hulika

Author Topic: ask and help lng wat magandang speaker  (Read 11556 times)

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
Re: ask and help lang what magandang speaker?
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2010, 06:04:55 PM »

+1.  the jbl jrx115 still employs old (original) jbl drivers and not generics. 8-)

jbl 2412 hf compression driver

jbl m115-8a 15" woofer

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »
I would still go for these combinations:

Proven sound, no amplifier issues and better control  :evil:

N0 m0re, n0 less  :-D  8-) :lol:

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2010, 12:01:10 AM »
I would still go for these combinations:

Proven sound, no amplifier issues and better control  :evil:

@sir stoney73,

ok lang din ba dbx DRPX with a passive speaker and a power amp setup like this? wouldn't the dbx DRPA be a better component in this setup? just want to know your experience on this thanks

MAKING SOUND MATTER
make sound matter
"Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of His praise be heard..." - Psalm 66:8a (NIV)

Offline stoney73

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2010, 07:04:19 AM »

@sir stoney73,

ok lang din ba dbx DRPX with a passive speaker and a power amp setup like this? wouldn't the dbx DRPA be a better component in this setup? just want to know your experience on this thanks

MAKING SOUND MATTER

Sir sikyo, the Driverack PX can be used on a set-up coming from a "single amp" source. The JRX 115 is a passive speaker system and has already a built-in internal crossover just like most modern day powered systems.  On the other hand,  the Driverack PA/PA+ is mainly used for systems, say FOH, with bi-amped and tri-amped requirements.
"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is STILL the wrong piece of gear".

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
Re: ask and help lng wat magandang speaker
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2010, 11:48:12 AM »
thanks for the reply sir stoney. i'm planning to add a sub or two sa setup namin presently consisting of a pair of single 10", 2-way powered speakers for FOH. worried me sa latency issues between the subs and tops, nalilito rin ako sa difference ng outs ng DRPA+ and PX, the former has separate outs for the lows, mids, and highs while the PX has 2 pairs, i suppose for the tops and subs. mukhang ngayon ko lang nalilinawan  :-D i also have a 600-watt per channel RMS Crown power amp which i can use for a passive sub or a pair of passive mons. asking your opinion on the best, most cost effective setup before recommending the purchase. don't want to make a mistake, like you said, 'the wrong piece of gear at the right price is still the wrong piece of gear'  :-D thanks po for the help and sorry to the mod and others kung medyo off topic po :-D   
make sound matter
"Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of His praise be heard..." - Psalm 66:8a (NIV)

Offline stoney73

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2010, 02:27:44 PM »
thanks for the reply sir stoney. i'm planning to add a sub or two sa setup namin presently consisting of a pair of single 10", 2-way powered speakers for FOH. worried me sa latency issues between the subs and tops, nalilito rin ako sa difference ng outs ng DRPA+ and PX, the former has separate outs for the lows, mids, and highs while the PX has 2 pairs, i suppose for the tops and subs. mukhang ngayon ko lang nalilinawan  :-D i also have a 600-watt per channel RMS Crown power amp which i can use for a passive sub or a pair of passive mons. asking your opinion on the best, most cost effective setup before recommending the purchase. don't want to make a mistake, like you said, 'the wrong piece of gear at the right price is still the wrong piece of gear'  :-D thanks po for the help and sorry to the mod and others kung medyo off topic po :-D   

If you wish to use the PX for your subwoofers,  you can use the SUB OUTPUTS.  For your powered FOH system,  you will be using the OUTPUTS.  Try USER10 as a start.  Remember that you can always adjust the crossover frequency points.  8-)
"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is STILL the wrong piece of gear".

Offline sikyo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2010, 03:06:59 PM »
thanks again sir stoney. always thought the PX is limited to powered speakers only that's why i was leaning towards the PA+ for better flexibility (baka needed in the future in a different setup, you'll never know). GASsing for the cheaper PX  :-D
make sound matter

Offline stoney73

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2010, 02:23:17 PM »
thanks again sir stoney. always thought the PX is limited to powered speakers only that's why i was leaning towards the PA+ for better flexibility (baka needed in the future in a different setup, you'll never know). GASsing for the cheaper PX  :-D

This should how it will appear.  8-)

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2010, 10:20:40 AM »

+ 1. Bravo DRPX  8-)

Using the DriveRack PX is as easy as the manual says it is. It's designed to be hooked up between the output of your mixer and the input(s) of your powered speakers, and it really can make a difference to the performance of the system. As it only takes up a single rack unit of space, it most likely won't detract from the simplicity of a powered speaker setup as there will probably be some outboard effects already in a rack — and, of course, the DriveRack PX can take the place of various separate processors such as stand-alone graphic EQ, feedback suppressors, compressors and limiters.

Whenever I use powered speaker systems as floor monitors,  I utilize the built-in Auto-EQ function as well as the Peakplus limiters (in stereo).  In this way,  you really get TONS of headroom. The feedback suppressor or AFS is a masterpiece.  I can even get more savings by not installing a conventional graphic eq. It even comes with free M2 measurement microphone, for use with the pink noise generator, RTA and auto-EQ function...