hulika

Author Topic: all about DRUMSTICKS thread *merged*  (Read 198888 times)

Offline godisjudge

• Veteran Member
Re: all about DRUMSTICKS thread
« Reply #1175 on: December 05, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »
magkano po ang mga vater at vic firth sticks?? thanks in advance

Vic Firth nasa 550-750 ang range, not sig sticks. Online mura yung mga bundle, 4 pairs or 6 pairs. Parang lumalabas 400 up lang per stick.
Mas mura yung Vater siguro dahil na rin sa dealer.
Pearl+Zildjian+Vic Firth+LA Drums
-My BEAT is the extension of my FAITH-

Offline byako21

« Reply #1176 on: December 05, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »
thanks sa info mga sir

sang store ako makakabili ng mga sumusunod:

vater sticks
pro-mark
nova
vic firth

thanks ulet

looking for 5a and 7a

sana may prices din

Offline bulok

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1177 on: December 05, 2011, 03:56:36 PM »
thanks sa info mga sir

sang store ako makakabili ng mga sumusunod:

vater sticks
pro-mark
nova
vic firth

thanks ulet

looking for 5a and 7a

sana may prices din
vater sa lazer at TMS meron, pro mark sa audiophile, nova at vic firth sa lyric, pero meron din ata sa lazer ng vic firth
sa price pinaka-mahal ang vic firth mga nasa 600 pataas, pinaka mura at pinaka pangit sa nasabi mo naman(IMO) yung nova mga nasa 250 pataas...
pinaka gusto ko naman sa nabanggit mo vater :-D

Offline blindedfox

« Reply #1178 on: December 09, 2011, 02:04:46 PM »
I'm currently using a pair of Zildjian 5a Anti_Vibe sticks. Masaya naman ako so far hehe.
Tinry ko kamakailan lang gumamit nung Ahead sticks. Medyo nabibigatan ako hehe. Maybe I should try to use a pair regularly para masanay ako sa weight hehe.

Baka may nagbebenta jan ng Ahead sticks PM nyo ko.. hehe

Offline technical1

« Reply #1179 on: December 09, 2011, 05:53:47 PM »
I use 3 drumsticks from lyric  :-D

IMO tibay talaga hehe  8-)

Offline evanmelc

• Philmusicus Noobitus
where can i buy promark drumsticks?
« Reply #1180 on: December 14, 2011, 05:30:18 PM »
mga sir patulong naman..saan aq pwede bumili ng promark drumstick dyan sa manila..taga bohol po ako...:-)
"It's not in the arrow, it's in the Indian"

Offline mybabyowen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1181 on: December 16, 2011, 04:01:30 PM »
lazer 8a pwede na sakin, kaso wala pa pambili...buti may nagregalo yung bayaw ko VF dave weckl EVOLUTION...masarap sa kamay. :-D..

Offline _dax_

« Reply #1182 on: December 20, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »
Hello fellow musician. Bago lang ako sa section ng forum na ito. Lurker mode pag sa kit section since i still focus on the bass and percussion when I joined back in 2007. I recently started playing the kit after acquiring my pearl 5 months ago.
Here are my sticks. some i use... some i abuse  :-)

Zildjian 5A Wood Tip
Zildjian 7A Nylon Tip (Black) 2pcs
Zildjian Z Starky Sig (my fave stick)
Zildjian T Gurtu Sig
Zildjian V Colaiuta Sig
Zildjian T Hawkins Sig
RegalTip wire brush
Toca Djembe 10" † LP Bongos † Darbuka † Ibanez Roadstar 2 Bass † Zoom RT 234 Drum Machine † Claves and Rain Sticks † Kubing † Bamboo Xylophone † Devil water chimes † Pearl Forum Fusion kit † Ibanez RG 370DX † 7 string Schecter Diamond Series †
GASSS

Offline geremii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1183 on: December 21, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »
all sticks that i ever used were

1pair pulse 5a hickory
1pair NOVA 5a
1pair Fernando 7a
1pair Fernando 5b

Lahat yan buo pa. at yan lang ang ginamit ko since nag start ako mgdrums. (hard hitter pa ako) 2008 ako nagsimula eh. haha
signatuuuuuuuuure

Offline funkfruit3000

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1184 on: January 04, 2012, 11:08:57 PM »
mismo na ung lazer na tig 70 para saken kung pang drum set. lazer jazz or ung mas mabigat ung 5b na rock ata un depende sa place at sa tugtugan . pag pang pad lang pang praktis ng rudiments ung lazer na hickory ung mabigat nakasulat 8h hahah ewan basta ung hickory. ung mga mas mahal vic firths and promarks tsaka ung innovative percussion pang snare lang bawal sa drum set :)) mahal eh hihihihi :-D

Offline jobo_ph

« Reply #1185 on: March 14, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »
Personal insights on drum stick use from a newbie drummer...

Went with Vic Firth American Classic 5A and 5B as my first decent drum sticks. After initially trying out both doing some rudiments, the 5A was more comfortable for me to use and made it my go to stick every time.

One time, visiting a Lyric store in Makati, curiosity made me buy the Vic Grip version of the American Classic 5A.

Getting home, I realized the Vic Grip version was remarkably lighter than the original 5A stick I bought. However, I didn't use it yet since the current stick was still good.

Eventually, part of the wood of tip of the current 5A had splintered off so I started using the Vic grip version to avoid unnecessary wear on my drum heads.

Assessing/comparing the feel of two, the Vic Grip I bought felt too light for my taste and preferred the weight of the other 5A although it was leaning on the heavy side.

I also realized, I don't like the Vic grip. It feels more slippy and eecky when my hands get sweaty and leaves red marks on my coated snare head (cross sticking).

I bought a Vater Nude 5A today to try out this coming weekend.

I also thought of weighing things to get more perspective.

VF 5B - 64 grams
VF 5A - 59 grams
VF Vic Grip 5A - 44 grams
Vater Nude 5A - 53 grams
(Weights shown are for one stick)

I think I'll keep track of the weight of the sticks and eventually find which range would feel good/versatile for me. I'd have to say, my initial impression of the Vater 5A's weight feels just right.

Interestingly, tip wise, the Vater 5A has an oval shaped one while the Vic Firths have acorn shaped ones.

The oval Vater 5A tip was also slightly bigger than the VF 5A acorn tip.

The taper on the Vater 5A was also thicker compared to the VF 5A and was similar to the taper on the VF 5B, although the VF 5B acorn tip was bigger compared to the Vater 5A tip.

I don't know yet if I will be able to discern some difference on feel and its effect on the sound. Something to find out.

Maybe OC, but I think I'll bring my weighing scale the next time I buy sticks.  :-D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:54:19 PM by jobo_ph »
Tama Silverstar * Sabian XS20/AA/AAX * Evans heads * VF/Vater 5A
Ovation Viper * Ibanez ART100DX * Maestro EO-1 * VHT Special 12/20 * V30 cab * TW * FD2 * OCD * MS-70CDR * TT * AMT Wah
Ibanez SR505 * Ibanez Promethean P3115

Offline ken minneman

« Reply #1186 on: March 15, 2012, 01:25:29 AM »
San po ba nakakabili ngayon ng promark sticks?
keenevillanueva.wordpress.com

Offline vandal

« Reply #1187 on: March 15, 2012, 01:49:51 AM »
^Audiophile.
Smart has the brains but stupid has the balls.

Offline jobo_ph

« Reply #1188 on: March 16, 2012, 09:19:58 AM »
Additional insights...

I didn't mention in my previous post that I also bought Vater Nude Fusion sticks to try out.

The shaft is slightly thicker than the Vater Nude 5A , has thinner shoulder taper (much like the taper on the VF 5A) and has a round tip.

I had it exchanged at the Lazer SM Calamba branch because there was too much difference between the weight of each stick (about 8-10g difference, if I remember correctly). My mistake, I didn't immediately noticed the weight difference while I was still at the store a three days ago and only noticed it when I got home. The store accomodated the exchange and I really brought my weighing scale to check.

Although they only had a few pairs of the Nude Fusion in the shop, there was a pair that had matched weight although a bit heavy at close to 60 grams (per stick) in weight. I was hoping to get a lighter weighted pair but the other pairs at the store had too much weight variance between each stick.

As a newbie, it's a learning experience that drum sticks within a model line (i.e. 5A) can have different weights between each pair aside from each stick in a pair possibly having different weights, too. Someting to watch out for when buying drum sticks.

I did try hitting the top hat bow last night between the Nude 5A and Nude Fusion and I could hear a difference in sound. The oval tip sounded lower than the round tip. I guess an effect of the amount of surface area of the tip hitting the hat bow surface.

Based on what I had read (http://www.sticksnbeats.com/drumsticks-tips, amongst others), round tips are bouncier than ovals tips. Another thing to try to experience/discover.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:33:41 AM by jobo_ph »
Tama Silverstar * Sabian XS20/AA/AAX * Evans heads * VF/Vater 5A
Ovation Viper * Ibanez ART100DX * Maestro EO-1 * VHT Special 12/20 * V30 cab * TW * FD2 * OCD * MS-70CDR * TT * AMT Wah
Ibanez SR505 * Ibanez Promethean P3115

Offline jeff_proX40

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1189 on: March 28, 2012, 05:58:14 AM »
I'm using Jeff Queen Signature Vic Firth Sticks.... 5b ata toh... been using it for 3 years... so far the best sticks I had in years... Very balanced, round tip end, and very flexible sa kamay ko switching from Conventional to traditional grip... ewan... mas comportable ako sa stick na toh... Meron din akong Tama na 5b round tip... ok naman kasi mura pero mas ok yung Vic Firth... bought mine in Robinsons Pioneer Audiophile....

Just let your music fill the empty spaces in you. It's all you have so take advantage of it. It's a gift!

Offline zwischenzug

« Reply #1190 on: March 31, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »
Now using Vater Gospel Series - 5B.

Previous sticks na nawala (due to negligence on my part, hehe):
1. Akira Jimbo sig sticks
2. Trilok Gurtu sig sticks
3. Vater Xtreme Design 5B
4. Bill Stewart sig sticks
5. Promark Pro Grip 5A - Red/Gray combo

Offline wilpredo

Re: all about DRUMSTICKS thread *merged*
« Reply #1191 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »
Question lang mga sir. May alam ba kayong branch ng lyric na nagbebenta ng 5a na johnny rabb? Parang lahat kasi ng puntahan ko puro Rythmsaw and wala talagang 5a. Help naman mga sir.. thanks!  :-D
the corny stuff is what pays you :)

Offline zwischenzug

« Reply #1192 on: June 01, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »
Guys have you tried Stagg sticks sold by The Music Source?  Yung kasama ko sa church nakabili P150 lang ata na Hickory 5A.  Parang Vater yung build niya, simple style yet durable ang dating.  Bili sana ako kaso dami ko ng sticks.  In my opinion, this is better than cheap maple sticks ng iba.  Try niyo.

Offline jeff_proX40

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1193 on: June 06, 2012, 03:27:57 AM »
almost 5 Years ko nang Gamit (Well di naman kasi madalas gamitin). Durable and balanced ang weight. Balanced din ang wieght ng stick from bottom end to Tip (Di nakakangawit and super minimal to zero ang after vibration). About 550 - 700 Php per pair sa Audiophile.

Just let your music fill the empty spaces in you. It's all you have so take advantage of it. It's a gift!

Offline dreamhaus09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1194 on: September 24, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »
Magkano ba Fernando sticks ngayon?

www.ProjectSmithereen.lens.ph
500px.com/projectsmithereen Canon EOS 1000D | Canon a3100 IS

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1195 on: September 24, 2012, 02:21:37 PM »
Sino meron na nito?  :-D

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1196 on: September 28, 2012, 08:54:59 AM »
vicfirth 5bkf  :)
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline dreamhaus09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1197 on: September 29, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »
Sino meron na nito?  :-D

Sir Gep tanong ko lang kung marami pang stock sa Shang o Trinoma. Baka sa lunes pa ako maka iskor e.  :cute:

www.ProjectSmithereen.lens.ph
500px.com/projectsmithereen Canon EOS 1000D | Canon a3100 IS

Offline otepandrew

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1198 on: October 15, 2012, 02:30:26 PM »
para po sakin gutong gusto ko ung mga drumstick na mumurahin lang kasi magaan eh mas maganda tunog at mag controlado mo pag ung stick para sakin pag magaan
biginner drummer

Offline narz

« Reply #1199 on: October 17, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »
for me pinaka gusto ko po is yung water nude series.
swak na swak sa mga pasmadong tulad ko :D