagaling dyan over time.

3rd - I think Jon is Ok. Like I said, I'm good friends with the owner of this guitar and the guitar is indeed very playable. Fretwork is good! Not as great as some more expensive guitars but definately on the level of Epi and maybe Gib USA. Fit and finish is another thing. Im not at all impressed by this relic or how it was handled ... but like i said in TGP thread, My friends LOST IT! ... hahhaha.

4th - Jon dont let the international guys get you down. Use it nalang to refine your craft. If they say it was handled with gross disrespect, it probably was and you could have approached it better... but we all learn. Parang doctor yan, do you wanna go to a doctor thats laughing when hes in surgery... parang hindi maganda. Take all of the criticisms constructively.. and in the end... baka ikaw pa habulin in asia for repairs and restoration. :D

Peace boys

nice one miks! yeah, why don't we all just relax and take things lightly? for crying out loud, it's just a guitar. relic and abused are just words. it's too bad lang na it had to go to the "personalan" level. grabe, pati trabaho and relations na-bring up na? anong klase yan? pati being a christian? kailangan pa ba i-bring up yun? getting carried away is no excuse, typing is more deliberate than speaking out. you can review and edit what you type, words spoken out can never be taken back. hindi lang naman si alex ang tactless eh, lahat may blame so walang magtuturuan. let's just all be civil here and respect each others' opinions.

i think this thread has already served its purpose. so i move it to be closed na. (well, mamaya na ian after tugtog, haha!)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #262 on: December 09, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »
This is the main reason why I do not like relic-ing:

1.  You buy an uber-expensive instrument.
2.  Someone charges a huge extra for banging up the guitar.
3.  Only a few people appreciate it.

Anyway, I hope to see a relic'd Baker soon.  We have 2 candidates so far.   :-D

Offline markflo

« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2007, 02:29:49 PM »
thread locked for now...all non-related posts will be deleted...stop fighting...you're making my head ache....
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln