hulika

Author Topic: Song Reviews  (Read 14146 times)

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Song Reviews
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2007, 09:39:57 PM »
Peeves heto lang ang 2 sentimos ko.. yung  electric guitar i pan sa left para hindi nag co compete sa vocals,
yung vocals i eq ng kaunti para hindi manipis at gamitan mo ng de esser, yung bass sa tingin ko kailangan e bawasan yung lower freq at dagdagan ng mids.. ok yung percs mo, it adds spice sa tunog..  8-)
about that 3D effect.. its more on the preamp"s ability to sound 3D and not scattered on the soundfiled plus the engr's knowledge on how to exploit this features.  8-)
Music is art in sound...

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2007, 09:50:18 PM »
wish ko lang sana sa susunod na PC workshop may hands on mixing

There will be...

Tell you what. Burn your song project files to a dvd and bring it to Part 2 of the workshop (to be scheduled). We can offer suggestions on how you can mix it better or how you can arrive at the 3d effect you're shooting for. Right now, the mp3 sounds unusually harsh for a 128 kbps mp3; my guess is you used BBE Sonic Maximizer (which is known to destroy a mix) or some other form of enhancer. Btw, what software did you use to mix?
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2007, 10:01:39 PM »
sir kit, no eq was used on all the intruments except the vocals. the drums went thru a compressor and stereo expander. that's it (rush kasi <-- learned my lesson)

audition yung ginamit ko to record and mix

@baldo: salamat sa 2 sentimos, parang ako na yung natuto ako pa binayaran hehehe. the bass track was recorded using the same guitar used on the other 2 guitar tracks. ginamit lang yung patch sa zoom g2 para magtunog bass

ramdam ko tuloy ngayon yung limitations ng setup ko  :-(

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2007, 06:04:40 AM »
that really the better way to go, peeves. at least it's your ears that can tell if and when you need better gear. a lot of people just get gear without ever knowing if those gears have indeed helped their music-making.
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »
wish ko lang sana sa susunod na PC workshop may hands on mixing

There will be...

Tell you what. Burn your song project files to a dvd and bring it to Part 2 of the workshop (to be scheduled). We can offer suggestions on how you can mix it better or how you can arrive at the 3d effect you're shooting for. Right now, the mp3 sounds unusually harsh for a 128 kbps mp3; my guess is you used BBE Sonic Maximizer (which is known to destroy a mix) or some other form of enhancer. Btw, what software did you use to mix?

yahoo!tuloy ung pangarap ko!sir salamat!matutuloy na ung brazilian mixer applications mo(dun sa kabilang thread!)wahaha...sir ako ba pwede burn ko din?hehehhe...

Peeves heto lang ang 2 sentimos ko.. yung  electric guitar i pan sa left para hindi nag co compete sa vocals,
yung vocals i eq ng kaunti para hindi manipis at gamitan mo ng de esser, yung bass sa tingin ko kailangan e bawasan yung lower freq at dagdagan ng mids.. ok yung percs mo, it adds spice sa tunog..  8-)
about that 3D effect.. its more on the preamp"s ability to sound 3D and not scattered on the soundfiled plus the engr's knowledge on how to exploit this features.  8-)

sir baldo salamat sa advice!kahit indirectly...dapat dalasdalasan nyo na ang pagaadvice!!!para marami kami natutunan! :) :) :)  sir...iniiwasan ko ung de sser... parang hirap i-control!!!  :-P
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2007, 07:48:17 PM »
Bindoy.. isa lang ang cardinal rule sa DeEsser..kapag parang me SPLIT LIP  na sa labi yung singer o e nag lisping na, ibig sabihin nun Sobra na ang de essing hehehe.. also you have to know kung anong FREQ ang i de de ess mo. pero me guide naman kung male ba o female.. remember the TARGET words have " ess" .." shhh"" and " chh"
Music is art in sound...

Offline musician

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2007, 11:09:12 PM »
DELETED BY MOD.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:02:23 AM by KitC »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2007, 12:01:42 AM »
You are entitled to your opinion, "musician", as we are entitled to ours.

If you cannot take criticism, good or bad, then there is no point in us giving it! Since you think so highly of yourself and your music, that your peers cannot offer you some advice to make you BETTER, then there can be no other direction for you to take than to go down.

Good luck on shoving your music down the public's throat.

I'm now locking this thread and deleting your offensive comments.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire