hulika

Author Topic: Why?  (Read 5546 times)

Offline phoenix_rising

• Forum Fanatic
Why?
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »
How come fuseboxx always gets bumped off the line-up?
This is a common thing to us (you can probably call it a prog band's fate) and we are aware that this happens to other bands as well.

It's just strange that it happened to us in our last 3 gigs. We really don't mind playing last , or even after the main act, as long as it was set beforehand by the production/event. Even so, whenever there are sudden line-up changes, we're always the ones who give-in, even if we have to play last. This is our way of showing respect and gratitude to the events/production organizers for letting us play and share our music.

The funny thing is, whenever this situation happens and we agree, nobody from the appealing band approaches us at the least, and be appreciative of the favor we gave. Countless self-centered reasons/excuses just to play before us.

That's the reason why we are asking..."Is it really difficult to follow the line-up?" or should we change the question to..."Is it really hard to play after us?"
Fuseboxx/Kastigo guitarist ESP Artist 2011
Graphtech Endorser Elixir strings and cables
Dealer of CHICKENPICKS  http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=312669.msg4325511#msg4325511

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:42:16 AM »
that sucks. binabraso na kayo boss.

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »
Maybe next time say No. Abuso na ata pag every gig eh linilipat kayo.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
Conflict in schedule is a common factor to most bands.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline accento24

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 09:58:19 AM »
"Is it really hard to play after us?"

---baka yan yung sagot sir, hehehe! :-D

pero kahit na ganun, those bands should be respectful and be thankful that you allowed them to play ahead of you.

Offline LesBol

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »
Conflict in schedule is a common factor to most bands.

Agree, schedule management.

@TS, you should emphasize to the management that you too, has a schedule to follow. Unfair dun sa mga nag-a-adjust ng schedule to accommodate them tapos others don't give respect sa time ng iba  :-o

Offline jellogz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 10:32:56 AM »
that sucks. binabraso na kayo boss.

Si boss Mico mababraso? :-o
Just wont burn...

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 10:33:26 AM »
takot lang yung mga bands boss, kasi pagkatapos niyo tumugtog, uuwi na lahat  8-)

Offline phoenix_rising

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 10:44:54 AM »
Most of the bands who I am referring to are the Sikat na banda! Bands who are being paid big bucks to play on stage.
Dealer of CHICKENPICKS  http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=312669.msg4325511#msg4325511

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »
Refuse next time.

Tell the organizer that's the only available time for your band to perform kahit na sabihin nating hindi. Sometimes we need to lie a bit.
OR better, inform the organizer that if its possible not to change time slots before the event.

Watched you guys a few times, your band is full of GREATNESS...

Offline mandoytz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 10:54:14 AM »
Most of the bands who I am referring to are the Sikat na banda! Bands who are being paid big bucks to play on stage.
this is so true.. and most of the time ang dahilan kuno eh. may lagare pa daw <_<.  Same thing happened to us sa isang show sa QTV 11. Nkaset-up na kme then bigla nlang pina-remove yung gamit namin Because the "sikat na Band needs to play na because they have another gig pa. ayun after their set tumagal pa sila ng mga 3hrs dun sa studio bago umalis.. meaning gusto lang nilang mauna... haaayz.. :|.

Offline juwanfidle09

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 11:01:11 AM »
Nangyayari din sa amin to. Sa tingin ko, eto yung mga rason kung bakit nangyayari yan:

1. Masyadong binibigyan ng pabor yung iba
2. Masyadong madaming bandang tutugtog
3. Late na naguumpisa

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »
How come fuseboxx always gets bumped off the line-up?
This is a common thing to us (you can probably call it a prog band's fate) and we are aware that this happens to other bands as well.

It's just strange that it happened to us in our last 3 gigs. We really don't mind playing last , or even after the main act, as long as it was set beforehand by the production/event. Even so, whenever there are sudden line-up changes, we're always the ones who give-in, even if we have to play last. This is our way of showing respect and gratitude to the events/production organizers for letting us play and share our music.

The funny thing is, whenever this situation happens and we agree, nobody from the appealing band approaches us at the least, and be appreciative of the favor we gave. Countless self-centered reasons/excuses just to play before us.

That's the reason why we are asking..."Is it really difficult to follow the line-up?" or should we change the question to..."Is it really hard to play after us?"

MagLUTO na lang tayo.  Heh Heh.  I guess you can view it like a tasting menu....  Sa Jean George, nagpahabol pa ako ng foie gras on top of my tasting menu.  And it came in LAST!!!

But seriously, one thing I learnt about Pinoys -- sometimes you never know the true reasons and usually they are the most absurd and SELF-CENTERED.  I don't deny that if you have a big HIT single, people will always surely bow down to you and follow your whims but in the meantime, just enjoy knowing that you are ENJOYING and people are still listening to you regardless where you are in the set.  YOU CAN ALWAYS CHOOSE TO SELL OUT LIKE "WILL TIME BIG TIME" -- gulat ako  na-feature pa last Satruday sina General Luna na hindi naman kasing galing niyo.  Pero kasi pang Sex Trip na banda iyon.  Pwede naman rin kayo mag weights at magpaganda ng katawan at magsuot lang ng 'chaleko' on stage.  Kaso, mga matrona naman siguro ang makukuha niyo.  LOL.

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 11:10:19 AM »
Nangyayari din sa amin to. Sa tingin ko, eto yung mga rason kung bakit nangyayari yan:

1. Masyadong binibigyan ng pabor yung iba

this! late na pupunta sa event then makikiusap na sumingit.. meron pa nga yun tipong hindi pa raw sila kumpleto, yun pala naghihintay lang na maging mainit/excited yung crowd..

and to sir mico, i feel sorry for you kasi alam ko din yung feeling na ganyan..  :-(
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 11:18:34 AM »
Plus, I really don't think it has something to do with intimidation. The line or phrase "Is it really hard to play after us?" suggests and blatantly implies that (you think) bands who want to play before you or those who don't want to play after you are somewhat intimidated by the level of your band's musicianship and musicality that's why they often opt to perform or play first.

There's an implication in yer message that says---your band is better than those who ask for or request for a priority slot because (you feel) they might not be able to keep-up, surpass, or at least equal your performance after. Let us keep the spirit of modesty alive here. But let us not get into that. I just hope I interpreted your message wrongly. Yer one of the coolest guys here, Mico. :razz:

God bless and Fuseboxx rocks! :razz:
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline phoenix_rising

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Plus, I really don't think it has something to do with intimidation. The line or phrase "Is it really hard to play after us?" suggests and blatantly implies that (you think) bands who want to play before you or those who don't want to play after you are somewhat intimidated by the level of your band's musicianship and musicality that's why they often opt to perform or play first.

There's an implication in yer message that says---your band is better than those who ask for or request for a priority slot because (you feel) they might not be able to keep-up, surpass, or at least equal your performance after. Let us keep the spirit of modesty alive here. But let us not get into that. I just hope I interpreted your message wrongly. Yer one of the coolest guys here, Mico. :razz:

God bless and Fuseboxx rocks! :razz:

I knew someone would say that!!! We were expecting this remark from someone of us implying we are better that others!!! Many times we've played with big name bands, wala naman silang other engagement, they just want to play, 2nd to last kami, main act sila, 80% ng tao eh sa kanila, then we find out they will be playing before us na, kung kelan nakahanda na kami ng gamit.

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 12:11:07 PM »
there's always that risk if you're playing last
hanggang ngayon hindi ko parin alam ang tunog ng ipis

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »
But seriously, one thing I learnt about Pinoys -- sometimes you never know the true reasons and usually they are the most absurd and SELF-CENTERED.  I don't deny that if you have a big HIT single, people will always surely bow down to you and follow your whims but in the meantime, just enjoy knowing that you are ENJOYING and people are still listening to you regardless where you are in the set.  YOU CAN ALWAYS CHOOSE TO SELL OUT LIKE "WILL TIME BIG TIME" -- gulat ako  na-feature pa last Satruday sina General Luna na hindi naman kasing galing niyo.  Pero kasi pang Sex Trip na banda iyon.  Pwede naman rin kayo mag weights at magpaganda ng katawan at magsuot lang ng 'chaleko' on stage.  Kaso, mga matrona naman siguro ang makukuha niyo.  LOL.

hahahaha :lol:
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »
Si boss Mico mababraso? :-o

unfortunately yes, that's how i see it. uso yan pag nasa dog-eat-dog commercial world.

eh sino nga ba di masisindak, e fuseboxx yan :-)

Offline rye715

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 02:23:28 PM »
A sad truth indeed. I share with your sentiments. I am with you Mico with this. Happens most of the time with my friends who are also in a band.

"Musicians are, in a sense, able to manipulate energy in the form of sound. We are able to understand the nature of sound and mold it to our liking. Among other kinds of professions, we are the ones who can wield energy in one of its purest forms."

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »
say no. patayin ang phone para di makatawag. tapos sumalang sa oras na originally itinakda hehehe. bahala na silang magkagulo :-D

Offline jellogz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »
unfortunately yes, that's how i see it. uso yan pag nasa dog-eat-dog commercial world.

eh sino nga ba di masisindak, e fuseboxx yan :-)

Ako kasi bro ayaw ko maimagine, baka pag binraso ko sya gawin akong tatlong piraso ni boss Mico eh (joke lang :D)
Just wont burn...

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 03:20:23 PM »
Hey man,

If there is an agreement that you are play in a certain order, you don't have to agree to the change. I would consider that a breach of contract. If there you do concede to the change, ask for some consideration of some sort.

You will have a stronger stand if there are any documents to show the order of bands. Your reasons don't have to be personal. Say that there was an expectation to play at a certain order and that you have spread this information to your fans. You relied on the playing order and if you were kicked out of the line up, you then stood up your fans and friends. That is your cause of action.

Hope this helps.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 03:42:47 PM »
Mico paps,

1. Get a kickass manager who can hit it up with other band managers.
2. Have the organizer sign an agreement regarding the lineup slot. 

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 07:05:01 PM »
takot lang sila mawalan ng audience dahil pagtapos niyo tumugtog, aalis na majority ng mga tao. :razz: