hulika

Author Topic: Fender Guitar Users Thread  (Read 257055 times)

Offline jgmredor

Re: Fender Guitar Users Thread
« Reply #1200 on: February 06, 2018, 11:32:45 AM »

American Standard Stratocaster
American Deluxe Telecaster
Mustang 90

All upgraded with Fender locking tuners. Strat is due for a SSS BKP slow hand pup change

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1201 on: June 19, 2018, 03:53:18 PM »
Wala ng Fender Standard Strat...yung Made in Mexico. Napalitan na ng Fender Player Series...
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1204 on: June 20, 2018, 07:54:42 AM »
My first all-stock Fender in decades  :):

Offline Jellybean

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1205 on: June 21, 2018, 06:07:55 PM »
anderton's website featuring fender's new mim player series:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/fender-player-series?utm_campaign=Fender-player-series-19-06-18-V2&utm_source=emarsysemail&utm_medium=email&sc_src=email_3601892&sc_lid=181569109&sc_uid=nuwze1IWvd&sc_llid=1870&sc_eh=854debff7b91dd7d1

I'm selling some items to get one of these and a Super Champ X2 HD.
I actually like the Alnico Vs, the 2 point trem, the bridge tone knob, spaghetti logo, 22 frets, haha pretty much everything about this guitar.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1206 on: June 21, 2018, 07:31:10 PM »
Not a Strat Guy but this Strat just killed it for me...

Except for the NUT and Tremolo Arm its an all Original 1972

Let us just say its close to an all original close to my age:)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1207 on: June 22, 2018, 01:01:49 AM »
Not a Strat Guy but this Strat just killed it for me...

Except for the NUT and Tremolo Arm its an all Original 1972

Let us just say its close to an all original close to my age:)

Looks boss....what’s the neck like?
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1208 on: June 22, 2018, 04:39:07 AM »
Looks boss....what’s the neck like?

Kinda thin and pencil neck.  And mababa ang frets.

Offline marcus_gloom

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1210 on: June 22, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »
Deym, new player series have two point trems, alnico 5 pups :-D. Satin neck finish.

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #1211 on: June 23, 2018, 05:53:35 AM »

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1212 on: June 23, 2018, 01:20:43 PM »
imho, i prefer the previous classic player series especially in their offset lines because they still retain the original circuits of the jag and jm with some minor "improvements". the new player series simplified the circuit design of their offsets. much like the american professional series.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1213 on: June 24, 2018, 07:33:28 AM »
imho, i prefer the previous classic player series especially in their offset lines because they still retain the original circuits of the jag and jm with some minor "improvements". the new player series simplified the circuit design of their offsets. much like the american professional series.

Do you actually get to try out several guitars of the same model at a time?  Then you should know that you have to pick thru a lot of Fenders.  When you find one, you then ask yourself why this sounds so special despite it being the same as the other guitars.   Much in the same way that the new classic player batch may have a guitar that sounds way way much better than the old classic player.

I recently bought a professional and I did have enough money to buy an elite but comparing several professionals and elites at the same time, I had to go with the professional at the Yamaha Buendia Branch. 

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1214 on: June 25, 2018, 10:58:46 AM »

Imo the player series and the am pro series targeted the modern players. With the player series going full modern and the am pro going aesthetically classic with some modern improvements. If you want full on classics, i think you need to check the am origs. Btw, i’m lovin’ my am pro jaguar. I’ve really wanted a jaguar for keeps. But none seems to jive with me. I’m not a surf, 70s player but i love the jaguar aesthetics. The am pro jag is perfect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1215 on: June 29, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »
Do you actually get to try out several guitars of the same model at a time?  Then you should know that you have to pick thru a lot of Fenders.  When you find one, you then ask yourself why this sounds so special despite it being the same as the other guitars.   Much in the same way that the new classic player batch may have a guitar that sounds way way much better than the old classic player.

I recently bought a professional and I did have enough money to buy an elite but comparing several professionals and elites at the same time, I had to go with the professional at the Yamaha Buendia Branch.

i have specific design criteria in a guitar and the player series does not have it especially in their offsets. that is my preference. i did not say that they are inferior or bad designs. i just do not like them and that is my preference. i am not interested in testing it. what is the point of test driving the new honda civic if you do not like it even just by looking at it?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1216 on: June 29, 2018, 04:47:16 PM »
i have specific design criteria in a guitar and the player series does not have it especially in their offsets. that is my preference. i did not say that they are inferior or bad designs. i just do not like them and that is my preference. i am not interested in testing it. what is the point of test driving the new honda civic if you do not like it even just by looking at it?

I apologize for my error.  Akala ko kasi tunog ang priority mo.  Eh kung design pala, thats fine with me too.

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1217 on: June 30, 2018, 01:32:51 PM »
Imo the player series and the am pro series targeted the modern players. With the player series going full modern and the am pro going aesthetically classic with some modern improvements. If you want full on classics, i think you need to check the am origs. Btw, i’m lovin’ my am pro jaguar. I’ve really wanted a jaguar for keeps. But none seems to jive with me. I’m not a surf, 70s player but i love the jaguar aesthetics. The am pro jag is perfect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sexy jag bro. great score.

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #1218 on: July 25, 2018, 05:50:27 AM »

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:28:15 AM by gitaristadaw »

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1219 on: July 25, 2018, 02:10:34 PM »
^^^ looks legit!
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1220 on: July 25, 2018, 03:40:52 PM »
medyo suspicious yung body for not having a stamp. pero mukang ni liha lang yung pocket same reason din siguro kung bakit may papel or piece of something dyan sa neck para ma adjust yung height na na-liha sa pocket.

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #1221 on: July 25, 2018, 03:43:13 PM »
^^^ looks legit!
Thanks sir

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #1222 on: July 25, 2018, 03:47:30 PM »
medyo suspicious yung body for not having a stamp. pero mukang ni liha lang yung pocket same reason din siguro kung bakit may papel or piece of something dyan sa neck para ma adjust yung height na na-liha sa pocket.
Tama pala ung tingin ko na parang naliha... Medyo may malabo na bakat ng letter e... Salamat ng madami

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1223 on: July 25, 2018, 07:02:45 PM »
looks legit
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #1224 on: July 25, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »
looks legit
Thanks sir